BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery 2019 M550i OIL PAN ISSUE???

11-03-2018, 12:00 PM   #45
Cougar85
///M550i
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M550i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar85 View Post
To add insult to injury, after sitting at the VPC for nearly a week, being assured by BOTH Genius & my CA that my car did NOT have ANY holds, already having been told that it should reach the dealer Tuesday, I tried to make arrangements with him for next week...

Only to be told late tonight my car has a delivery hold on it for this issue!
My M550 suddenly showed up at my dealer Thursday morning with no further info provided. So I suppose she got the all clear after a week and a half at the VPC.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2018, 01:22 PM   #46
rudling
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550ix

Those of you that have recently taken delivery of a new M550 (or any G30, I guess) - just curious, did you get iDrive 6 or 7?

There seem to be conflicting predictions (and few reports) about:
  • Whether the Dynamic Digital Instrument Cluster (in 2019 G30s) can display the new (more angular) format, or just the traditional rings (all-digital rings, without the plastic); and
  • Whether the new angular cluster format is a "required" component of ID7, or whether ID7 will work on cars that only support the rings (with or without the Dynamic Digital Instrument Cluster).

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2018, 01:23 PM   #47
M550iG30GUY
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudling View Post
Those of you that have recently taken delivery of a new M550 (or any G30, I guess) - just curious, did you get iDrive 6 or 7?

There seem to be conflicting predictions (and few reports) about:
  • Whether the Dynamic Digital Instrument Cluster (in 2019 G30s) can display the new (more angular) format, or just the traditional rings (all-digital rings, without the plastic); and
  • Whether the new angular cluster format is a "required" component of ID7, or whether ID7 will work on cars that only support the rings (with or without the Dynamic Digital Instrument Cluster).

Thanks!
2019's come with iDrive 6 and when you get dynamic digital cluster there are no rings. Also, sport mode is now all white cluster.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      11-04-2018, 12:15 PM   #48
rudling
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M550iG30GUY View Post
They come with iDrive 6 and when you get dynamic digital cluster there are no rings. Also, sport mode is now all white cluster.
Thanks for the info and pic! The iDrive 7 UI (at least, on the head unit display, if not the cluster) looks like a significant step forward, so that would've been nice. As a current ID4 user tho, I'm sure ID6 will feel like an upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2018, 06:55 PM   #49
High Flier
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudling View Post
Thanks for the info and pic! The iDrive 7 UI (at least, on the head unit display, if not the cluster) looks like a significant step forward, so that would've been nice. As a current ID4 user tho, I'm sure ID6 will feel like an upgrade.
This might be a good topic for a separate post, as it's not related to the oil pan issue, and you'll probably get more replies.
Appreciate 1
rudling12.00
      11-04-2018, 08:43 PM   #50
rudling
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Flier View Post
This might be a good topic for a separate post, as it's not related to the oil pan issue, and you'll probably get more replies.
You're right - I was way off-topic. My question's answered, so I don't feel the need to expand the discussion, but I appreciate the gracious, diplomatic way in which you pointed that out. What a great example!
Appreciate 1