BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions A rant about BMW Canada support

09-11-2019, 03:18 PM   #1
MontyP
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e

A rant about BMW Canada support

I am curious to hear about other forum members' experiences with support for the BMW Connected App in their respective countries. I can say that the support in Canada is appalling .

I have read about US owners calling a "BMW Genius" number and getting a live person and instant help. Alas, no such support exists for Canadian customers. Although the iDrive of my Canadian 530e and my Connected App list support numbers, when either is called and a live person answers I am told that the representative is unable to access my car and assist because it is a Canadian car. Alas there is no Canadian support number to call. The only option is to send an email to "bmw-connecteddrive@bmw.ca" and hope for a response.

When a response is received it is invariably the exact same form response: "Update BMW Assist in iDrive, reinstall the app". Of course this never works.

More than a month ago, I encountered a new issue. I could not use any of my remote services and kept getting a message saying "Service can not be performed. No services can be performed at the current time because another service is in progress. Please try again later." The screenshot I sent to the support team is attached. This problem continued for a couple of days and then seemed to rectify itself.

Today, almost 5 weeks after I sent a service request to the support team I received the following reply:

"Good afternoon,

We apologize for the extensive delay in response.
We see that remote services activity is now successful for your vehicle.
Please let us know if you have any other issues.
Thank you and Best regards,
BMW ConnectedDrive Canada"

Perhaps I should be happy I didn't get the usual form response!

All kidding aside, I find this to be extremely annoying and frustrating and it sours my otherwise favourable impressions of the car (my 7th Bimmer but first with the app).

Apart from feeling a need to vent (rant) about my experience, I am curious about the support in other countries. Is it just BMW Canada that is unable to provide proper support for the app?

Thanks for letting me vent!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0