BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Match 7BMW amplifier for hifi upgrade

02-22-2020, 12:09 PM   #1
jwong77
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e

Garage List
Match 7BMW amplifier for hifi upgrade

Has anyone here replaced the stock amplifier on their cars yet? I'm specifically interested in the Match 7BMW 7 channel amplifier. It looks to be a direct drop in replacement for the hi-if amp. Just looking for opinions based an actual usage and experience with it. Thanks I'm advance.
      02-22-2020, 02:35 PM   #2
Shatter
Mr. Nobody
Finland
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Hello,

Just read through a topic of someone replacing 676 hifi amp with Match UP 7BMW on a G01 X3 and it's not plug & play anymore. Match amp brackets and harness connector is slightly different in g-series. Check out the detailed post from here. E: as this topic was created more than year ago, maybe Match have responded to the changes by altering their harness by now?

I have the Match UP 7BMW amp installed on my G30 along with some nice Audison speakers and have nothing but positive experience, can highly recommend for anyone. Although my car had no hifi options at all to begin with so i can't give you any instructions with amp replacing. I just replaced all the crappy standard speakers and installed amp, what a world of difference.

I don't understand why luxury cars even have the option for business radio with no tweeters, 2 middle speakers and 2 underseat woofers. It just simply sounds so horrible you wanna cry.
Retrofits: None
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2020, 07:14 PM   #3
jwong77
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatter View Post
Hello,

Just read through a topic of someone replacing 676 hifi amp with Match UP 7BMW on a G01 X3 and it's not plug & play anymore. Match amp brackets and harness connector is slightly different in g-series. Check out the detailed post from here. E: as this topic was created more than year ago, maybe Match have responded to the changes by altering their harness by now?

I have the Match UP 7BMW amp installed on my G30 along with some nice Audison speakers and have nothing but positive experience, can highly recommend for anyone. Although my car had no hifi options at all to begin with so i can't give you any instructions with amp replacing. I just replaced all the crappy standard speakers and installed amp, what a world of difference.

I don't understand why luxury cars even have the option for business radio with no tweeters, 2 middle speakers and 2 underseat woofers. It just simply sounds so horrible you wanna cry.
Thanks, when you installed what instructions did you follow to remove the trunk panels, etc?

Also, did you run into the issue with the incompatibility in terms of the harness as well? If so what did you do to work around it?
      02-23-2020, 03:45 AM   #4
Shatter
Mr. Nobody
Finland
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwong77 View Post
Thanks, when you installed what instructions did you follow to remove the trunk panels, etc?

Also, did you run into the issue with the incompatibility in terms of the harness as well? If so what did you do to work around it?
Here's a link to NewTIS.info on replacing the amp, you can find instructions with pictures, wiring diagrams etc for everything from that site. Most of the interior pieces are only held in place with clip-ons or such, a set of plastic interior tools like this are a MUST:

As i stated earlier, because my car came out of the factory only with crappy business radio i had to run totally new harness for the amp from back of the headunit to the trunk which was plug&play. If you are replacing an existing amp you only need to use the small harness adapter that comes with the packaging, which seemed to have some fitting issues atleast back in 2018 as you could see from the previous post. Probably best if you mail directly to the manufacturer and ask if they have sorted that already?

PS. don't forget to properly adjust the amplifier afterwards, the downloadable settings from Audiotec website are just a base to start with. DSP timing settings are the most important. If you want i can share my settings which is already adjusted to G30, but it may need some bass tweaking due to you having original hifi speakers. I am running Audison speakers all around.

Here's a photo pack of speaker installation to G31 chassis from a local audio guy here in Finland, sadly no pics of amp. *Click*
Appreciate 1
jwong77319.00
      02-24-2020, 03:14 AM   #5
jwong77
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatter View Post
Here's a link to NewTIS.info on replacing the amp, you can find instructions with pictures, wiring diagrams etc for everything from that site. Most of the interior pieces are only held in place with clip-ons or such, a set of plastic interior tools like this are a MUST:

As i stated earlier, because my car came out of the factory only with crappy business radio i had to run totally new harness for the amp from back of the headunit to the trunk which was plug&play. If you are replacing an existing amp you only need to use the small harness adapter that comes with the packaging, which seemed to have some fitting issues atleast back in 2018 as you could see from the previous post. Probably best if you mail directly to the manufacturer and ask if they have sorted that already?

PS. don't forget to properly adjust the amplifier afterwards, the downloadable settings from Audiotec website are just a base to start with. DSP timing settings are the most important. If you want i can share my settings which is already adjusted to G30, but it may need some bass tweaking due to you having original hifi speakers. I am running Audison speakers all around.

Here's a photo pack of speaker installation to G31 chassis from a local audio guy here in Finland, sadly no pics of amp. *Click*
Thank you! I would really like to get your DSP settings adjusted for the G30. I purchased the amp, now waiting on its delivery, and I already own those plastic tools, so I should be all set.
      03-07-2020, 11:35 AM   #6
Shatter
Mr. Nobody
Finland
Rep

Garage List
Here's my adjusted settings for the Match amp, note that the dsp timings of the front end are set to center. If you are mostly driving only by yourself you can re-adjust them so the stereo image is made 100% for the driver.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SedanG30.zip (2.4 KB, 352 views)
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2023, 04:57 AM   #7
mimoon
Private
Rep
Drives: G31

Hello. I need to buy a USB cable to control the up7 from the driver's seat. What length should be sufficient. Does it have to be active or not, 3.0 or is 2.0 enough?
Appreciate 0