BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions 2019 530e BimmerCode for Newb

11-26-2020, 06:05 AM   #1
rts2101
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 530e

2019 530e BimmerCode for Newb

Hello. I have been reading about Bimmercode on this site and watching a few videos on YouTube, and have decided that just a few features I would like would be worth the price of admission to Coding.

My main concern is that I do not want to do any damage and/or brick this car. But it seems to be a straightforward process for what I want to do, and I think I am ready to give it a shot.

Here are the three things that most interest me. I would greatly appreciate if others with the 530e could comment if they are possible with my car.

1. Turn off the warning in iDrive. This alone would be worth the price of the app and OBD device to me. Seems straightforward enough.

2. Display tire temperature as well as pressure. I have read that a particular TPMS stem is required. Wondering if I have it. Am I correct in guessing that since the 'recommended' pressure for front and rear tires displayed increases as I drive, that this calculation is based on temperature and therefore I have the right TPMS stems to display temperature in iDrive?

3. Twice in the last year I have returned to my car to find the trunk open. I am guessing that by keeping the fob in my pocket, I may be inadvertently hitting the trunk button on my walk away from the car. It appears I can disable the ability to open the trunk from the fob altogether, or at least increase the delay to 10 seconds. Would this mean I would have to hold the button down for 10 seconds to open the trunk? If I am going to put something in my trunk, I have no problem using the 'manual' open button on the rear deck lid to do this.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Last edited by rts2101; 11-26-2020 at 07:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 07:23 AM   #2
bluetoooth
Slovakia
Rep
Drives: G31 530d xdrive

The accidentaly open trunk is solved by last idrive6 update. Ask dealer to update car as u have issue wirh open trunk. They dis it for me as part of other service and since then i have no issue wirh open trunk as first unlock car and then trunk button is required to get trunk open. I think last is V version

Bimmercode is quite easy to use. I had no issues with coding even wirhout any former experience. Did read forums and some guys complain about issues with bluetooth dongles, but coding via enet cable and lighting to ethernet cable is safe and fast
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2020, 09:12 AM   #3
rts2101
Private
United_States
Rep

Okay...Thanks.

Has anyone used Bimmercode and the OBDLink MX+ to do any coding? Anything to be concerned about because the Hybrid situation? I think I read somewhere someone had charging issued after coding.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2020, 12:53 PM   #4
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

I have had my 530e coded for closest distance on adaptive drive, lighting and alpina display. No impact on charging.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2020, 09:24 PM   #5
marsb007
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX M60

I too had Bimmercode and a 530e. Same Bluetooth connector. No issues.

For the more advanced features you'll need Esys and an Ethernet cable, along with a desire to tinker with countless settings.

You'd probably also be better paying someone to code a lot of options in the car for you. Depends really what you need and/or want.

If you want anti-dazzle or high beam glare free, only way to get them is through esys.

Either way, for the 3 settings which you listed you can do yourself with Bimmercode in about 5 min.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2020, 04:52 AM   #6
rts2101
Private
United_States
Rep

Thanks Everyone....all seems to have went well with the three things I really wanted.

Still a bit scary, but all seems well.
Appreciate 0