BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Audiotech Match UP 7DSP gain ?

09-13-2022, 09:40 AM   #1
widescreen111
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 520D Xdrive

Audiotech Match UP 7DSP gain ?

Hello and thanks for giving me access to this great forum !

I have Match UP 7DSP installed in my G31-2020 and it is correctly adjusted to my personal profile and taste of music by professional car-hifi company here in Sweden.

What I would like to have fixed or changed, is to have more gain/amplifying of the input signal with given amount of volume knob turns, the installation techs told me it would not be possible without at the same time amplifying also the system sounds, ie. safety belt gong, turning signal, parking sensor beeps, which I would like to keep as near the original levels as possible ?

I have tried to increase input gain (see attached pics) from 11 V to 5,5 V, this is giving exactly the volume boost on lower level of volume (I am keen to keep the volume on max. 15 % of the maximum) what I am after and it is really satisfying, but all the system iniated sounds (except the BMW voice control, for some reason...) are now in terrible high volume and cannot be adjusted more lower within Idrive 7 !

Is there really nothing one can do to increase input signal sensitivity or gain without at the same time touch the system volume level ?

Best regards

Leo
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-17-2022, 10:22 AM   #2
widescreen111
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 520D Xdrive

Anyone any idea or comment ?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2022, 07:00 AM   #3
SenmaS
Rep
Drives: BMW

It sounds like you turned the gain up way to high. With iDrive 7 you can only turn it up moderately higher than it was from the factory. PDC, Gongs and what not you can turn down in the iDrive menu:

You can reduce the PDC and gong volume in the iDrive system under Car-> Settings-> General settings-> Sound-> Volume settings-> PDC/Gong.

You can't turn down the volume of the blinkers though so if you turn the gain up too high - the blinkers will get painfully loud. There is no need to turn up the input sensitivity so high you end up listening at 15% volume on the scale. You're increasing your noisefloor by doing this. Aim for 50-60% minimum.
Appreciate 0