BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Photos - Video - Build Threads I just found your next car M550i - Review.

02-12-2022, 09:01 AM   #23
HerkHealer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: G30/M550

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomaM550i View Post
I'm Ron Burgundy?

Definitely don't give in that I have a red car - maroon, burgundy, Pinot Noir, Caymus, brandywine...take your pick..
LOL no..........think James Bond.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2022, 09:28 AM   #24
Stormbitch
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomaM550i View Post
If you're shopping 2022's, actually the performance isn't comparable. The '22 M550i blows the Audi S6 and MB e53 AMG out of the water in the same class of price range.

I'm a gigolo, Storm. My last post I accidentally deleted, I got the "red" although I refuse to classify it as "red".

Wow you must have some "clients" then.

What an amazing colour... actually gives me a vibe looking at that. I had a Rolls Royce model corniche as a child exact same colour... I used to dribble on it.

I would be very concerned parking that.
Appreciate 1
      03-03-2022, 09:14 PM   #25
Kriz2fer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw m550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormbitch View Post
Sure I get you - I mean even on two way roads, and I mean on heavy braking.

What I found is, (and have a clip off it!) when you accelerate in it the perception of how fast you are going in relation to how heavy the car is - is slightly misleading. This resulted in my having to do screech on the road in a straight line, after misjudging speed approaching a bend.

Another car was coming round the bend and I was not aware how much speed and weight was being stopped until I tried to stop. Impressive to avoid accidents for sure, but the M5 slightly makes you more aware of what is going on and seems to be much more confident under braking.

Again this is not really for hoon-ing around in anyway. In that particular case I was trying to get the audio of approach / pass and distant and so in real world scenarios would drive at probably 90% slower than that.

Because the torque in the M550i isn't that strong again your revs are high and thus you have stealthy carried speed. The M5 shoves you in the direction and you are earlier to back off the throttle.
M550 has the same torque as m5
Appreciate 0