BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition Gym Talk! Daily gym related talk

01-17-2020, 03:11 PM   #1805
downshiftapex
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Not fast enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Also...don't know your age, but you could be working against a fast metabolism as well.

Most of us in here that or serious or crazy....we pretty much can tell you the amount of calories we have eat the day before.

I personally track mine on an app, so I know how much I'm getting. Then it's pretty simple....I increase calories daily and do it consistently if I want to gain.

I won't lie, training is easy....eating is the hardest part!
I have a very fast metabolism and naturally very lean so I've always had this working against me and for me in the sense that I prefer the lean look.

Legs today to end the week. Excited to leave work and do some squats.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      01-17-2020, 06:15 PM   #1806
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

@Rmtt What say ye regarding NRF 1&2, and related any products that claim to elevate?
      01-17-2020, 08:31 PM   #1807
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Been hitting the gym hard the last few days! Been feeling good and feeling strong
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2020, 06:21 AM   #1808
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
@Rmtt What say ye regarding NRF 1&2, and related any products that claim to elevate?
Warning...this will be long.

If you are talking Nuclear respiratory factors.....I know that it is based on oxidation that affects mitochondrial function....or the downgrade of it as that is what powers every cell in our body.

Now exercise and some foods help activate those pathways to aide in mitochondrial production and raise ATP levels. But they only go so far.

I know of one product that actually has been shown in testing to improve mitochondrial function, lower cholesterol, lower fasting blood glucose, and has a lot of other benefits.

I will say it's considered a SARM which it really isn't as it doesn't fit that category, but that's what most people call it. It's also classified in the group of a pro-hormone, so it's considered a "gray market" supplement.

It went through clinical trials, but was pulled because of a claim they made that it could cause existing cancer cells to grow. If you do enough research, you will find that the trial they based that on was skewed because the dose given was 100× higher than what a human would take, and it was given to mice that were genetically engineered to have cancer cells for research purposes.

My personal thoughts are that big-pharma shut it down because of how effective it was, and there have actually been some unauthorized studies that show it actually inhibited cancer cell proliferation.

It's been out and in use for years. It was dubbed exercise in a bottle because it was developed for those people who were unable to exercise as it actually stimulates all the metabolic processes that exercise causes. So they wanted a product to improve health markers in people who were typically sedentary due to issues beyond their control.

The World Doping Agency was the first to ban it as it is so effective in benefiting any cardiovascular exercise. It makes your body's aerobic and anaerobic systems work explicitly more effective.

It is called GW 50156. I urge you to do a lot of research on it and draw your own conclusions.

I will say that I have been taking it under my Dr's supervision for over 2 years already. And when taken anything like this, I always reccomend that it's done with your Dr's approval. Ive been with my Dr for over 20 years, and we have tested a lot of things. I value my health more than almost anything as I have people that depend on me.

When I first started, my total cholesterol always stayed in the 170's and within 3 months it dropped and has stayed at around 130. Much better than any Statin and the side effects it gives you. All my health markers are excellent and I rarely if ever get sick.

If we were to see anything change such as white blood cell count or other associated factor...I would drop it immediately.

But we haven't seen anything but positive results. An example of one thing....before I could run all out on a treadmill and get my pulse into the 160's. Now I can exert more effort, go longer, and I can't get my pulse to go above 135. And when I cool down, my heart rate drops back to normal within just minutes.

Plus cardio wise....I can pretty much go as long as I want and don't get tired. It's kind of like when you get your "second wind"...but you have that from the start.

Now I'm not advocating anyone use it as it's for "research purposes" only. But given my contacts, and I know a lot of professional athletes that use it.... I know of plenty of companies that source, manufacture, and sell it in the US and guarantee its purity via independent labs.

Also it's cheaper than most OTC supplements as around $30 gets you a 45 day supply.

Also do some research on it on some of the "life-extension" forums. These guys tend to be on the cutting edge of anything that comes down the pipe that really help.....more so than weightlifters.

They are always on the look for things that could make someone more healthy, live longer, and have a better quality of life.

Later if interested, drop me a PM and I can send you some links and you can make up your own mind.

Disclaimer - I take this kind of stuff very seriously. Anything I use...my Dr is fully aware of and has seen the studies. If in his opinion something isn't safe, I don't touch it. That's why I'm always harping about having a good personal relationship with your health provider.
      01-18-2020, 06:52 AM   #1809
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

In addition to the post above, I will say that there are a lot of compounds out there that 99% of the population know nothing about. Most people don't need them, but some things out there are in my opinion better for you than prescription drugs.

They are legal, have scientific documentation backing them up that you can find on PubMed, and available pretty easy.

I can't tell you how many people I have been able to get off of their blood pressure medications with a simple supplement you can buy at the Vitamine Shoppe.

But one must do all the research and reach their own conclusions.

And you should always consult your Doctor before using any kind of supplement.

I can show you numerous items being sold OTC in GNC that can actually be harmful to you if you take them the wrong way.

So do your homework and look at all factors such as....
Does it impact liver values?
Does it impact blood glucose negatively?
Does it impact Hemoglobin and Hemotocrit levels?

I will add.... Food and drink can also affect the supplements you take. Alcohol can skew liver values, grapefruit can extend the half-life of a lot of things. So always research!

I want everyone here to reach their goals, but do so safely while being as healthy as possible.
      01-18-2020, 05:59 PM   #1810
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

What I'm looking at is part of a trapezoid scheme, but the product has value potentially. They keep referring me to PubMed studies about LifeVantage. I won't be selling, but it had been a few years since I last saw this couple and they looked better

I'm starting to really struggle with mental recall. I eventually get there, but by the time I do there's nobody around to hear me
      01-19-2020, 05:19 AM   #1811
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Looking at the company, I see in 2017 that LifeVantage was issued a warning letter by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regarding illegal advertising claims.

Now that isn't a big thing as a lot of those companies get warned and all they have to do is change their claims on the product and usually put on a "boilerplate" addendum that states that it hasn't been verified by the FDA.

As for mental recall, have you looked into Huperzine A?

That's been talked about awhile on the life extension forums and a lot of people like it although I never tried it. But its been around for years.

But it's used for Alzheimer's, memory / learning enhancement, and age-related memory impairment.
      01-19-2020, 09:51 AM   #1812
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Keep in mind that Rmtt does not drink alcohol. When you start mixing alcohol with these substances is when the nasty side effects start to rear their head. If you start taking any substance that messes with your hormones I'd drop alcohol completely.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      01-19-2020, 10:17 AM   #1813
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Getting ready for a leg day after work fellows! Anyone hitting the gym or already have like Rmtt?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      01-19-2020, 11:01 AM   #1814
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Chest today but got tattoo last night not sure how that will feel
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      01-19-2020, 12:45 PM   #1815
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Getting ready for a leg day after work fellows! Anyone hitting the gym or already have like Rmtt?
I did shoulders, calves, and forearms this morning. Not a particular heavy day as I feel like calves and forearms respond better to very high reps....but man the lactic acid burn that comes with it is brutal!
      01-20-2020, 08:40 AM   #1816
tony55343
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 335i coupe 6mt

Hit up the gym Fri for some chest/arms/back . Went home and used elliptical for 30 mins than did elliptical sat and sun morning as well. Stayed under 1825 calories each day. Feeling great , and making mad mirror progress! Only like 25 days in so far, can't wait to see what kind of progress I will make over the next couple months ! Thinking ill break the 245 mark when I do my weekly weigh in on Weds morning !
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2020, 10:02 AM   #1817
tony55343
First Lieutenant
Rep

Made it to the gym yesterday did arms/chest/back . hit the treadmill for 15 mins, then went home and hit the elliptical for 30 minutes ! got my weekly weigh in tomorrow morning to check my progress !
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2020, 10:18 AM   #1818
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Keep in mind that Rmtt does not drink alcohol. When you start mixing alcohol with these substances is when the nasty side effects start to rear their head. If you start taking any substance that messes with your hormones I'd drop alcohol completely.
Fuck it then

I went Sunday afternoon and had a whole cable rack to myself. Lat pulls, cable curls, sit-ups and shoulder stretches with no interruptions!!!

Yesterday ran before the water fell out of the sky. Missed my magnesium this am and can feel the left hammy threatening to cramp
      01-21-2020, 10:47 AM   #1819
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Well I've been eating like hell and I'm losing weight. Might be dying guys, good talking to all of you. See ya in the next life.

Kidding, kidding haha. Idk sometimes my body goes through these spurts where it just tackles anything I throw at it. My fiance and I were on a bad food binge over the weekend. Meals consisted of lumpia, wings, burgers, fries, hushpuppies and homemade ramen. Yet I lost 3 lbs, weird.

Took off Saturday. Sunday was shoulders/biceps. Yesterday legs, and chest this morning. Solid workouts through each. Although I had an absurd amount of water retention on Sunday, most likely from all of the salt I was consuming.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 06:36 AM   #1820
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Back/tri this morning. Continuing to lean out although I am still not sure why. Had a large firehouse sub for lunch w/ chips, and fried chicken sandwich with chicken tenders and fries on the side from Box Car Bettys for dinner. Also a root beer float..... Dropped another 1.5lbs from yesterday.

I'm starting to get back into some pretty intense runs at the end of my workout, so I am thinking it's from that. Start out around 7mph for a mile just to get loosened up. From there .5mph increases every 1/4mile until I reach 2.5miles. So ending my run at 10mph for a 1/4miles. HR topped out at 192 this morning lol.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 06:43 AM   #1821
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Sounds like your metabolism is on fire. I would "milk" it as long as you can.

Those kind of moments when your body does things you aren't expecting are great!
      01-22-2020, 06:50 AM   #1822
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Sounds like your metabolism is on fire. I would "milk" it as long as you can.

Those kind of moments when your body does things you aren't expecting are great!
Yeah man, not complaining by any means! It's all working in my favor too. My suit was a little tight about a week ago, and I need to fit into it tomorrow for a luncheon & meeting w/ the city. Tried it back on last night and everything is looking good!
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      01-22-2020, 07:10 AM   #1823
tony55343
First Lieutenant
Rep

Hit the elliptical last night for 30 mins, haven't went over my 1825 calories a day since I've started tracking approx 3 weeks ago , dropped another 2.2lbs on my weigh in this morning (247.8 this morning) a little upset i only dropped 2.2lb in a week busting my butt and eating fairly low calories for my current weight, however as long as the number keeps going down weekly I'm happy ! Tonight I'll be hitting back/arms/chest followed up with some cardio !
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 09:38 AM   #1824
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony55343 View Post
Hit the elliptical last night for 30 mins, haven't went over my 1825 calories a day since I've started tracking approx 3 weeks ago , dropped another 2.2lbs on my weigh in this morning (247.8 this morning) a little upset i only dropped 2.2lb in a week busting my butt and eating fairly low calories for my current weight, however as long as the number keeps going down weekly I'm happy ! Tonight I'll be hitting back/arms/chest followed up with some cardio !
Nice man keep it up! Progress is progress any way you look at it. You may need to stoke you metabolism a little. I'd slightly increase your calories for a week or two, then drop back down to the 1825 mark. Your body is most likely accustom to the amount of calories that you have been taking in and as a result it isn't working as efficiently as it could be.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      01-22-2020, 09:56 AM   #1825
243Racing
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2

Couple weeks in to StrongLifts 5x5. Loving the work but feels like I’m not doing enough. Of course I’m coming off working out up to 2 hours a day and playing semipro football...my body needs a break lol
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      01-22-2020, 10:59 AM   #1826
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastieBombRacing View Post
Couple weeks in to StrongLifts 5x5. Loving the work but feels like I’m not doing enough. Of course I’m coming off working out up to 2 hours a day and playing semipro football...my body needs a break lol
StrongLifts is a good program for getting back to basis, letting your injuries and central nervous system recover, and setting up for another run on a more advanced training program when you are ready.

I routinely go back to Wendler's basic 5/3/1 program when I feel that I'm on that edge of over-training for about 4-6 weeks as the reduced volume really helps physically and mentally.