BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion Why do BMWs handle better than the other European competitors?

06-11-2009, 11:56 PM   #23
rcracer_tx
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJP View Post
I really don't see whats so great about Audi's interiors.

And to say that BMW has the worst interior is an overstatement, IMO.
I've never liked Audi's interiors... I think Porsche had the best interior last generation, but the new interiors are ugly imho...

That being said, I would put Audi at the bottom of the list in terms of interior looks...
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 12:30 AM   #24
Sam12345
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: jet black 335i coupe

Garage List
2008 335i Coupe  [0.00]
bmw doesnt handle that well....

drive a porsche
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 01:42 AM   #25
rcracer_tx
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam12345 View Post
bmw doesnt handle that well....

drive a porsche
Yep, my previous 550 edition Boxster S (had upgraded suspension from the factory compared to the regular S) makes the 1er feel like a dog around corners...
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 02:57 AM   #26
jayely1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Makes me wanna drive a Porsche! hmmm Wonder how the new Cayman S drives???
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 03:05 AM   #27
Z4MCJJ
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkishexpress View Post
Honestly, I'm very disappointed with the handling and the lack of lsd on these over weight 3 series
Yes the 335i's handling is horrible....that's why I got rid of mine and got a Z4M Coupe...the thing is pure genius on the track!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 03:06 AM   #28
youngbuck18
Rep
Drives: Lexus

Because it is BIMMER and BIMMER is fly.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 03:08 AM   #29
jayely1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Yes the 335i's handling is horrible....that's why I got rid of mine and got a Z4M Coupe...the thing is pure genius on the track!!!
haha horrible...That might be a little far.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 06:49 AM   #30
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayely1 View Post
Go for a test drive in a demo if available. Spend 30 minutes in it and you will be sitting at the sales persons desk when you get back.

The latest reviews of the new Boxster S are raving too. I think I read "The steering is from God" or something like that. With PDK/launch control they recorded a 4.1 0-60 time.

I built a Boxster S on their site.....$70,470.00 Sport seats/PDK/PASM

My only whine about the 3ers interior is the leather. Looks and feels like a work boot.

Attached Images

Last edited by gonzo; 06-12-2009 at 07:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 08:48 AM   #31
Bols
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: F36 AW 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversprint View Post
BMW does a good job of adding some sporty feel to all their street cars but doesn't make anything as sporty as the Mid-engine AWD Audi R8.

I think an R8 will probably out perform any street car BMW sells today.
lol even the M3 beats it on a rolling start, next to that you gotta compare the mid-engine vs the front positioned engine etc etc yada yada. They don't make a car that's really comparable in that aspect, that's true. Bottom line they are both awesome cars, but the R8 never really was a supercar ... atleast now with the V10 it can start being one ... maybe.

Lol just checked some youtube races out, it's so funny how all those reactions from bmw vs audifans go Usually the audifans bring up quattro, and then start explaining how they kind of actually know everything about every part in it and that it is superior. Then the other guys knock em down with common sense lol can read those comments for days
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 10:42 AM   #32
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

Quote:
the current gen Cayman S handles like a dream....

it was a tough choice for me between the cayman and the z4m
      06-12-2009, 10:43 AM   #33
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

Quote:
haha horrible...That might be a little far.
it is porky
      06-12-2009, 11:47 AM   #34
Master Deep
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 325xi

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
All Porsches get pretty good discounts off sticker. Don't just think gd $75k for boxster s. You can bring that down quite a bit. The difference between their invoice and MSRP is huge.

And Audi's interior's are amazing IMO. Just look at the design and feel of the seats in the new A4/A5/S5 line. Audi even puts 1-piece Recaro seats in some of their S and RS models. They leave the plain looking bmw seats in the dirt. BMW's interior traditionally is more business like. It's not made to look fancy or nice for the most part. Just functional but with good materials. Even the new 7er interior looks boring to me when u compare it to a S550.

The lack of LSD really bugs me. Especially when the G37 has a LSD in the sport package. Even Porsche for 2009 has offered the option of a LSD for all their cars. Hopefully BMW starts offering it as an option at least in the next gen 3-series.

But based on what BMW's been releasing lateley, I find myself not being as much of a fan of the brand as before. The 3-series still rocks if you need a nice sporty car that can carry people and stuff too, but all the other models are eh to me. Actually Audi has been catching my eye more now...
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 11:53 AM   #35
Master Deep
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Oh and I'm predicting Audi to overtake MB and BMW eventually in US Sales. Maybe within 10 years. They have really upped their game with the R8 and designing some hot cars (A5/S5 ), plus they have those trick LED DRL's. Those stand out MUCH MUCH better and can be seen from a greater distance when compared to BMW's Angel Eyes. I used to think the Angel Eyes were cool back when only the E39 had it, since it was far rarer to see them. Now that every bmw has it, I see like 2 pairs of angel eyes at every light. So much so that I don't even pay attention to them anymore. Obviously Audi's LED's will end up this way too, but at least they are the new thing right now.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 12:03 PM   #36
Bols
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: F36 AW 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Deep View Post
Oh and I'm predicting Audi to overtake MB and BMW eventually in US Sales. Maybe within 10 years. They have really upped their game with the R8 and designing some hot cars (A5/S5 ), plus they have those trick LED DRL's. Those stand out MUCH MUCH better and can be seen from a greater distance when compared to BMW's Angel Eyes. I used to think the Angel Eyes were cool back when only the E39 had it, since it was far rarer to see them. Now that every bmw has it, I see like 2 pairs of angel eyes at every light. So much so that I don't even pay attention to them anymore. Obviously Audi's LED's will end up this way too, but at least they are the new thing right now.
Leds have far surpassed themselves already imo. Have to admit they improved over the very first christmaslight ones but really only look good on the R8 & S5
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 12:05 PM   #37
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

I know the P's have some huge profit margins but, believe it or not, the best store here in Dallas is selling the poop out of their stock. They sold 40 in May. New and pre-owned.

I don't know about the rest of the country but that is a lot of P's in this economy. Point being, I don't think they would discount much on a new version Cayman/Boxster.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 07:20 PM   #38
jayely1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Go for a test drive in a demo if available. Spend 30 minutes in it and you will be sitting at the sales persons desk when you get back.

The latest reviews of the new Boxster S are raving too. I think I read "The steering is from God" or something like that. With PDK/launch control they recorded a 4.1 0-60 time.

I built a Boxster S on their site.....$70,470.00 Sport seats/PDK/PASM

My only whine about the 3ers interior is the leather. Looks and feels like a work boo
Little to pricey!! I can't find anything on 0-60 or quarter mile times for the new Cayman S. The previous ones were not quite as fast as I would of liked for that much $$. But I hear the new ones could be in the 12's. But like I said, I can't find a real review.

Quote:
the current gen Cayman S handles like a dream....

it was a tough choice for me between the cayman and the z4m
Why did you chose the Z or the cayman? Cayman S?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2009, 11:22 AM   #39
200Duece
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '73 2002,'18 X5 35d,'17 328d T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Deep View Post
BMW sells more CPO cars than Audi sells new.

And I remember when the boxster S came out. Some guy had one at Big Willow. Not impressed. I was in his trunk all day. He finially waved be by going into 8. To be fair I haven't driven a new one recently. Not that big a fan of the Cayman either. Let's talk about some GT3 Rs

1988 E28 535is Euro Conversion --- sold
2009 E90 335 6MT --- sold
2003 E39 540iT Msport --- sold
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2009, 11:32 AM   #40
Master Deep
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
The current cayman s and boxster s are considered the best handling cars ever...and that's by more than one source. If Porsche didn't purposefully handicap it so its slower than the 911, it would be a giant killer. But the skill of the driver is still more important than the car...
Appreciate 0