BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions 2023 530e Availability in the US

03-25-2023, 10:20 AM   #1
my5401
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive

2023 530e Availability in the US

My 2020 540i xDrive lease expires in a few months.

I want to lease a 2023 (2024?) 530e xDrive.
My dealership in Southeastern Michigan has been telling me I can't order one yet and they have no idea when they will get an allocation. I would consider leasing one that is similar to my build. The dealer I work with said he'll let me know when they become available. I've looked into all the lease extension and "re-lease" options while waiting for my 2023, figuring I'll need an extension.

FWIW, I also looked into Audi, Jaguar/Land Rover and Lexus PHEVs and the story is pretty much the same.

What are other US customers finding in terms of that availability of the 530e?
Also, is the 330e more readily available?

I'm not sure about the options with leasing from outside of Michigan. Would a vehicle on one of the coasts be more readily available?

Your insights are appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2023, 11:51 AM   #2
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Have you considered making the leap to a full BEV? I traded in my 2018 loaded 530e in December for a Genesis GV60 BEV and haven't looked back since.

4 second 0-60 time (unless one depresses the boost button on the steering wheel when it changes to 3.7 and gawd only knows what it is if launch mode is selected). Nappa seating; ultrasuede headliner, etc.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2023, 12:23 PM   #3
my5401
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
Have you considered making the leap to a full BEV? I traded in my 2018 loaded 530e in December for a Genesis GV60 BEV and haven't looked back since.

4 second 0-60 time (unless one depresses the boost button on the steering wheel when it changes to 3.7 and gawd only knows what it is if launch mode is selected). Nappa seating; ultrasuede headliner, etc.

I'm in a single car household. I looked at the distribution of trips that I make and a BEV right now will be problematic. I'm aiming for a BEV in my next update cycle. My niece has a Tesla and they love it.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2023, 04:29 PM   #4
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by my5401 View Post
I'm in a single car household. I looked at the distribution of trips that I make and a BEV right now will be problematic. I'm aiming for a BEV in my next update cycle. My niece has a Tesla and they love it.
I am a single car household also but I live in the warm southwest, not Michigan and my wife doesn't like to travel so my distribution of trips works. But I fully understand your current needs.

One comment: as a BMW owner you are used to being able to drop your car off and get a loaner. That is not always the case for other luxury car brands and almost never the case for other than luxury car brands. As a single car household, that can be important.
Appreciate 0