BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding G31 NBT EVO Traffic info volume setting

06-28-2023, 07:58 AM   #23
jag81
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G30 540iX, E87 130i

The RTTI subscription might be worth considering. It will give a "heat map" of congested roads as you travel, and if you've plugged in your destination, it will re-route if it knows of upcoming traffic on your journey.

the alternative to using RTTI and paying the yearly subscription (to which you would also need to add year subscription to update the maps) is to install/enable Apple carplay or Android Auto.

I have CarPlay, and pretty much have Google maps on. It gives me real time traffic updates etc. and the only outlay was for the initial enablement.

RDS TMC is where "local" or certain national radios transmit the update on any traffic or road closures. This can get very annoying (especially when a national station starts informing you of traffic on the other side of the country).

As your in Czech, i'd double check if RTTI is available for you. if not, i'd suggest Carplay and turn of RDS.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2023, 04:32 AM   #24
Mike 540
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive

I activated RTTI, but unfortunately the old problem with too loud volume of FM traffic messages is still here. It seems like the volume is fixed as it is the same every time a new message is broadcast. When I turn the volume down while the FM message is being broadcast, it is not memorized.
I guess this has to be coded somewhere in the HU, but I was unable to find the way to reduce the volume. The thing is that you can listen to FM broadcast at any level, but every time a traffic message is being broadcast, its level is very loud. I will try and switch the traffic messg off using the button just to see if RTTI is still active.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2023, 05:27 AM   #25
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Can’t you just turn off the traffic broadcast? I think it’s the button with the 2 cars and antenna icon on it. There really is no need for it if you have RTTI as RTTI is far superior
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2023, 03:24 AM   #26
Mike 540
Private First Class
Rep

I have no doubt of RTTI superiority. In the meantime I checked that RTTI works even with the traffic messaged turned off (which I did not know). Hence I did what AP suggests and I am fine - no more bothering loud messages :-). Thank you all very much.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2023, 06:29 AM   #27
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

That’s what these forums are for!
Common interest and helping people if possible
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2023, 04:49 AM   #28
Mike 540
Private First Class
Rep

Thats right, thank you, AP. BTW, I asked at BMW dealership and they did not know, too :-).
Appreciate 0