BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications 21-22 540i performance and sound options

09-19-2021, 09:32 PM   #1
duercos
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F36>F16>G30

21-22 540i performance and sound options

Hi everyone,
I am probably gonna order a my22 540i tomorrow and was wondering whether I should order mppsk to get installed at the port or go some other routes. It's a lease. If I decide to do the mppsk, I will stack a jb+. Another option would be getting a jb4 and a separate exhaust. I'd like to get a deeper sound with some burbles/pops, without going obnoxiously loud. Any good axle backs or stock mufflers with a high flow cat?
Any input is appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2021, 07:32 AM   #2
cna90
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 540ix with MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by duercos View Post
Hi everyone,
I am probably gonna order a my22 540i tomorrow and was wondering whether I should order mppsk to get installed at the port or go some other routes. It's a lease. If I decide to do the mppsk, I will stack a jb+. Another option would be getting a jb4 and a separate exhaust. I'd like to get a deeper sound with some burbles/pops, without going obnoxiously loud. Any good axle backs or stock mufflers with a high flow cat?
I recently upgraded mine with MPPSK.
Sounds is amazing. But throttle response just made it a whole new car. When you floor it, it's like there is no tomorrow. No matter what rpm you're at. With it hits 7 and changes gear, oh boy the sound it makes is the perfect tune for a flat 6.
The sound is not obnoxious either. Comfort mode is fairly quiet except the cold start for just the first 5-10 seconds while with sport/sport+ you hear it well.
B58 has so much to it, but bmw tamed it on 540i. With MPPSK you get the MPE exhaust along with the torque converter and the software upgrade. Torque converter is unique to 540i only and transforms the car.
Appreciate 1
duercos201.00
      09-20-2021, 08:05 AM   #3
Ictus
Private First Class
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: BMW G30

Don't waste money for MPPSK. You can buy MPE or other tune exhaust. It will be cheaper. Anyway you will not have pops and bangs without flash tune.
F30 320d xDrive 2013 Alpine White Sport Line - sold
E90 325xi 2006 Sparkling Graphite - sold
Appreciate 2
      09-20-2021, 11:09 AM   #4
duercos
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ictus View Post
Don't waste money for MPPSK. You can buy MPE or other tune exhaust. It will be cheaper. Anyway you will not have pops and bangs without flash tune.
I can get it installed at port and only pay 45% of the cost since it's residualized. Not even some burbles?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2021, 11:13 AM   #5
duercos
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cna90 View Post
Quote:
Hi everyone,
Sounds is amazing. But throttle response just made it a whole new car. When you floor it, it's like there is no tomorrow. No matter what rpm you're at. With it hits 7 and changes gear, oh boy the sound it makes is the perfect tune for a flat 6.
The sound is not obnoxious either. Comfort mode is fairly quiet except the cold start for just the first 5-10 seconds while with sport/sport+ you hear it well.
B58 has so much to it, but bmw tamed it on 540i. With MPPSK you get the MPE exhaust along with the torque converter and the software upgrade. Torque converter is unique to 540i only and transforms the car.
Good to hear, thanks!
I currently drive a 2018 X6 with N55 engine, mppk, mpe, jb+, drop in afe and a charge pipe. The car is heavy.. overall I am satisfied with the performance and sound, but want something a bit more aggressive in my next car lol. I know that the 540 is around 600 lbs lighter and the new b58 engine is even more promising than my n55. I will probably order it with a mppsk and then will stack a jb+ or jb4 later on as well as a hight flow cat
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2021, 12:18 PM   #6
cna90
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi everyone,
Good to hear, thanks!
I currently drive a 2018 X6 with N55 engine, mppk, mpe, jb+, drop in afe and a charge pipe. The car is heavy.. overall I am satisfied with the performance and sound, but want something a bit more aggressive in my next car lol. I know that the 540 is around 600 lbs lighter and the new b58 engine is even more promising than my n55. I will probably order it with a mppsk and then will stack a jb+ or jb4 later on as well as a hight flow cat
I was thinking of doing a similar thing. I was gonna do race chip gts black. I'm quite enjoying the car with MPPSK rn.
I'm gonna do a video soon with MPPSK. Right now the diffuser is all efed up. I'll do it as soon as I get my diffuser.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2021, 12:25 PM   #7
duercos
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi everyone,
Good to hear, thanks!
I was thinking of doing a similar thing. I was gonna do race chip gts black. I'm quite enjoying the car with MPPSK rn.
I'm gonna do a video soon with MPPSK. Right now the diffuser is all efed up. I'll do it as soon as I get my diffuser.
Don't recommend Race Chip.. I've tried 2 separate chips from them on both my n20 and n55 cars, both cars had problems right after the install, drivetrain multination, rough ride and etc. I bought one used, another one brand new.
0 problems with jb+ on both cars over 6 years almost. Also, Since you already have mppsk installed, the racechip won't do anything extra what jb+ will give you in terms of boost. Imho
Appreciate 1
cna90176.00
      09-20-2021, 01:39 PM   #8
cna90
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi everyone,
Good to hear, thanks!
Don't recommend Race Chip.. I've tried 2 separate chips from them on both my n20 and n55 cars, both cars had problems right after the install, drivetrain multination, rough ride and etc. I bought one used, another one brand new.
0 problems with jb+ on both cars over 6 years almost. Also, Since you already have mppsk installed, the racechip won't do anything extra what jb+ will give you in terms of boost. Imho
Thanks for the input. I'll look into it. It's cheaper than race chip! Even better for me.
Appreciate 1
duercos201.00
      09-21-2021, 02:44 AM   #9
Ictus
Private First Class
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: BMW G30

Quote:
I can get it installed at port and only pay 45% of the cost since it's residualized. Not even some burbles?
My 540 2019 was silent from the factory. MPPSK which i installed didn't gave me what i want. I had to flash the original 2018 firmware for them to appear.
F30 320d xDrive 2013 Alpine White Sport Line - sold
E90 325xi 2006 Sparkling Graphite - sold
Appreciate 0