BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions UK. Service pack vs PAYG

11-24-2020, 04:32 AM   #1
Steces
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 530d

UK. Service pack vs PAYG

Hi

I have a 530d Touring supplied new in the summer on PCP which I will almost certainly just hand back at the end of term.

Im looking for projected costs for servicing but I cant get quotes from BMW as my car isnt due any

Theres an offer on a 5y or 100000km service pack for £1100 which is 30% discount

The service countdown was activated whilst it was stuck at port in the pandemic so will definitely need to fixed major inspection at 4y. My reckoning suggests a further oil change at 2y and brake fluid at 3y

Man maths suggests I should probably keep the money in my own account as savings will be marginal for me, however if anyone can tell me actual costings Id be very grateful

Man maths guesses = 350 for the oil change, which is 10% than my 335d cost for similar, 150 for brake fluid, how hard can that be??? and 600 for the inspection. Sound about right to me..........

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 05:12 AM   #2
D3THR
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 335i, E90 330i, E36 328

I guess another factor is how long do you plan to keep the car?

My car is a 19 plate (G31 520i) when I took it in for its first service, they put the key in it flagged up Oil, Microfilter and coolant this cost me £396.59.

The next service for me is in 2022 and will probably change the car by then.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 05:41 AM   #3
Steces
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 530d

Good point

The PCP is a 4y term and I'll almost certainly hand it back

The deal was sensational and I just dont see it being remotely worth the GFV so buying it at the end would be unwise
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 12:09 PM   #4
Jas387
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5 Competition

Garage List
I can’t help with the costs of the individual services, but we have just taken out a service pack on our new 540i and were told that any cash value we don’t use can be refunded (eg if we reach the end of the term without needing the major service etc) or be transferred to another BMW.

Might be worth checking if yours is the same.

Ours is a 3 year deal at £25 / month and includes all of the below:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 12:33 PM   #5
ramparts
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas387 View Post
I can’t help with the costs of the individual services, but we have just taken out a service pack on our new 540i and were told that any cash value we don’t use can be refunded (eg if we reach the end of the term without needing the major service etc) or be transferred to another BMW.

Might be worth checking if yours is the same.

Ours is a 3 year deal at £25 / month and includes all of the below:
Why would a brand new car need an MOT in a years time ?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 12:46 PM   #6
Jas387
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidoff86 View Post
Why would a brand new car need an MOT in a years time ?
I noticed that after I posted it - this is from our initial quote where for some reason they showed the wrong date. It’s the first MOT that’s included, which will be due right at the end of the service plan.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 01:58 AM   #7
Dephead2004
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 520i

There is currently an offer of 30% discount on bmw service pack at connected drive store. 1 week only. However if you are a low mileage user be careful as it's time or miles whichever comes first. You might time out on the big service which is where you'll save big. Remember a pollen filter is over £100.

I got a service pack via bmw garage which I pay £25 pm and it is not time limited. Will save about £200.

Also your outgoings are fixed but service costs rise over the for years.

In the example above, the seasonal health checks and map updates are foc anyway I think? So basically you are paying for two services, an mot and brake fluid, which on my car comes before the 4 year major service at 3 years. They do the health check at these services automatically to see if they can drum up business.

In my view it's a no brainer. But to check, call your service and ask for these prices at today's rates. Then you know you will win on inflation, service charge rises and any savings.

I can tell you how much my service costs but it's not that helpful as they vary over the country
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 03:35 AM   #8
moscab
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 5 Series 530d MY2020

Am interested to know if this deal is good enough for me based on the actual connected drive figures for my 530d based in UK

Can someone point me out if the service schedule on the spreadsheet attached is right in terms of maintenance needed?
I could not find anything regarding this in the user's manual I'm afraid.

Also I'm not sure if the MOT would be included at year 4.
Also are Adblue, coolant & screenwash top ups part of the deal?

Wonder if there is anything missing?
Cheers
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-27-2020, 06:51 PM   #9
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive - M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steces View Post
Hi

I have a 530d Touring supplied new in the summer on PCP which I will almost certainly just hand back at the end of term.

Im looking for projected costs for servicing but I cant get quotes from BMW as my car isnt due any

Theres an offer on a 5y or 100000km service pack for £1100 which is 30% discount

The service countdown was activated whilst it was stuck at port in the pandemic so will definitely need to fixed major inspection at 4y. My reckoning suggests a further oil change at 2y and brake fluid at 3y

Man maths suggests I should probably keep the money in my own account as savings will be marginal for me, however if anyone can tell me actual costings Id be very grateful

Man maths guesses = 350 for the oil change, which is 10% than my 335d cost for similar, 150 for brake fluid, how hard can that be??? and 600 for the inspection. Sound about right to me..........

Cheers
Sytner - Service Plan https://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1762244

G30 540i xDrive / BM3 Stage 2+ / Remus Exhaust / MSS Springs / MPS4S / 20" BBS CI-R / Eibach Spacers / xHP Stg 3 / MST Intake / Lots of Gloss Black
Appreciate 0