BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum DIY Discussions / Guides / Instructions Idrive service History update

09-18-2023, 02:25 AM   #1
iwantotlearn
Private
Rep
Drives: 520i

Idrive service History update

Hello,

Does anyone know how can you update the IDrive service history and if it's possible?

I would like to do some service on my car and to update it in the service history.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2023, 09:23 AM   #2
JuniorTech
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 340i Msport & G05 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantotlearn View Post
Hello,

Does anyone know how can you update the IDrive service history and if it's possible?

I would like to do some service on my car and to update it in the service history.

Thanks!
Go to dealersip
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2023, 10:17 PM   #3
WretchedRefuse
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M550i

Quote:
Hello,

Thanks!
At the risk of being overly simplistic: If all you need is a Service Reset, e.g. after changing oil or doing brake service, check out Bimmerlink.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2023, 07:06 AM   #4
iwantotlearn
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WretchedRefuse View Post
At the risk of being overly simplistic: If all you need is a Service Reset, e.g. after changing oil or doing brake service, check out Bimmerlink.
Thanks but I was talking about IDrive Service History update(see attached picture). In order to do service reset I think you dont even need bimmerlink as you can activate diagnostic mode and hold the cluster button.

For the people who say: "go to dealership" or "pay someone to do it" - this aint really a DIY.

It can be done by yourself just like activating digital speed for which some charge insane amounts imo.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-21-2023, 03:18 PM   #5
weinerbarn
Unapologetic Tool Hoarder
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M Competition

Quote:
Hello,

Thanks!
Is your end goal just to see a pretty list of all the service you've done? Anything you put in there is not going to get synched back in any fashion to BMW or your service records. There's a utility you can search out called HU Service Manager but it was mainly for older vehicles. I think it might still work on ID7 but not sure. The dealer doesn't even update the IDrive service history when they do maintenance because it's all in AOS (the BMW backend) so there's no need to update it in the car too.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2023, 02:38 AM   #6
iwantotlearn
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by weinerbarn View Post
Is your end goal just to see a pretty list of all the service you've done? Anything you put in there is not going to get synched back in any fashion to BMW or your service records. There's a utility you can search out called HU Service Manager but it was mainly for older vehicles. I think it might still work on ID7 but not sure. The dealer doesn't even update the IDrive service history when they do maintenance because it's all in AOS (the BMW backend) so there's no need to update it in the car too.
Thank you for this info.

I know its not synced with BMW.

The purpose is so I can track the work I have done and what needs to be done in the future. Service intervals are a bit high (e.g. 30k km for oil change) and I change the oil every ~10k. It is easier for me to go into Idrive Service History and check when I did what than to log all the details in a notebook like the old fashion way.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2023, 05:41 AM   #7
tuzii
aussie member
Rep
Drives: G30 530D

i use some free app, where i had to enter in the current details I had and then I update it
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2023, 10:05 AM   #8
Maxx Power
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 530d g30

All the previous replies are correct.

There is a program called HU Service Manager which lets you enter all your own service records, but:

- The free version can't read your current records so you have to enter those as well.
- The records you enter will only be saved in the car, not on the BMW server, so they will be lost on every update. You can save an export when you enter them so it should be fairly easy to re-enter them.

I started doing it this way but find it easier to just keep a local log of services I do rather than trying to keep this thing updated.

I can also recommend BimmerLink to reset your service records. It is a lot easier than having to fire up ISTA every time. It also keeps track of your resets. And it will save you a ton of time if you ever want to do your rear brake pads, or replace the battery, etc..

I should also mention that I did get a message regarding "unauthorised access", or similar, the last time I used HUSM, but I am not sure if it was related to that or because I had installed the CarPlay FSC.

Last edited by Maxx Power; 09-27-2023 at 10:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2024, 04:47 AM   #9
D0NVT
Rep
Drives: 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx Power View Post
All the previous replies are correct.

There is a program called HU Service Manager which lets you enter all your own service records, but:

- The free version can't read your current records so you have to enter those as well.
- The records you enter will only be saved in the car, not on the BMW server, so they will be lost on every update. You can save an export when you enter them so it should be fairly easy to re-enter them.

I started doing it this way but find it easier to just keep a local log of services I do rather than trying to keep this thing updated.

I can also recommend BimmerLink to reset your service records. It is a lot easier than having to fire up ISTA every time. It also keeps track of your resets. And it will save you a ton of time if you ever want to do your rear brake pads, or replace the battery, etc..

I should also mention that I did get a message regarding "unauthorised access", or similar, the last time I used HUSM, but I am not sure if it was related to that or because I had installed the CarPlay FSC.
I got a G20, one with basic multimedia (one without navi and CarPlay) and tried to add the latest oil change in my service history using HU Service Manager.
First I typed all the maintenance history in a text file as it's mentioned in help file because of lite version.
Second I pressed the button START to delete and write the new service history but all the history in a car was lost.
Seems I need another software to write all the history in a car.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2024, 12:34 AM   #10
bym007
Private
Rep
Drives: G30 540i

Did someone find to get a functional way to write to iDrive service history ?
2012 Acura TSX Luxi Navi in Albaster Metalllic
2005 530i in Olivine Green Metallic
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2024, 06:39 PM   #11
bym007
Private
Rep
Drives: G30 540i

Watched this video, and it makes some sense. Need to try this personally soon if it actually works.

2012 Acura TSX Luxi Navi in Albaster Metalllic
2005 530i in Olivine Green Metallic
Appreciate 0