BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions These *Should* Fit?

05-08-2022, 04:40 AM   #1
SonD
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 545e (Finally :-) )

These *Should* Fit?

A question about rims / tyres.
Apologies if this has been posted before, but I cannot find.

My 545E *should* be arriving in late June / early July.
It comes with 20" rims and 'runflats' with adaptive suspension (well, it had better not have that deleted as well)
I am looking to keep the rims it comes with (846 M - Y spoke) for winter tyres, and would like to fit the 20" 668M from the 550i as summer wheels / tyres.
While the website says it's OK, just wondering if anyone has done this to a G30 (530E / 545E especially)

Thanks for any thoughts.

https://www.alloywheelsdirect.net/bm...68m_wheel_5787
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2022, 05:48 AM   #2
r1cero
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw 520d g30

They're literally same spec in size, width, et so they will definitely fit.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2022, 09:24 AM   #3
StuW530e
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 545e M Sport

Sorry to hijack this, but when did you order your 545e?.. Just trying to gauge how long a wait there is.... I have been trying to order one only to be told that they are waiting for package and colour updates "some time in May" to be released and I can't place an order until then. Very annoying
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2022, 01:14 PM   #4
SonD
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuW530e View Post
Sorry to hijack this, but when did you order your 545e?.. Just trying to gauge how long a wait there is.... I have been trying to order one only to be told that they are waiting for package and colour updates "some time in May" to be released and I can't place an order until then. Very annoying
Annoying does not come close to how I currently feel.
Honestly, if I were you, I would think twice now, I am literally about to throw in the towel.
After waiting for 7/8 months it **should** be being built right now.
Then they decided that I didnt want B&W any longer, and for good measure threw in a 6 week delay (to week 25)
As of today, I have been told that it cannot be allocated a build date <why??>
and that they will get back to me 'by the end of the month'
Utterly disgusted.
I cannot see how what you order today ever being built as the 'new 5' will be being built by then.
Apologies for how that reads.
It is, however, what it is and what is happening to my 545E
I would guess at 12months minimum, then add a few.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2022, 03:47 AM   #5
StuW530e
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 545e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonD View Post
Annoying does not come close to how I currently feel.
Honestly, if I were you, I would think twice now, I am literally about to throw in the towel.
After waiting for 7/8 months it **should** be being built right now.
Then they decided that I didnt want B&W any longer, and for good measure threw in a 6 week delay (to week 25)
As of today, I have been told that it cannot be allocated a build date <why??>
and that they will get back to me 'by the end of the month'
Utterly disgusted.
I cannot see how what you order today ever being built as the 'new 5' will be being built by then.
Apologies for how that reads.
It is, however, what it is and what is happening to my 545E
I would guess at 12months minimum, then add a few.
Thanks for the response, although not what I wanted to hear. I guess them getting back to you by the end of the month is also probably related to the "updates" I am awaiting, and also helps explain that when I ask for the current lead times, they don't even respond to that question!

I will probably persevere though, because I have my heart set on one.

They only thing they do know is that Bernina Grey is no longer an option. What colour have you gone for?
Appreciate 1
SonD325.00
      05-11-2022, 06:29 AM   #6
G30 545e
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 545e G30

I feel like I was lucky.

Ordered my 545e back at the end of May 21 and was told this, that and the other would be missing from it. It arrived into dealer at the end of Nov 21 after 'only' a six months wait, with everything I specced on the car and I took delivery of the car in January 22.

Was talking to my dealer in the last week and he said the war in Ukraine is having a serious effect on production in Germany, with many components being manufactured in Ukraine its impossible to give customers a definite delivery date. The Ukrainians have a lot more to worry about than making widgets for BMW I suppose. ☹
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-11-2022, 06:59 AM   #7
SonD
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuW530e View Post
Thanks for the response, although not what I wanted to hear. I guess them getting back to you by the end of the month is also probably related to the "updates" I am awaiting, and also helps explain that when I ask for the current lead times, they don't even respond to that question!

I will probably persevere though, because I have my heart set on one.

They only thing they do know is that Bernina Grey is no longer an option. What colour have you gone for?
Tanzanite blue is what I have on order, but be aware that anything 'individual' (colour, leather, and a fair few options can and have in my instance add weeks/months to the build time.
I'm ok with that, it's the fact that all of the parts should have been allocated and sorted weeks ago, and it **should** be in production now, not constantly put back, and now, well, nothing.
The Ukraine issue is a known, and held many car builders up (they made circa 18% of the world demand for wiring looms), so that has had to be re allocated.
2 weeks from build time should not then go, oh, we do not have X,Y,Z so lets put it on indefinite hold.
I have 2 options. Wait (how long) or walk and go to another manufacturer and wait yet another 12 months.
First world issues.
I'm going to listen to some music.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2022, 07:02 AM   #8
SonD
Lieutenant
Rep

I went to ask the dealer what would happen if I changed from Blue to that amazing Red, the result would have been the exact position im now in apparently.
Amazing car and colour.
I wish mine physically existed instead of being a random spreadsheet in some computer in Germany.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2022, 01:48 AM   #9
gunnermanms
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonD View Post
I went to ask the dealer what would happen if I changed from Blue to that amazing Red, the result would have been the exact position im now in apparently.
Amazing car and colour.
I wish mine physically existed instead of being a random spreadsheet in some computer in Germany.

I would change it to the red. It’s awesome!
Appreciate 0