BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Cosmetic Modifications G30/G31 LCI M Performance Exterior Parts

09-20-2022, 10:16 PM   #1
bimmer568
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M550

For those with a G30/G31 LCI contemplating M Performance carbon lip, sides, difusser, etc. see attached PDF from 2/2021. This is the most recent version I could find.

I pick up my '23 M550 this week and have been researching aftermarket aerodynamics. Many great posts from members on trim options from Ebay, RW Carbon, Ninte, Maxton Design, etc. Pros and cons of each. I learned to pay attention to what parts listed on websites will match and fit the LCI. Emailed manufactirers directly. Some have spoilers and side skirts but no matching rear diffuser (yet). Others only sell pre-LCI components.

Personally, I'm leaning toward the M Performance parts. Yes the most expensive option but I prefer OEM parts. Still deciding, however. In my research on BMW accessories I found many old versions of the below PDF on the web that didn't relate to the G30 LCI. Examples... the MP LCI carbon lip is three different parts vs a single unit in pre-LCI versions. Also for the MP carbon rear diffuser "blade" you need the gloss black bumper cover.

Hoping this helps others in LCI's who are contemplating aerodynamics.

Link to PDF doc.

https://rparts-sites.s3.amazonaws.co...tall_Instr.pdf
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 5_Series_M_Performance_Manual.pdf (1.15 MB, 351 views)
Appreciate 3
      10-16-2022, 10:12 AM   #2
advans
Advansolosis
Rep
Drives: ///M+////AMG

All those are great. Just make sure you’re not buying from modecarbon. place is a joke now.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2022, 04:24 AM   #3
ianerrid
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e M Sport xDrive

Garage List
Great information

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer568 View Post
For those with a G30/G31 LCI contemplating M Performance carbon lip, sides, difusser, etc. see attached PDF from 2/2021. This is the most recent version I could find.

I pick up my '23 M550 this week and have been researching aftermarket aerodynamics. Many great posts from members on trim options from Ebay, RW Carbon, Ninte, Maxton Design, etc. Pros and cons of each. I learned to pay attention to what parts listed on websites will match and fit the LCI. Emailed manufactirers directly. Some have spoilers and side skirts but no matching rear diffuser (yet). Others only sell pre-LCI components.

Personally, I'm leaning toward the M Performance parts. Yes the most expensive option but I prefer OEM parts. Still deciding, however. In my research on BMW accessories I found many old versions of the below PDF on the web that didn't relate to the G30 LCI. Examples... the MP LCI carbon lip is three different parts vs a single unit in pre-LCI versions. Also for the MP carbon rear diffuser "blade" you need the gloss black bumper cover.

Hoping this helps others in LCI's who are contemplating aerodynamics.

Link to PDF doc.

https://rparts-sites.s3.amazonaws.co...tall_Instr.pdf
You made my mind up! I keep seeing the cheap ebay item which look tempting, but also say they fit 17- or 17-22 which I don't think is possible. The thing I also learned is that if you fit the cf diffusor you have to code out the comfort function of the boot (trunk) opener as it doesn't work after fitment.

Also, as far as I can see with the cheap-n-cheerful versions you dont get the proper exhaust support.

Thanks for the great info!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2022, 05:11 AM   #4
MrLatte
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i

Saw this for sale on BMW uk used site, is this an OEM splitter?

Appreciate 0
      12-02-2022, 06:49 AM   #5
bimmer568
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M550

Looks like it. It it carbon fiber than most likely. There are a fee UK/ Euro manufactures like Max that may have close knock offs.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2022, 09:00 AM   #6
G30 B58
Pace Car Driver
Rep
Drives: '22 AW G30 B58 M-Sport

I wish more M-Perf parts came in gloss black. I really dislike exposed or raw carbon. Buying carbon fiber and painting them gloss black just adds expense.
Appreciate 0