BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Americans Value Patriotism, God & Children Less Than Ever

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-29-2019, 11:23 AM   #67
Dagamus_NM
Lieutenant
455
Rep
479
Posts

Drives: '17 x1, '10 m3, '91 332iC
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Albuquerque NM

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
For both of the above posters:

1) If Trump did say that, then that is a moronic statement for sure.

2) I am not against immigration, far from it, as a matter of fact - my wife is an immigrant, for which we are in process of obtaining citizenship - which is a pain in the fucking ass.

3) Illegal and unchecked immigration is a problem though, and needs to be corrected. Just allowing anyone into the country doesn't resolve the problems mentioned above, it exacerbates it - since they won't be contributors, they will be detractors. We need to make it much, much, much easier for those who will contribute to our society to immigrate and become citizens. This isn't just for professionals either. If we are short on unskilled farm labor, then we should allow 'x' amount of farm labors in and make it simple to become citizens. My wife has multiple graduate degrees and multiple professional accreditation, and it has still taken over 10 years to get her citizenship. That is insane.

But just allowing random homeless folks from countries south of our border in, unchecked, isn't the answer.
1. Sadly he did.
2. Cool
3. I am in complete agreement. The immigration system is very cumbersome. Seems like there are a lot of profiteers that like keeping it how it is, good for their bottom line. They will claim otherwise and demonize the immigrants which allows for worse working conditions and lower pay. Complain and get ICE called on you like at the chicken processing plant in Mississippi.

If I am staying at a hotel that work pays for (not as nice as I would stay in for a personal trip) I would rather have immigrants doing the housekeeping than some meth head. Less likely to steal my stuff and does a better job of cleaning. Just my experience.
Appreciate 3
Run Silent12786.50
MKSixer18332.50

      08-29-2019, 12:30 PM   #68
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
4792
Rep
4,102
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
Is Shia still crying about trump?
Who gives a fuck either way?
Appreciate 1
MKSixer18332.50

      08-29-2019, 02:16 PM   #69
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
2354
Rep
1,810
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
I'm religious? That news to me, what religion do I participate in? When was the last time I attended a religious function? If you know all this tell my wife she will be quite happy to hear that I'm willing to attend religious activites.
thought i saw you mention it earlier. guess not.

either way, point still stands. Your life may be defined by having kids, but not everyone's has to be.

but saying people that didnt have kids failed, well that would be like saying people who didnt vote for _____ failed, or didnt get _____ degree, etc. Its a retarded stance to take.
__________________
@drunkcowatches on ig

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 2
      08-29-2019, 08:06 PM   #70
NormanConquest
Brigadier General
2034
Rep
3,015
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
thought i saw you mention it earlier. guess not.

either way, point still stands. Your life may be defined by having kids, but not everyone's has to be.

but saying people that didnt have kids failed, well that would be like saying people who didnt vote for _____ failed, or didnt get _____ degree, etc. Its a retarded stance to take.
As a living organism you have two responsibility. Can't dispute Science.
The other examples are not biological requirements.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 09:03 AM   #71
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
2354
Rep
1,810
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
As a living organism you have two responsibility. Can't dispute Science.
The other examples are not biological requirements.
sure thing....

but its still a retarded stance to take.

If that is your stance, how many kids do you have? how many times have you used protection to not have kids? How many times have you wacked it and wasted that precious organism responsibility juice? If you dont answer "as many as physically possible, 0 and 0" then you are a failure as well.
__________________
@drunkcowatches on ig

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 09:22 AM   #72
NormanConquest
Brigadier General
2034
Rep
3,015
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
sure thing....

but its still a retarded stance to take.

If that is your stance, how many kids do you have? how many times have you used protection to not have kids? How many times have you wacked it and wasted that precious organism responsibility juice? If you dont answer "as many as physically possible, 0 and 0" then you are a failure as well.
I think i struck a nerve since your resorting to insults. You logic does not span biologically your goal is to live as long as possible and past you genes to the next generation all the other aspect you mention is just living life.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 10:02 AM   #73
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
2354
Rep
1,810
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
I think i struck a nerve since your resorting to insults. You logic does not span biologically your goal is to live as long as possible and past you genes to the next generation all the other aspect you mention is just living life.
no nerve struck and ive been saying its a retarded stance to take since you posted it.

but you didnt answer my questions.
__________________
@drunkcowatches on ig

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 1
      08-30-2019, 10:51 AM   #74
NormanConquest
Brigadier General
2034
Rep
3,015
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
no nerve struck and ive been saying its a retarded stance to take since you posted it.

but you didnt answer my questions.
Since your so facinated about my bilogical waste bags I'll make sure to mail you one next time I'm involve in that type of activity: )
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 11:12 AM   #75
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
4792
Rep
4,102
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
As a living organism you have two responsibility. Can't dispute Science.
The other examples are not biological requirements.
It's not a requirement for an individual organism, it's a requirement for the species. Even then, a "requirement" only with respect to perpetuating the species as a whole.

The human race is in no danger of extinction due to lack of reproduction.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 11:49 AM   #76
NormanConquest
Brigadier General
2034
Rep
3,015
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
It's not a requirement for an individual organism, it's a requirement for the species. Even then, a "requirement" only with respect to perpetuating the species as a whole.

The human race is in no danger of extinction due to lack of reproduction.
Valid point, so let the weak failed branches die off while the strong marches on.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 12:01 PM   #77
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
4792
Rep
4,102
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
Valid point, so let the weak failed branches die off while the strong marches on.
Wait, I thought you were all about the science?

Choosing not to procreate is not equivalent to having "weak" or "failed" genetic material. Nor does procreating indicate "strong" genetic material.

You keep trying to assign moral value, but propping it up with the shield of "science". Trying and failing, I might add.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 12:17 PM   #78
NormanConquest
Brigadier General
2034
Rep
3,015
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
Wait, I thought you were all about the science?

Choosing not to procreate is not equivalent to having "weak" or "failed" genetic material. Nor does procreating indicate "strong" genetic material.

You keep trying to assign moral value, but propping it up with the shield of "science". Trying and failing, I might add.
So what is a genetic line that no longer exist?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 12:20 PM   #79
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
4792
Rep
4,102
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
So what is a genetic line that no longer exist?
Ended.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 06:23 PM   #80
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
2354
Rep
1,810
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
Valid point, so let the weak failed branches die off while the strong marches on.
cause the crackheads having babies are strong branches...
__________________
@drunkcowatches on ig

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 1
      08-30-2019, 06:43 PM   #81
NormanConquest
Brigadier General
2034
Rep
3,015
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
cause the crackheads having babies are strong branches...
Call it redemption arch.

As a side note if the majority took this approach of being childless they are going to be in quite a difficult position when SS becomes insolvent and they have no one willing to take care of them.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 06:46 PM   #82
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
2354
Rep
1,810
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
Call it redemption arch.

As a side note if the majority took this approach of being childless they are going to be in quite a difficult position when SS becomes insolvent and they have no one willing to take care of them.
well hopefully they are planning for retirement instead of being a burden on their family.
__________________
@drunkcowatches on ig

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 1
      08-30-2019, 06:48 PM   #83
NormanConquest
Brigadier General
2034
Rep
3,015
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
well hopefully they are planning for retirement instead of being a burden on their family.
Vast majority aren't

https://medium.com/datadriveninvesto...t-ad242a21355b
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 06:54 PM   #84
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
2354
Rep
1,810
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
thats not exclusive to just those without kids...

and with the average cost of raising a kid to just 18 at ~250k, id suspect those without kids are setting themselves up well for retirement.
__________________
@drunkcowatches on ig

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 1
      08-30-2019, 06:58 PM   #85
NormanConquest
Brigadier General
2034
Rep
3,015
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
thats not exclusive to just those without kids...

and with the average cost of raising a kid to just 18 at ~250k, id suspect those without kids are setting themselves up well for retirement.
I'm quite confident they are in the same boat, if you have any data showing else wise I'll be more then happy to review it.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 07:04 PM   #86
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
2354
Rep
1,810
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
I'm quite confident they are in the same boat, if you have any data showing else wise I'll be more then happy to review it.
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/24/adul...ngs-study.html

this is just one example of kids over 18 eating into retirement savings.

and the estimate that it costs ~250k to raise a kid to 18 is reported by everyone.

Add to it, that over 50% of kids live or have lived in a house receiving government assistance, and its not hard to see that there is a case to be made that having kids can put you into a financial pickle.

but keep on doubling down on the retarded statements you made
__________________
@drunkcowatches on ig

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 07:07 PM   #87
NormanConquest
Brigadier General
2034
Rep
3,015
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/24/adul...ngs-study.html

this is just one example of kids over 18 eating into retirement savings.

and the estimate that it costs ~250k to raise a kid to 18 is reported by everyone.

Add to it, that over 50% of kids live or have lived in a house receiving government assistance, and its not hard to see that there is a case to be made that having kids can put you into a financial pickle.

but keep on doubling down on the retarded statements you made
Whatever the kids eat into is adjustrd by getting better care from the children then they would get at a retirement home or hospice. Not everything is money and your presuming people will save that 250k, most singles i know live check by check because of various reasons.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 10:39 AM   #88
Dagamus_NM
Lieutenant
455
Rep
479
Posts

Drives: '17 x1, '10 m3, '91 332iC
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Albuquerque NM

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
Valid point, so let the weak failed branches die off while the strong marches on.
Strength and reproductive fitness are not the same thing.

Modern medicine and other technical innovations have altered reproductive fitness.

The strong survive is relative to offspring surviving to reproductive age, not really a concern for our species in much of the world.

Really reproductive fitness is about adapting to the environment as it changes over time. Humans change the environment to fit our needs on a scale that is unprecedented in our planet's history and many other species have been unable to adapt fast enough to survive hence the mass extinction we are currently in.
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 AM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST