BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding HK Front Right Malfunctioning

01-05-2020, 10:40 PM   #1
JCFans01
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 2018 G30 530e

HK Front Right Malfunctioning

I recently start noticing that my front right HK speakers are malfunctioning. When playing certain frequencies the speakers would emit static hissy sounds like I have put the sounds too loud and the speakers are being played to the edge of its capacity.

I have played with the balance and faders (as a test) and the other speakers don't have this issue.

Is this able to be replaced under warranty?
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2020, 11:54 PM   #2
Frozen Fractals
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i xDrive

I don't have H&K and instead have B&W, but I recently had to have my left side subwoofer and center midwoofer replaced under warranty due to defects on both. The sub was clearly blown (would rattle when playing anything with bass) and the mid would create a static/buzzing sound when playing above 50% volume. I spoke with my SA and the shop foreman about the center speaker issue since they were at first not able to repeat it. The foreman went through the process of how they diagnose audio issues. They have a test CD that sweeps through the frequency spectrum. I have to show them what I was hearing. So if they can't replicate the issue, then ask to show them yourself.
Appreciate 0