BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

02-02-2020, 08:20 PM   #5237
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Seven View Post
Basically did. But also sent me a nude pic to try and sway my no decision lol.
...And this is why she likely has STDs.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 2
vreihen1614906.00
      02-02-2020, 09:06 PM   #5238
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
ooo guess who got ghosted again

your favorite turk
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
      02-03-2020, 12:58 AM   #5239
premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post

WTF

She'll probably also blame you and your selfishness for not wanting to get involved with her.
Not sure if I'd take this as a positive sign or negative...

Guess it depends if you asked for one or just got surprised with it lol
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2020, 07:53 AM   #5240
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post

your favorite turk
have you considered laser hair removal?
Appreciate 1
      02-03-2020, 07:58 AM   #5241
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
Quote:
Usually just terrible at conversation. I'm fairly outgoing, so I think part of it is them being nervous or shy. I think many of them just aren't that interesting. You ask them their hobbies, what they do for fun, what inspires them, etc, and they do nothing but sit on Facebook all day and like Instagram posts.
Every damn woman on these apps/sites says she loves travel, the outdoors, hiking, movies & music. I shit you not.

Then when you try to dive deeper, they have not done any of it in 75 years.
Appreciate 5
premier3is1627.00
MKSixer34171.50
      02-03-2020, 07:59 AM   #5242
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post

your favorite turk
Happens to all of us. Keep it moving!
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
      02-03-2020, 08:02 AM   #5243
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Went on a first date to lunch. Ordered guacamole dip. Chic started talking about her STD tests, and heroin addict ex. Said she was waiting for the results. Last thing I want to discuss while eating guacamole dip is your fucking STD tests.
I hope you immediately walked out....
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2020, 09:03 AM   #5244
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
I know what you mean; had a similar situation at the beginning of cellphones with cams, which means, this is few years ago: Cancelled a date via SMS and got seconds later an unsharp but undoubtable answer, pictured with a certain part of her body
I stayed at my "no" and she stretched the rubber further to more explicit content.
She stopped sendings after my repost to collect all her part pics and and make then a public jigsaw puzzle from it.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 2
      02-03-2020, 09:04 AM   #5245
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmr View Post
Picture isn't loading....
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2020, 09:46 AM   #5246
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
Here's something I've wrestled with for years. Does a prospective partner's financial status, at least relative to your own, matter to you?

I've drifted all over the road on this one. Does it matter to me? (Yeah, kind of). If it does, when and how do I bring it up? How much of a difference in financial status can a couple withstand, without it becoming an issue at some point?

Would love to know how you folks have grappled with this.
I think there are more important things to worry about then the money side of things. The pay gap between my fiance and I is pretty large, but I feel it keeps things civil in a way. She takes really good care of me because she knows I work hard to provide a good life for us. She was with me while we were at our poorest (through college), and things have only gone up from there.

I think others have mentioned it, but I believe the drive to be successful is more important. It's one struggle that I have with my girl. Again, we don't necessarily need the money. I think we are pretty well off for our age, but I want her to want more for herself. She has the opportunity to progress in her field, but she doesn't feel driven to pursue it. Where I thrive on more and more responsibility and progressing she seems to be a little deterred by it. I honestly just don't feel that she knows what she wants to do yet, but she will figure it out. She's quite smart, hence why I know she could be doing more. We rarely fight, but if we do this is the topic lol. I just run my mouth too much
Appreciate 4
Rmtt8206.00
MKSixer34171.50
      02-03-2020, 12:22 PM   #5247
andrewmr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4

Garage List
Quote:
Here's something I've wrestled with for years. Does a prospective partner's financial status, at least relative to your own, matter to you?

I've drifted all over the road on this one. Does it matter to me? (Yeah, kind of). If it does, when and how do I bring it up? How much of a difference in financial status can a couple withstand, without it becoming an issue at some point?

Would love to know how you folks have grappled with this.

Here's my 2 cents worth.

I think it's something younger people worry about. When I was young, and first starting out, I never even consider the fact that a girlfriend (or spouse) would earn more than me. As it started to become a reality, I thought about it for a while and said it was ok. And it was because neither of us held it over the other.

If one values the other based upon their income then I think that's when the problem(s) occur. I have a good friend that does this and it used to drive me nuts.

When I was dating, I expected the girl I was dating to take me out (pick up the check) on occasion. It didn't matter where and she could base it on her available funds at the time. As long as she was making an effort, then I was cool with that.

As for how big a difference can a couple tolerate..... well, that goes back to my early statement about how you treat the other person. If she's the right one, you'll be ok earning more and so would she if the roles were reversed.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      02-03-2020, 01:40 PM   #5248
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

As I stated earlier, my wife has a higher education than I do, but I make 5X her salary. But she works in a "public service" type of job with underprivileged children......and they don't get paid like they should. In fact, we spend more money out of pocket than we can deduct because sometimes there are cases where the kid really needs help.

She will pack bags of non-perishable food for them to take home as they may not have any other food around later.

We are able to do it, so we do.

But I know that most arguments in married people stem from money.

When we got engaged, I told her I knew there would be arguments between us as we went through life.....but money was a subject I would not argue with her about.

It's been 10 years or so, and we've never had that discussion. But it helps that we have the same spending habits. We are pretty cheap....aside from each of us having 1-2 vices. Even then, we only indulge them occasionally.
David0ff1055.00
      02-03-2020, 01:52 PM   #5249
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
I think there are more important things to worry about then the money side of things.
Tell that to someone that is in a rough patch like being laid off, etc...
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2020, 02:09 PM   #5250
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Yeah, money is nothing until you don't have any...

Even when I've been penniless (slept on a shelf, in a shed for a year, then on the floor of a canal boat for 1.5 years), there have been far more important things than money. I would spend the majority of my days trying to get money though. I was (am) super fortunate to have very supportive friends and family though, so I always knew I had a safety net.
Appreciate 1
      02-03-2020, 02:15 PM   #5251
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
run
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2020, 03:21 PM   #5252
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
Not sure of your situation, but when it comes to both sympathy and empathy you're barking up the wrong tree.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 06:59 AM   #5253
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
I am SO not ready to rejoin the cluster-fuck that is online dating. Hell, the newly minted ex isn't even moved out yet. We're roommates for another month, although it's going better than I had feared. We get along just fine as long as I'm not under pressure to assuage her insecurities.

I think I'll get back to work on my cabin and cars. A couple of carpentry projects at the cabin, in the pole barn. Both cars are going up for sale this Spring. Know what that means? Yup - NEW TOY!!!
      02-04-2020, 07:35 AM   #5254
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I am SO not ready to rejoin the cluster-fuck that is online dating. Hell, the newly minted ex isn't even moved out yet. We're roommates for another month, although it's going better than I had feared. We get along just fine as long as I'm not under pressure to assuage her insecurities.

I think I'll get back to work on my cabin and cars. A couple of carpentry projects at the cabin, in the pole barn. Both cars are going up for sale this Spring. Know what that means? Yup - NEW TOY!!!
Ultimate revenge = bringing new Tinder hoes over every night while she still lives there.

Appreciate 2
      02-04-2020, 07:37 AM   #5255
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Every damn woman on these apps/sites says she loves travel, the outdoors, hiking, movies & music. I shit you not.

Then when you try to dive deeper, they have not done any of it in 75 years.
Yup, same exact shit in every profile. My favorites are the ones who are like "let's see if you can keep up with me"

Umm, you sit on your ass all day liking Instagram posts. It won't be hard to keep up.

Appreciate 5
      02-04-2020, 07:40 AM   #5256
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Not sure of your situation, but when it comes to both sympathy and empathy you're barking up the wrong tree.
I think the OP was quoted out of context. He means there are more important things to worry about than the money side of things relationship-wise. As in the other person being a narcissist for example. I'd rather be with someone poor that has a heart and personality of gold than someone who makes the same amount of money as me but treats me like dirt. I think this is where the OP was going.

Appreciate 3
      02-04-2020, 07:42 AM   #5257
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I think the OP was quoted out of context. He means there are more important things to worry about than the money side of things relationship-wise. As in the other person being a narcissist for example. I'd rather be with someone poor that has a heart and personality of gold than someone who makes the same amount of money as me but treats me like dirt. I think this is where the OP was going.
bingo
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 08:20 AM   #5258
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Ultimate revenge = bringing new Tinder hoes over every night while she still lives there.
An amusing idea but my home is peaceful now after several months of strain. I'm not about to stir up any drama. I'm not a vengeful guy.