BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

02-04-2020, 08:21 AM   #5259
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
I am SO not ready to rejoin the cluster-fuck that is online dating. Hell, the newly minted ex isn't even moved out yet. We're roommates for another month, although it's going better than I had feared. We get along just fine as long as I'm not under pressure to assuage her insecurities.

I think I'll get back to work on my cabin and cars. A couple of carpentry projects at the cabin, in the pole barn. Both cars are going up for sale this Spring. Know what that means? Yup - NEW TOY!!!
Which cars are you selling - the GT?

And...what is the new toy? You can't leave us in suspense, we want to know what you are eyeing.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 08:28 AM   #5260
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Which cars are you selling - the GT?

And...what is the new toy? You can't leave us in suspense, we want to know what you are eyeing.
I'm unloading both the GT and the GT40. I'm still all over the place with what I might buy. The new Aston-Martin Superleggera is my current crush, but I could never talk myself into spending that much. I have trouble justifying something really expensive that sits for half the year, which is what sports cars do here in the Upper Midwest.
MKSixer34184.50
      02-04-2020, 08:42 AM   #5261
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Yup, same exact shit in every profile. My favorites are the ones who are like "let's see if you can keep up with me"

Umm, you sit on your ass all day liking Instagram posts. It won't be hard to keep up.
My favorite is when they make comments such as, "You couldn't handle this." Instantly I think to myself, "Riiiiiight, because you are going to lay there, moan and make a mess of my sheets so much better than everyone before you." It's usually at this time that I want to let them know that I'm considering covering the ceiling, in my bedroom, with plastic; to keep the drywall from getting wet.

"Go on.....tell me again how I can't handle you Karen."
Appreciate 4
      02-04-2020, 08:45 AM   #5262
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
My favorite is when they make comments such as, "You couldn't handle this." Instantly I think to myself, "Riiiiiight, because you are going to lay there, moan and make a mess of my sheets so much better than everyone before you." It's usually at this time that I want to let them know that I'm considering covering the ceiling, in my bedroom, with plastic; to keep the drywall from getting wet.

I think including a photo on your profile showing the entire bedroom draped in poly would send a clear message. Would be a great conversation-starter.
      02-04-2020, 09:03 AM   #5263
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I think including a photo on your profile showing the entire bedroom draped in poly would send a clear message. Would be a great conversation-starter.
A splash of red here and there wouldn't hurt either.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      02-04-2020, 09:05 AM   #5264
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I'm unloading both the GT and the GT40. I'm still all over the place with what I might buy. The new Aston-Martin Superleggera is my current crush, but I could never talk myself into spending that much. I have trouble justifying something really expensive that sits for half the year, which is what sports cars do here in the Upper Midwest.
Very nice. Truthfully, I really like the mid engine vette from what I've seen in pictures, but need to see it on the road. Be a while though before I could ever justify that, have two young kids so I need something with a good backseat.

Once they are 18, all good.
Appreciate 2
      02-04-2020, 09:12 AM   #5265
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post

I just don't understand what they think they are accomplishing by saying that, besides causing anyone who reads their profile to think they are an arrogant POS.

Usually a few lines down there will also be something resembling the statement "confidence is sexy but arrogance is a huge turn off"

The good thing is it signals to me who I should instantly avoid, which is nice.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 3
      02-04-2020, 09:16 AM   #5266
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Very nice. Truthfully, I really like the mid engine vette from what I've seen in pictures, but need to see it on the road. Be a while though before I could ever justify that, have two young kids so I need something with a good backseat.

Once they are 18, all good.
Yeah, the 'Vette is a candidate. Has to be something livable on a 4-5 day road trip. That's mainly what I have in mind - summer road trips.
      02-04-2020, 09:17 AM   #5267
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 09:19 AM   #5268
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, the 'Vette is a candidate. Has to be something livable on a 4-5 day road trip. That's mainly what I have in mind - summer road trips.
Well, if you have a Ford GT, that should fetch a good sum, depending on condition and that, they appear to be going for anywhere between $350 - $450K up here. That is in our play money of course. Happy hunting and post up whatever you wind up getting so I can live vicariously through you for a day!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 09:23 AM   #5269
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Well, if you have a Ford GT, that should fetch a good sum, depending on condition and that, they appear to be going for anywhere between $350 - $450K up here. That is in our play money of course. Happy hunting and post up whatever you wind up getting so I can live vicariously through you for a day!
It's a good market for both of them, thanks in part to the Ford vs. Ferrari movie. Word on the Ford forums is that Superformance is 18-24 months behind on GT40 orders. I want to sell at the top of the market.
      02-04-2020, 09:25 AM   #5270
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
If you are looking at Chevy, check out the Camaro ZL1-1LE. Seems a bit less "old man" than the Vette.

Appreciate 1
      02-04-2020, 09:27 AM   #5271
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Seems a bit less "old man" than the Vette.
To whom? I don't give a rat's hindquarters what anyone else thinks of a car. That and the 'Vette both have a non-trivial "douche quotient" but I don't really care.
      02-04-2020, 09:34 AM   #5272
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
To whom? I don't give a rat's hindquarters what anyone else thinks of a car. That and the 'Vette both have a non-trivial "douche quotient" but I don't really care.
It's a joke. It seems many Vette owners around here are guys 70+ who rarely exceed 50 mph.

Agreed that both have the "douche quotient" though. Drive what makes you smile, and fuck everyone else.

Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
      02-04-2020, 09:56 AM   #5273
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
Quote:
I am SO not ready to rejoin the cluster-fuck that is online dating. Hell, the newly minted ex isn't even moved out yet. We're roommates for another month, although it's going better than I had feared. We get along just fine as long as I'm not under pressure to assuage her insecurities.

I think I'll get back to work on my cabin and cars. A couple of carpentry projects at the cabin, in the pole barn. Both cars are going up for sale this Spring. Know what that means? Yup - NEW TOY!!!
I couldn't do that shit, but like was said above, bring bitches over to bang with her home. Only way to cope.

I had an ex, we lived together for years, and pulled a surprise break-up on Halloween 2013. She then wanted to stay in my house for 2 more weeks while she figured out where to go. Nah, told her get out.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 09:57 AM   #5274
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambohamilton View Post
Yeah, money is nothing until you don't have any...

Even when I've been penniless (slept on a shelf, in a shed for a year, then on the floor of a canal boat for 1.5 years), there have been far more important things than money. I would spend the majority of my days trying to get money though. I was (am) super fortunate to have very supportive friends and family though, so I always knew I had a safety net.
Imagine how people with no net feel.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 09:58 AM   #5275
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Not sure of your situation, but when it comes to both sympathy and empathy you're barking up the wrong tree.
A) Not what I was doing
B) Nice to see you're a shitty person just b/c
C) You missed the point of my post
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 09:59 AM   #5276
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It's a joke. It seems many Vette owners around here are guys 70+ who rarely exceed 50 mph.

Agreed that both have the "douche quotient" though. Drive what makes you smile, and fuck everyone else.
Color me surprised when I had someone in a C7 decide to play with the Hellcat last week. Base C7 with not enough mods so he got waxed, but still fun & good to see. Even funnier b/c I'm on my snow tires.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 10:02 AM   #5277
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I just don't understand what they think they are accomplishing by saying that, besides causing anyone who reads their profile to think they are an arrogant POS.

Usually a few lines down there will also be something resembling the statement "confidence is sexy but arrogance is a huge turn off"

The good thing is it signals to me who I should instantly avoid, which is nice.
For men, it's a numbers game so I rarely read profiles at this point. I just send out the same fun message & see who bites.

here's one I like to use "Hiiii, tell me about your exciting plans for the week outside of meeting me!"

I love when I get women getting upset calling me cocky or something. Nah slut, I just have a sense of humor you tightly wound dry pussy having twat!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 10:06 AM   #5278
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I think the OP was quoted out of context. He means there are more important things to worry about than the money side of things relationship-wise. As in the other person being a narcissist for example. I'd rather be with someone poor that has a heart and personality of gold than someone who makes the same amount of money as me but treats me like dirt. I think this is where the OP was going.
Of course no one wants to be treated like dirt, but who really wants to pay some lazy ass's way through life?

My current FWB is a bum, but she's a nice person. I will never make her my gf. You can't get another real job b/c migraines?! Fuck off. Stop stealing my tax dollars.

Meanwhile, when I was out of work, I applied for everything to see what I could get & I was denied EVERYTHING b/c I was, apparently, a baller on UE
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 10:18 AM   #5279
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
A) Not what I was doing
B) Nice to see you're a shitty person just b/c
C) You missed the point of my post
A) ok
B) In regards to the topic I'm fine with you thinking that.
C) What was your point? That people should prioritize money in a relationship if they are broke? lol
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 10:34 AM   #5280
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
A) ok
B) In regards to the topic I'm fine with you thinking that.
C) What was your point? That people should prioritize money in a relationship if they are broke? lol
You're not paying attention or just being a dick to be one so have a good one
Appreciate 0