BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Cluster & IHKA backlighting

02-27-2020, 10:48 AM   #1
Shatter
Mr. Nobody
Finland
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Cluster & IHKA backlighting

Hey,

Did anyone figure out what lines needs to be changed to force the daylight mode for 6wb cluster and ihka panel on g-series? Already played around with some dimming lines and the tried the one that was used for f-series cluster but no joy. By default in day mode the comfort background of cluster is partly red and ihka panel turns to amber, but during daylight both are white.

Going to dig into it soon, but i guess asking around won't hurt if someone already managed to it and is willing to share.
Retrofits: None
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2021, 10:49 PM   #2
Supacat
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 540i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatter View Post
Hey,

Did anyone figure out what lines needs to be changed to force the daylight mode for 6wb cluster and ihka panel on g-series? Already played around with some dimming lines and the tried the one that was used for f-series cluster but no joy. By default in day mode the comfort background of cluster is partly red and ihka panel turns to amber, but during daylight both are white.

Going to dig into it soon, but i guess asking around won't hurt if someone already managed to it and is willing to share.
Just saw your post. So I figured out the cluster but did you ever figure out the IHKA?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2021, 07:08 AM   #3
stanospeed
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW G31 520d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatter View Post
Hey,

I want exactly the same as you, I don't like the orange mod at night.
I tried to code this but nothing happened.
I will definitely follow the topic.

- Subtle orange lines at the bottom of Extended (6WA) or Multifunction (6WB) display during the day (2013 Default is grey)
KOMBI => 3000 => HINTERGRUND_FARBE_TAG => orange

- Subtle grey lines at the bottom of Extended (6WA) or Multifunction (6WB) display during the night (2013 Default is orange)
KOMBI => 3000 => HINTERGRUND_FARBE_NACHT => grau

- Subtle grey lines at the bottom of Extended (6WA) or Multifunction (6WB) always in day mode
KOMBI => 3007 => DIM_NACHT_EIN => Werte=F
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2021, 01:16 AM   #4
Supacat
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 540i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanospeed View Post
I want exactly the same as you, I don't like the orange mod at night.
I tried to code this but nothing happened.
I will definitely follow the topic.

- Subtle orange lines at the bottom of Extended (6WA) or Multifunction (6WB) display during the day (2013 Default is grey)
KOMBI => 3000 => HINTERGRUND_FARBE_TAG => orange

- Subtle grey lines at the bottom of Extended (6WA) or Multifunction (6WB) display during the night (2013 Default is orange)
KOMBI => 3000 => HINTERGRUND_FARBE_NACHT => grau

- Subtle grey lines at the bottom of Extended (6WA) or Multifunction (6WB) always in day mode
KOMBI => 3007 => DIM_NACHT_EIN => Werte=F
So I have the 6WB. I used the following codes to get my Kombi to stay dark and not change to red in the day with the below codes. But again cant find the code for the IHKA. Tried solar sensor but that was for a different feature.

The below took care of my cluster

MPA_MSP_VIEW_ENABLE to grau_weiss (grey)
DIM_TAG_NACHT_ENABLE to Disabled.

Please let me know if you find the magic one for the climate controls.

Appreciate 0