BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis Improving handling (chassis, suspension) on 540ix

04-22-2020, 05:48 AM   #1
luke1990
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G30 540ix

Improving handling (chassis, suspension) on 540ix

Hi guys,

I'm planning to improve handling and chasses rigidity on my G30 540ix. I already have the adaptive drive (anti-roll bars + DDC) from factory, but was thinking of more. Because of course I was . If anybody has any suggestion or even better concrete recommendations would be fantastic!

Key question: I've found several parts to strenghten the chassis from Hardrace - they have: adj. stabilizer link, engine bay brace, rear toe kit, front sway bar, rear subframe brace and rear sway bar. Which of these could I fit with Adaptive bar? Do I understand it correctly that I have the sway bars as part of it? I.e. anti-roll bars = front and rear sway bars?

For other things:
- Wheels: I already have lightweight forged
- Tires: Already have - Micheline Pilot Sport 4S
- Suspension: I was thinking MSS springs since KWs probably wont fit my adaptive drive?
- Anything else? - as in anything else not too crazy like removing seats and bolting massive bars instead

Thanks a ton!

Last edited by luke1990; 04-22-2020 at 07:58 AM..
Appreciate 0