BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Cosmetic Modifications G30 lci front retrofit

10-23-2023, 09:53 AM   #1
Zac110
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

G30 lci front retrofit

Hi

I currently have a G30 2017 m sport and wanted to ask if anyone here has done a front end LCI conversion with the headlights and front bumper?

I intend to buy the new LCI headlights (Chinese variant as the originals are extortionately priced) which I have been told can fit the 2017 G30 but the front bumper will need changing.

I know that a aftermarket M5 front bumper can be purchased which will work with the new headlights but I do not want an M5 look.

Does anyone know if the new LCI m sport front bumper 2020 onwards can be retrofitted onto the 2017 model and if there is any modification that may be required.

Thanks

Zac
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2024, 05:21 AM   #2
sqwerize
Rep
Drives: G30

I am after modding headlights with laser LCI and bumper m. I do not recommend Chinese LCI style lights. On a good day you do not have anti-dazzle .... Chinese lamps have ordinary projectors without selective beam. The problem I encountered with the OE lamps, which is the lack of turn signals and the lack of selective beam matrix support, I was able to solve by creating my own adapter (a few weeks of reverse engineering the communication system).... I have a full retrofit to LCI including ID7. My G30 was manufactured 2017-11.
https://youtube.com/shorts/YVZCHPb5v...xDbQabA2BjntO3
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2024, 01:05 PM   #3
The Zimmer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G31 Touring

Hi Zac,

I looked in to this and know some one who has done it my question is why would you want to ?

Thanks
Paul
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2024, 11:04 AM   #4
Zac110
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zimmer View Post
Hi Zac,

I looked in to this and know some one who has done it my question is why would you want to ?

Thanks
Paul
Yeah I agree but I like the front LCI bumper so thought might as well convert the entire front end. Currently on hold as it is too expensive so I might get an LCI version when finances allow it.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2024, 11:20 AM   #5
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

I think that would be a wiser decision. And if you go for that, assuming you get. 2021 or later, you’ll get the various enhancements that came with the LCI

You’ll never get the money back on the mods and arguably could make the car worth less or more difficult to sell sunsequently
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 03:01 PM   #6
GhostShadow06
Rep
Drives: BMW 520i, 2020 (g30)

issues after install on an f90 front bumper on a 2020 g30 prelci

Hi guys!
so this is my first post! today I and my brother was done putting on the bumper we made transfer all of the components from the m sport original bumper. now after we plugged in everything all of the parking sensors works at expected. But i get this Pedestrian Alert system error on my Idrive. and also its greyed out. Any idea? this is my first major modification and i am already scared. is there a way to code it out? or will it go to normal by itself?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 08:29 PM   #7
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostShadow06 View Post
Hi guys!
so this is my first post! today I and my brother was done putting on the bumper we made transfer all of the components from the m sport original bumper. now after we plugged in everything all of the parking sensors works at expected. But i get this Pedestrian Alert system error on my Idrive. and also its greyed out. Any idea? this is my first major modification and i am already scared. is there a way to code it out? or will it go to normal by itself?
DUDE!!!!!!! You don't need to post this in every thread!
Appreciate 0