BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis Question TPMS Running winter wheels and tires

06-30-2019, 08:29 PM   #1
jsf721
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i X M Sport

Question TPMS Running winter wheels and tires

If I were to run winter wheels with BMW TPMS sensors can I swap my own rims and will the TPMS read after some driving or do they need to be coded to read by a special tool.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 09:14 AM   #2
CLABRO
THUNDER UP!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M Sport G30

Garage List
As long as they're the same size wheels then you should be fine. You'll just need to reset the TPMS in the iDrive after you switch them and drive around for a mile or so.

It gets a little tricky when you start getting into different size wheels and/or wheels from a different model car because the sensors are usually pre-programmed for their OEM application to begin with.

G30 l Alpine White l M Sport Package l Executive Tier l Icon Adaptive Full LED Headlights l Mocha Nappa Leather l Multi-Contour Seats l Drivers Assistance Package l Drivers Assistance Plus Package l Dynamic Handling Package l Parking Assistance Package l Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound System l M Sport Brakes l Apple Carplay
Appreciate 0