BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Finally got my hands on my G30

03-28-2017, 12:38 PM   #1
bimmerlife208
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530i X-Drive

Finally got my hands on my G30

I have to say the pictures and videos don't do justice. It looks even better in person! My car came with the Pirelli Cinturato P7 tires. Which have a mediocre rating on Tire Rack so I'll ditch those once they wear off and switch to the Michelin Primacy 3. I forgot who had posted on the Harman Kardon speakers but he was right. The sound and bass are great at low to medium volumes. On high volumes it breaks. Compared to the Mark Levinson's in my Acura, the Mark Levinsons are better! I would rate the HK at 8/10. The ML I would rate 9.5/10. I like bassy music so the Europeans here might have different taste. Not a deal breaker though. Bass is adequate. Or Maybe I am spoiled because I have experimented with all brands including Sennhesier, byerdynamic and Sony

I will not even bother changing the equalizer setting. It's too much work. That's why I stick with Apple and not android. I like simple and efficient. Speaking of Apple car play, it's cool. They need to integrate more apps! Very limited. Kind of like my Apple Watch. Oh and the gestures (although a gimmick) got the most compliments from friends and family. It's pretty cool when you are parked at a red light and you move your hand in a circle (volume decreases) and the person next to you stares lol!

My car came with the sports seats. These are so comfortable!!! Good job BMW The spare tire in the back leaves no space. I guess that is the trade off. I am averaging only 17 miles per gallon. I would guess it's because of the run flats and spare tire in the back. I ride mostly in comfort mode. I was driving down the road and some guy raised his hands in excitement and started walking towards me. I was at a stop sign so I drove off when I could. I don't feel comfortable with some random stranger coming up to talk to me That's all I remember right now. If I remember more I'll post.
Attached Images

Last edited by bimmerlife208; 03-29-2017 at 05:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2017, 03:09 PM   #2
babaikram
M6GCComp, Porsche Cayman S PDK, Peug 208 GT1 BPS
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Congrats on your beautiful car. What colour is that?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2017, 07:46 PM   #3
bimmerlife208
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaikram View Post
Congrats on your beautiful car. What colour is that?
Thanks! It's Jet Black and Canberra Beige for the interior.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2017, 08:38 PM   #4
BimmerGuyFL78
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW G30 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerlife208 View Post
I have to say the pictures and videos don't do justice. It looks even better in person! My car came with the Pirelli Cinturato P7 tires. Which have a mediocre rating on Tire Rack so I'll ditch those once they wear off and switch to the Michelin Primacy 3. I forgot who had posted on the Harman Kardon speakers but he was right. The sound and bass are great at low to medium volumes. On high volumes it breaks. Compared to the Mark Levinson's in my Acura, the Mark Levinsons are better! I would rate the HK at 8/10. The ML I would rate 9.5/10. I like bassy music so the Europeans here might have different taste. Not a deal breaker though. Bass is adequate. Or Maybe I am spoiled because I have experimented with all brands including Sennhesier, byerdynamic and Sony

I will not even bother changing the equalizer setting. It's too much work. That's why I stick with Apple and not android. I like simple and efficient. Speaking of Apple car play, it's cool. They need to integrate more apps! Very limited. Kind of like my Apple Watch. Oh and the gestures (although a gimmick) got the most compliments from friends and family. It's pretty cool when you are parked at a red light and you move your hand in a circle (volume decreases) and the person next to you stares lol!

My car came with the sports seats. These are so comfortable!!! Good job BMW The spare tire in the back leaves no space. I guess that is the trade off. I am averaging only 17 miles per gallon. I would guess it's because of the run flats and spare tire in the back. I ride mostly in comfort mode. I was driving down the rode and some guy raised his hands in excitement and started walking towards me. I was at a stop sign so I drove off when I could. I don't feel comfortable with some random stranger coming up to talk to me That's all I remember right now. If I remember more I'll post.
What packages and options did you get?
      03-28-2017, 08:47 PM   #5
midwest 340xi 6sp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340xi

Nice car - congrats!

Surprised you cant get non-rft's with a spare tire.
      03-29-2017, 12:24 AM   #6
Shakespere
Private First Class
Finland
Rep
Drives: Bmw G30 530D xdrive

Lovely car. Wish you loads of fun.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2017, 12:49 AM   #7
Nivarox
Quadrex
Rep
Drives: W212 Mercedes=Benz E Class

Congrats, I wish you will keep your enthusiasm as long as you own this lovely car .You can also zoom in/out using your gesture feature to view environment when you park of park after .What a cool feature
      03-29-2017, 01:17 AM   #8
jedpause
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport '21

Quote:
My car came with the Pirelli Cinturato P7 tires. Which have a mediocre rating on Tire Rack so I'll ditch those once they wear off and switch to the Michelin Primacy 3.
Mine also have the Pirelli P7's... I think they are excellent, they stick like glue, and are even quieter than my Michelin's and Dunlops previously.... I can really throw them into the corners faithfully

Wait for them to wear in for 300 miles, and you will be surprised I think
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2017, 05:47 AM   #9
bimmerlife208
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine535Msport View Post
What packages and options did you get?

So that's what I got plus spare tire which is not listed on screenshot. I also wanted comfort access but it my CA missed it and it was too late. I was 50/50 on adding Ivory White Nappa Leather w/contrast stitching/piping but I decided to leave that for next time I make a purchase. Honestly the seats are super comfortable and not one person could tell it's sensatec.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2017, 05:50 AM   #10
bimmerlife208
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedpause View Post
Mine also have the Pirelli P7's... I think they are excellent, they stick like glue, and are even quieter than my Michelin's and Dunlops previously.... I can really throw them into the corners faithfully

Wait for them to wear in for 300 miles, and you will be surprised I think
I hope so. Everyone posting about the run flats got me thinking.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2017, 07:00 AM   #11
midwest 340xi 6sp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340xi

Quote:
I hope so. Everyone posting about the run flats got me thinking.
The ratings are awful, and not just tire-rack.

You'll get a chance to make your own determination now, unless you sell em off first. Thats what I did early on in owning them.

Get some non-rft's on that thing, hell you got a spare tire now!
      03-29-2017, 09:48 AM   #12
bimmerlife208
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest 535i View Post
The ratings are awful, and not just tire-rack.

You'll get a chance to make your own determination now, unless you sell em off first. Thats what I did early on in owning them.

Get some non-rft's on that thing, hell you got a spare tire now!
I read the tread is so bad that it wears off after 30,000 I'll have to drive on the highway to see if I can stick with them.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2017, 10:19 AM   #13
DocWeatherington
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 CP

Garage List
23 Bmw M3  [10.00]
Quote:

My car came with the sports seats. These are so comfortable!!! Good job BMW The spare tire in the back leaves no space. I guess that is the trade off. I am averaging only 17 miles per gallon. I would guess it's because of the run flats and spare tire in the back. I ride mostly in comfort mode. I was driving down the road and some guy raised his hands in excitement and started walking towards me. I was at a stop sign so I drove off when I could. I don't feel comfortable with some random stranger coming up to talk to me That's all I remember right now. If I remember more I'll post.
Welcome to the family.

I would recommend you EQ the system, it has bass/treble adjusts then the EQ 7-10 (Bar) options plus surround sound modes, you will find that the system maybe way better than you think as you haven't eq'd it. Also the EQ would apply to anything audio played. I was shocked at how well the HK sounded out of the box.

The MPG will improve with more miles .

Not the same car but the Idrive setup should be the same

let us know if it makes it a 9.6/10

Last edited by DocWeatherington; 03-29-2017 at 10:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2017, 01:49 PM   #14
babaikram
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivarox View Post
Congrats, I wish you will keep your enthusiasm as long as you own this lovely car .You can also zoom in/out using your gesture feature to view environment when you park of park after .What a cool feature
Could you explain further?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2017, 08:12 PM   #15
bimmerlife208
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWeatherington View Post
Welcome to the family.

I would recommend you EQ the system, it has bass/treble adjusts then the EQ 7-10 (Bar) options plus surround sound modes, you will find that the system maybe way better than you think as you haven't eq'd it. Also the EQ would apply to anything audio played. I was shocked at how well the HK sounded out of the box.

The MPG will improve with more miles .

Not the same car but the Idrive setup should be the same

let us know if it makes it a 9.6/10
Thanks for all the info. I will look into it.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2017, 12:39 AM   #16
Nivarox
Quadrex
Rep
Drives: W212 Mercedes=Benz E Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaikram View Post
Could you explain further?
I will try to find out for you , just stay tuned

Here it's

If you don't wanna watch the whole content just jump to 5:53 where he parks the car . A few pinches do the trick ,I know a few pinch salt can do some marvel in cooking but it does some cool stuff in maneuvering too

Last edited by Nivarox; 03-30-2017 at 12:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2017, 05:17 AM   #17
.BMW.
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW F11/F31

Beautiful G30!

Congrats.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2017, 04:00 PM   #18
babaikram
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivarox View Post
I will try to find out for you , just stay tuned

Here it's

If you don't wanna watch the whole content just jump to 5:53 where he parks the car . A few pinches do the trick ,I know a few pinch salt can do some marvel in cooking but it does some cool stuff in maneuvering too
Thanks you
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2017, 09:09 PM   #19
bimmerlife208
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by .BMW. View Post
Beautiful G30!

Congrats.