BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) F1 2017: Belgian GP - Spa-Francorchamps (Aug 27)

08-28-2017, 11:05 AM   #23
SonnyJack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 M3/'18 F83 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxyblue View Post
As exciting as the driver's championship is, I think I'm even more excited to see what happens between Perez and Ocon the rest of the year. It's getting hilariously out of hand.
Agreed.

However, one of them is liable to get someone killed. Perez definitely shouldn't have squeezed Ocon on their first contact, but attempting a pass heading down to Eau Rouge was a tad aggressive. Ocon could have waited for the upcoming DRS zone and made an easy overtake.

The second one (I believe in the same spot) which brought out the safety car was just crazy!

They're going to keep banging into each other until someone gets sat down.
AA Gen 2 Lvl 2 w/Meth; MagnaFlow catless x-pipe; Dinan Underdrive Pulley; VAC Coated Bearings; ARP Rod Bolts; Oil Diverter Valve; Dinan Strut Braces; Dinan Rear Toe Links; ECS Rear Trailing Arms; MCS 2-Way NR w/700F-1000R; GC Camber Plates; AKG 75D MM & 95A TM; CAE Shifter; Titan T-S5; StopTech ST60 380mm/ST40 355mm; MFactory DS; Zebulon Splitter; Zebulon 330 Rear Wing; Gutted w/Piper Motorsports Custom Cage; OMP WRC-R Seats
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2017, 12:05 PM   #24
N52UNED
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328i/330BPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyJack View Post
Agreed.

However, one of them is liable to get someone killed. Perez definitely shouldn't have squeezed Ocon on their first contact, but attempting a pass heading down to Eau Rouge was a tad aggressive. Ocon could have waited for the upcoming DRS zone and made an easy overtake.

The second one (I believe in the same spot) which brought out the safety car was just crazy!

They're going to keep banging into each other until someone gets sat down.

According to Force India's COO Otmar Szafnauer - they're going to start calling the shots behind the wall installing team orders. Perez and Ocon are not longer allowed to "race" each other. At this point I'm not so sure Force India has the "balls" enough to instill team orders, but that's what Otmar is claiming.

This is too bad ... at one point in the race, over the radio, Ocon was questioning the team for putting them near each other. Which I totally agree with. I used to like Checo ... not so much anymore. Defending your line and putting your teammate into the wall are two different things. It's obvious he was pissed that Ocon passed him on the right before ... and was going to teach the rookie a lesson. He had all the room in the world to move a bit left and let Ocon by. This is Checo's 7th season in F1 ... he knew what he was doing. Total BS.

Last edited by N52UNED; 08-28-2017 at 01:15 PM..
Appreciate 2
SonnyJack323.00
M3Fury122.50
      08-31-2017, 01:17 PM   #25
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

I suggest replacing Ocon with Maldonado.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2017, 10:37 AM   #26
N52UNED
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328i/330BPC

With how much money Checo brings to Force India ... I wouldn't be surprised if they don't resign Ocon. Unfortunately.

If they do ... it's because Checo gets declared #1 driver and Ocon is under team orders for the races, unless he happens to be enough spots ahead that Checo isn't a factor.
Appreciate 0