BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Dashboard ambient lights stopped working after audio system upgrade

05-13-2022, 11:04 PM   #1
beolink
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW E39 G31

Dashboard ambient lights stopped working after audio system upgrade

Hi,
I recently installed an amplifier in a "basic audi" G30. additional wiring was put in all the way from the radio in the front of the car and back to the luggage compartment.
This was a good upgrade but sadly the ambient light in the dash and ash tray (ambient light at mobile device charger) stopped working. (ambient light on all the doors still work however). I´m starting to think I might have disconnected a cable above the ash tray when pulling the cables behind the radio. Does anyone know where there is a connector that I might have dislodged?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2022, 05:41 PM   #2
buddyboy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 17 540ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by beolink View Post
Hi,
I recently installed an amplifier in a "basic audi" G30. additional wiring was put in all the way from the radio in the front of the car and back to the luggage compartment.
This was a good upgrade but sadly the ambient light in the dash and ash tray (ambient light at mobile device charger) stopped working. (ambient light on all the doors still work however). I´m starting to think I might have disconnected a cable above the ash tray when pulling the cables behind the radio. Does anyone know where there is a connector that I might have dislodged?

Thanks in advance.
I had similar issue with mine when installing an MMI box, check the connectors on the large dash trim panel you probably removed, if that seems good check the panel below the glovebox if you removed it, there is 1 connector there for the footwell led, if that isnt connected the main dash panel will not illuminate, very strange, but that was my issue
Appreciate 0