BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion BMW 335i M sport edition warranty

08-08-2011, 05:42 PM   #1
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335i

Question BMW 335i M sport edition warranty

Hi all, i was thinking of buying a used 2010 335i m sport here in Canada. The person I'm buying from said that he got a from a luxury import dealer here in Canada, and that the importers had previously got it from the states. He said that it still has 2 years warranty left, and that everything is covered. There is muffler and air intake installed by the previous owner in the states. I was wondering, does this VOID the warranty? he said that he doesn't because the computer system hasn't been tampered with. What should i do in this situation? Do i have to take it to a certified BMW and pay them to check it out?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2011, 06:40 PM   #2
Mirko
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4M, E90 328i, E84 X1

Warranty is transferable but the maintenance is not, imported my car here so I know.

Intake and exhaust shouldn't cause problems when going to dealer for work to be done. It is their job to prove the modified part caused the problem. Some law about it.

I'd call up BMW and ask personally if it voids the warranty but my first guess is no. Software is more likely to void than exhaust/intake.

Don't need to take it to BMW to get certified, costs I think 3-4K for the extended warranty which is hardly worth it. Best of luck.
Appreciate 0