BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Photos - Video - Build Threads My 540ix Bluestone Build

10-18-2020, 03:41 AM   #23
UKF30
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 LCI Black Saphire

I am sure I know you from somewhere

Build is going strong and all the right mods , well done

Here is my second one got in December last year can’t wait to get LCI one next year

I have done loads to this one as well but never got round to do a thread been busy moving house and re decor this year
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Junebug851589.00
MauiSteve279.50
      10-18-2020, 04:22 AM   #24
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive - M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKF30 View Post
I am sure I know you from somewhere

Build is going strong and all the right mods , well done

Here is my second one got in December last year can’t wait to get LCI one next year

I have done loads to this one as well but never got round to do a thread been busy moving house and re decor this year
Haha!

Hey Kam, hope all is well.

Thanks bro. Few more bits to do soon...

Your one looks great! Lovely colour.

What Wheels are those? They suit the car so much!

G30 540i xDrive / BM3 Stage 2+ / Remus Exhaust / MSS Springs / MPS4S / 20" BBS CI-R / Eibach Spacers / xHP Stg 3 / MST Intake / Lots of Gloss Black
Appreciate 1
UKF302522.50
      10-18-2020, 06:11 AM   #25
UKF30
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 LCI Black Saphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebug85 View Post
Haha!

Hey Kam, hope all is well.

Thanks bro. Few more bits to do soon...

Your one looks great! Lovely colour.

What Wheels are those? They suit the car so much!

Looking forward see new mods bro .

These are 659M wheels but I had them done in gloss black
Appreciate 1
Junebug851589.00
      10-26-2020, 10:02 PM   #26
Moozin
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i

MSS Suspension

Quote:
Hey Bud,

Thank you and thanks for the follow!

Congrats on the new car! be good to see some pics!

I've got a few things lined up...

- MSS lowering Springs

- Exhaust/Backbox modification to make it a little louder

- Maxton Front Splitter and Side Blades

- STM rear diffuser and black out exhaust tips

- DMS tune and possibly a downpipe too.

Moving house early next year and my wife keeps reminding me to go easy on the car for now
Good Progress, car looks great. I am in between minds trying to choose the lowering springs - usual options are Eibachs and H&R - companies like Motech are preferring the Eibach option so i am struggling to justify the price tag of MSS suspension + fitting totalling to around £950. I have adaptive suspension already so wondering I might still have the ride comfort if i just get Eibachs. What's your take on it ?

Backbox mod from where ? I have mine done from Paul pcwexhaustmods - I am very pleased with it but looking to at custom exhaust options as well to achieve quad-exhaust remus style look.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 08:17 AM   #27
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moozin View Post
Good Progress, car looks great. I am in between minds trying to choose the lowering springs - usual options are Eibachs and H&R - companies like Motech are preferring the Eibach option so i am struggling to justify the price tag of MSS suspension + fitting totalling to around £950. I have adaptive suspension already so wondering I might still have the ride comfort if i just get Eibachs. What's your take on it ?

Backbox mod from where ? I have mine done from Paul pcwexhaustmods - I am very pleased with it but looking to at custom exhaust options as well to achieve quad-exhaust remus style look.
Thank you mate

I've looked at Eibach's for the G30 and have seen videos and pictures of the cars Motech have done. To me, they still sit that little bit high for my liking. I agree the MSS are quite pricey compared to others, but I like that they can be adjusted to what you want them to be, height wise. I'm booked in at Evolve next month to get them done.

Backbox mod - as you mentioned, I will also be going to Paul at PCW to get it done. Booked in at the end of January 2021. He has a long waiting list!

Does your car have an OPF/PPF fitted?

I'm currently also looking at a tune for it and narrowed it down to DMS or NV Motorsport.

DMS:

450bhp and nearly 440lb.ft of torque. This will include the updates to the gearbox, and recalibrating your sports dials.

This price includes fine-tuning on one of our 4WD dynos and our full aftersales software support package, this is three years of unlimited callouts to either reinstall the software if it is overwritten during a software update from the main dealer, also if it is going in for any warranty work where the car will be test driven we will revert the car to standard to ensure the obvious power increases do not provoke any questioning from the warranty manager. These callouts are unlimited, free of charge, and we will come to any location required.

NVM:

Original BHP 340
Tuned BHP 440
Original Torque (Nm) 450
Tuned Torque (Nm) 600

NVM Package includes:
Custom tuning on the dyno
Charge pipe fitted
Panel filter fitted
Decat downpipe fitted

I'm leaning more towards the DMS option as the 3 year aftersales support package sounds decent. But the NVM option sounds good too, replacing standard parts (Charge Pipe) with upgraded ones. I've heard very good things about both companies and they give you confidence that they know what they are talking about and on what they doing.

G30 540i xDrive / BM3 Stage 2+ / Remus Exhaust / MSS Springs / MPS4S / 20" BBS CI-R / Eibach Spacers / xHP Stg 3 / MST Intake / Lots of Gloss Black
Appreciate 1
Moozin31.00
      10-28-2020, 04:45 AM   #28
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Just received my new Gloss Black diffuser. As it comes in 2 pieces, there are some fixings that came with it.

I think the 2 smaller pieces go on the ends of the bottom piece but can't work out where the 3 taller pieces go... any ideas?

Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-28-2020, 05:14 PM   #29
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

First part of the diffuser fitted today.

Waiting for the exhaust backbox to be modified first then I'll be able to put the bottom part of the diffuser on.

I've also ordered some Foliatec Exhaust Spray Paint to turn the chrome tips black.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
RogueAI104.00
daxbox56.00
      10-31-2020, 11:40 PM   #30
Moozin
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thank you mate

I've looked at Eibach's for the G30 and have seen videos and pictures of the cars Motech have done. To me, they still sit that little bit high for my liking. I agree the MSS are quite pricey compared to others, but I like that they can be adjusted to what you want them to be, height wise. I'm booked in at Evolve next month to get them done.

Backbox mod - as you mentioned, I will also be going to Paul at PCW to get it done. Booked in at the end of January 2021. He has a long waiting list!

Does your car have an OPF/PPF fitted?

I'm currently also looking at a tune for it and narrowed it down to DMS or NV Motorsport.

DMS:

450bhp and nearly 440lb.ft of torque. This will include the updates to the gearbox, and recalibrating your sports dials.

This price includes fine-tuning on one of our 4WD dynos and our full aftersales software support package, this is three years of unlimited callouts to either reinstall the software if it is overwritten during a software update from the main dealer, also if it is going in for any warranty work where the car will be test driven we will revert the car to standard to ensure the obvious power increases do not provoke any questioning from the warranty manager. These callouts are unlimited, free of charge, and we will come to any location required.

NVM:

Original BHP 340
Tuned BHP 440
Original Torque (Nm) 450
Tuned Torque (Nm) 600

NVM Package includes:
Custom tuning on the dyno
Charge pipe fitted
Panel filter fitted
Decat downpipe fitted

I'm leaning more towards the DMS option as the 3 year aftersales support package sounds decent. But the NVM option sounds good too, replacing standard parts (Charge Pipe) with upgraded ones. I've heard very good things about both companies and they give you confidence that they know what they are talking about and on what they doing.
I spok to NVM as well but in the end went down the BM3 route as the platform allows me to make changes myself so i can put the car back to stock within minutes and play around with exhaust burble settings etc.

For our engine, a Decat / Sports-cat downpipe and tune is required only to get upto around 450HP and i am in the process of speaking to couple of exhaust shops for a custom Sports Downpipe and as i have BM3 already so will be able to go stage 2 straight away. Air intake can be helpfull as well if we get something like Eventuri but quite expensive, may be have a chat with Evolve when you are there to discuss it.

Still, Custom tuning is better but aftertune service is great but it's the hassle of contacting the company and aligning availabilities/schedules etc which puts me off a bit. BM3/MHD/MG Flasher platforms are great with massive following and support so for the level we are trying to achieve i.e., Stage2 with a DP only i think the platform offers a great value for service and freedom. I chose BM3 as managed to get the license from Paul @ PCWExhaust and due to upcoming map switiching features plus great community support ( Not much between BM3/MHD/MG Flasher).

Springs wise well Most of the feedback has been positive about H&Rs, i know what you mean about MSS but with the price difference i am willing to take a gamble with H&Rs considering i have adaptive suspension already. Please provide your valuable feedback about MSS system. In the mean time i will update about H&Rs and spend the money saved towards some other mods i.e., Driving Assistant plus retrofir :-)

Ah and No i do not have OPF/PPF.
Appreciate 1
Junebug851589.00
      10-31-2020, 11:53 PM   #31
Moozin
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kier77 View Post
Lovely car mate. Started following your Instagram as well. I just picked up a 2020 M550i in Bluestone. Big change in colour for me. I usually get black or white cars but when I saw this one on the dealer lot I loved the colour.

What other mods you got planned?

I've already ordered spoiler, front lip, side skirts, mirror caps, and side vents. Considering a res delete as well
If and when you save up enough or have money to spend then look to get AC Schnitzer exhaust system for your 550i, It is going to transform the sound completely :

Expensive mod but totally worth it. Thank me later. And then next goal :

Appreciate 0
      11-01-2020, 03:39 AM   #32
RogueAI
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 Co/2022 X5 M50i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kier77 View Post
Lovely car mate. Started following your Instagram as well. I just picked up a 2020 M550i in Bluestone. Big change in colour for me. I usually get black or white cars but when I saw this one on the dealer lot I loved the colour.

What other mods you got planned?

I've already ordered spoiler, front lip, side skirts, mirror caps, and side vents. Considering a res delete as well
If and when you save up enough or have money to spend then look to get AC Schnitzer exhaust system for your 550i, It is going to transform the sound completely :

Expensive mod but totally worth it. Thank me later. And then next goal :

I was under the impression there are currently no aftermarket exhaust options for M550i with the 523hp engine.

It will also probably be prohibitively expensive down here in Aus
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2020, 02:58 PM   #33
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Exhaust Tips:

I have a big disliking to chrome on cars and it was only a matter of time before the exhaust tips on the car needed to be replaced with Black or Dark Chrome ones. Looking at OEM dark chrome replacement tips for the G30, they are very hard to come by as they are only available for the Sport model which we don't get in the UK. I found some part numbers online and found that they worked out to £102 each. I almost made the plunge but then spoke to a mate who had used Foliatec Exhaust Spray on his X5.

It cost £31 delivered. The product contains primer and hardener included. I sprayed the tips with 6 coats each and then left for 7 days to harden as per the instructions.

https://www.foliatec.com/shop/en/lac...-glossy-250-ml

I'm very pleased with the results and it looks good with the black gloss diffuser. The bottom piece of the diffuser will go on once I've had the backbox modified by PCW. to finish the back end off, I'm looking to get a gloss black M Performance Pro Style spoiler and also thinking of a light smoke tint to the tail lights to give it that "shadow" look.

Few pictures below (the one showing the underneath angle - they are water droplets from the exhaust not paint droplets!)
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
daxbox56.00
RogueAI104.00
      11-06-2020, 03:15 PM   #34
Jas387
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Exhaust Tips:

Looking at OEM dark chrome replacement tips for the G30, they are very hard to come by as they are only available for the Sport model which we don't get in the UK.
I think you must be able to buy the black replacement OEM tips in the UK now because they're standard equipment on the LCI M Sport Edition model.

Either way though, the paint seems to have done the exact same job (at a fraction of the price). Nice work!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2020, 03:41 PM   #35
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas387 View Post
I think you must be able to buy the black replacement OEM tips in the UK now because they're standard equipment on the LCI M Sport Edition model.

Either way though, the paint seems to have done the exact same job (at a fraction of the price). Nice work!
Yes, Sytner Leicester said they could order them for me - £210 if I remember correctly, but found them on a parts site for £204.

Thanks bud. Saved some money to spend on some other mods!

Appreciate 1
Jas387200.50
      11-17-2020, 12:38 AM   #36
Moozin
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Yes, Sytner Leicester said they could order them for me - £210 if I remember correctly, but found them on a parts site for £204.

Thanks bud. Saved some money to spend on some other mods!
Looks good, I am looking at Quad Exhaust options instead. It is proving difficult to add Quad tips on factory backbox. The better option is to part with PCW Modified Backbox and get a custom exhaust system, in 2 minds really. I might go down the route to getting custom system and sell PCW modified backbox as people are having to wait months to get it done. I love the exhaust sound at the moment so it is proving to be very difficult to decide but current tips are an eye sore to me specially with M5 CS style diffuser.

Quads can be welded on existing pipes out of the backbox but it’s a weird angle and the finish achieved does not look great from underneath. I am after a permanent solution allowing me to change the tips whenever i like to the different ones. Photos of the finish of a welded on tip attached below.

In terms of the tint, I have put medium on the rear lights and light at the front ones as a trial. Not bad in my opinion. Done MSS springs yet ? My H&R's + spacers + M4 CS Style spoiler is getting installed after couple of days and then Saturday is booked with the Exhaust shop to explore the options about quad-exhaust tips. In the process of choosing a catted downpipe as well :-D
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      11-17-2020, 03:52 AM   #37
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Looks good, I am looking at Quad Exhaust options instead. It is proving difficult to add Quad tips on factory backbox. The better option is to part with PCW Modified Backbox and get a custom exhaust system, in 2 minds really. I might go down the route to getting custom system and sell PCW modified backbox as people are having to wait months to get it done. I love the exhaust sound at the moment so it is proving to be very difficult to decide but current tips are an eye sore to me specially with M5 CS style diffuser.

Quads can be welded on existing pipes out of the backbox but it’s a weird angle and the finish achieved does not look great from underneath. I am after a permanent solution allowing me to change the tips whenever i like to the different ones. Photos of the finish of a welded on tip attached below.

In terms of the tint, I have put medium on the rear lights and light at the front ones as a trial. Not bad in my opinion. Done MSS springs yet ? My H&R's + spacers + M4 CS Style spoiler is getting installed after couple of days and then Saturday is booked with the Exhaust shop to explore the options about quad-exhaust tips. In the process of choosing a catted downpipe as well :-D
Thanks Bud.

I'm booked in with PCW at the end of Jan. Just seen on IG that he is now doing Downpipes too. Have you got any sound clips of your exhaust? Would be good to hear how it sounds.

I've seen some people who have got the Remus or AC Schnitzer back boxes on their cars and then taken it to PCW to mod it further.

I've enquired at a few places about a light smoked tint for the rear lights - just need to get it booked in. I'm waiting on delivery of a M Perf Pro Style Spoiler painted in Gloss Black too.

Springs are going on end of this month.

I do like the colour of your car! Looks gear, especially with the bodykit.

Appreciate 0
      11-17-2020, 04:17 AM   #38
Moozin
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Thanks Bud.

I'm booked in with PCW at the end of Jan. Just seen on IG that he is now doing Downpipes too. Have you got any sound clips of your exhaust? Would be good to hear how it sounds.

I've seen some people who have got the Remus or AC Schnitzer back boxes on their cars and then taken it to PCW to mod it further.

I've enquired at a few places about a light smoked tint for the rear lights - just need to get it booked in. I'm waiting on delivery of a M Perf Pro Style Spoiler painted in Gloss Black too.

Ta mate, work in progress and i need to wash the car more often And take better quality photos as well -

Where are you based ? Look up https://www.instagram.com/wrapstarzuk/ for tint options.

I only got the backbox mod and postponed the resonator delete as wanted to get the feel of it and a downpipe was in plans so decided to do it step by step as did not want a very loud, raspy sound. Putting Stage 1 on with OTS burbles have brought more fun to the sound.

Just put the videos on Youtube for you, here you go :

Stock:

Backbox Modified:

Backbox Modified with BM3 Stage 1 OTS Burbles:

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2020, 11:20 AM   #39
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks Bud.

Ta mate, work in progress and i need to wash the car more often And take better quality photos as well -

Where are you based ? Look up https://www.instagram.com/wrapstarzuk/ for tint options.

I only got the backbox mod and postponed the resonator delete as wanted to get the feel of it and a downpipe was in plans so decided to do it step by step as did not want a very loud, raspy sound. Putting Stage 1 on with OTS burbles have brought more fun to the sound.

Stock:

Backbox Modified:

Hope this helps.
Ah nice one. Thank you! Much better with the burbles!!

Your BM3 stage 1, did you go 91 or 93 octane?

Appreciate 0
      11-17-2020, 11:22 AM   #40
Moozin
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks Bud.

Stock:

Backbox Modified:

Hope this helps.
Ah nice one. Thank you! Much better with the burbles!!

Your BM3 stage 1, did you go 91 or 93 octane?
93 mate. Always used Shell 99 RON even before the Remap.
Appreciate 1
Junebug851589.00
      11-19-2020, 10:04 PM   #41
jlcf22
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i09

Quote:

off topic but where did you find that rear diffuser?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 08:55 AM   #42
Mik3ymomo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 540i XDrive

Enjoying the thread so far. What’s next? I’m about to pick up a 2018 540i XDrive in the same color and like some of the De-Chroming you have done here. Look forward to more content.
I am also going to upgrade the steering wheel to a heated element one. I have the driving assistant package but no heated wheel. I noticed you mentioned it’s straight forward with just a new wheel with the button as any car with a driver assistance package has everything else already installed?
      11-26-2020, 02:51 PM   #43
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik3ymomo View Post
Enjoying the thread so far. What’s next? I’m about to pick up a 2018 540i XDrive in the same color and like some of the De-Chroming you have done here. Look forward to more content.
I am also going to upgrade the steering wheel to a heated element one. I have the driving assistant package but no heated wheel. I noticed you mentioned it’s straight forward with just a new wheel with the button as any car with a driver assistance package has everything else already installed?
Thanks Bud!

Changes due soon:

- MSS Adjustable Springs next week

- Set of Michelin PS4S tyres ordered

- Possibly a new set of wheels (my passenger side front and rear alloys have a slight buckle in them after hitting a huge pothole at 60+ mph) I took them to get straighten but there is still a slight wobble with them both at 70+mph. Not really driven the car much recently so haven't bothered in getting them replaced.

- Gloss black M Performance Pro style spoiler has been ordered and waiting for it to be delivered

- Larger steering wheel paddles have been ordered but not yet fitted

Looking forward to seeing pictures of yours. What's your plans to do with it?

I'm not sure about the heated steering - I know someone else commented on here about it but it wasn't me bud

Appreciate 1
Mik3ymomo204.50
      11-30-2020, 10:55 AM   #44
Junebug85
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

MSS Adjustable Springs fitted...

I went to Evolve Automotive this morning to have the MSS Adjustable Springs fitted to the car. They did an amazing job and turned it around in around 3 hours. The fronts are set to a 30mm drop and the rear is set to 25mm. Just on looks alone, it has transformed the car and can't get over how good it looks!

The ability to set your desired 'drop' is worth the extra money in my opinion. You get a C-Shape Spanner that fits onto the adjuster. If I were to adjust them, I'd put the car on axel stands/ramp that way both sides can be done at the same time.

On the drive home, it was like driving a different car. From the get go, it felt very planted and responsive. Taking the 3rd exit on the first roundabout I came to, I chucked it in as I would normally and the way it handled it was so much better then on the stock springs - much more sharper. That floaty like feeling was gone.

Knowing that they are manufactured by Eibach gives you that extra piece of mind and confidence too! In essence they are the in the middle between lowering springs and Coil overs. I wanted the lowering springs mainly for looks but this way you get the extra added benefits of the improved driveability - (I always drive in Sport or Sport Plus so having that comfy ride doesn't bother me that much).

Overall - Really happy!

Last 2 pictures are before/after (Weather wise, it wasn't the best of days for pictures!)
Attached Images

Last edited by Junebug85; 11-30-2020 at 11:20 AM..
Appreciate 4