E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > My 335i Project

03-22-2015, 04:24 AM   #111
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alen E90 View Post
underwhelming?!?! IMO they came out PERFECT! However, if you really do want to change your wheels then may I suggest getting a set of GM BBS CH's again or maybe even GM CH-R's?
CH's yep did love my old set on the E92 not so sure they do the car justice from the one's ive seen on E92's, timeless epic looking wheel though, re the CHR's small game changer but again not quite sure it works with the E92 but I think the answer actually lies in the wheel colour option there's either black, black wit time attack rim or silver, like my old E46 in silver the wheel looked OK the colour I chose which was an individual choice (Grigio Nero and from memory Grigio Titanium)mixed so that on dark days they looked dark grey but on bight days the colour really popped really made the wheels stand out so maybe there's the answer on these wheels. Colour again.

Now LMR's now we are talking a classic design thst lends itself well to putting a classy edge on the E92, again I think the key re these wheels is darker colour inners work.
      03-22-2015, 04:41 AM   #112
essex_lad
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 Msport N53 Stage 2

I luv the front bumper mod.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2015, 05:09 AM   #113
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by essex_lad View Post
I luv the front bumper mod.
Ta it looks sweet difficult to see the difference between mine and a OEM Sport bumper unless you've got the 2 side by side and I kind of like that, the only thing I'd say is it doesn't look too aggressive 1M bumper has that look the new F series bumper seems to gave a bit of aggression on the front joules especially the M3/M4, but overall yep please re how it's all come out.
      03-23-2015, 03:12 AM   #114
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

I'm starting to like the idea of the 1M front bumper again lol

But I must resist as I've got other expensive payouts lol
      03-23-2015, 02:29 PM   #115
Greg330
Major
Rep
Drives: E91 335i

Looks great Steve, nice subtle mods add up and I love the look!

Re the side skirts they are a lot better than some I've seen!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 12:42 PM   #116
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Finished off the rear end with the 2 outer black decals(why decals when the black centre trim is a plastic clip on affair)still looks a bit sharper from the rear.

Next up will be a spoiler high kick style and a new set of wheels..... on the spoiler front I'll get a painted version of the high kick M3 performance spoiler fit it and go from there, long term I do fancy a blended option either using the high kick spoiler and having that grafted in to the boot lid, which will be different or like I opted to do last time buy another boot lid and see if a grafted CSL style spoiler can be moulded intothe factory boot lid, I've seen plenty of regular looking CSL styles out there which end up looking something like this

though if I can I'd like to go with this style, which is an Arkym style.

which I really like as it looks I think a tiny bit more aggressive, thing is is finding just the spoiler, I haven't seen one yet.

The one enemy of fitting any of these spoilers is this

the steps you'll get once on the bootlid as highlighted below..

they are quite pronounced as you can see from the picture above the key will be the sides as they'll require some half decent shaving to get the level factory look to the eye finish I want, which was pulled off on my last build but it did take some time to get it just right...

Still we'll see
      04-06-2015, 01:07 PM   #117
Ess
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335d

Back end looking great Steve, I agree that a little something on the boot lid will finish it off perfectly. Following this build with great interest!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 01:42 PM   #118
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ess View Post
Back end looking great Steve, I agree that a little something on the boot lid will finish it off perfectly. Following this build with great interest!
It'll be a slow one Seb done by stealth so that er indoors doesn't spot anything and despite new front / rear bumpers she hasn't noticed a thingwho says love's blind..

On the boot lid side of things providing the high kick spoiler looks OK(and I'm still a little nervous re buying it from Taiwan-though quite a few on here havesaid the stuffs bloody good)I'll await the package before passing sentence.

Wheels well there's another story.. colourwise they'll be grey for sure might have a spash of black in there too for that something different look. A few things running through my head at the moment mind re what sort to get.
      04-06-2015, 01:47 PM   #119
Ess
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by old grey steve View Post
It'll be a slow one Seb done by stealth so that er indoors doesn't spot anything and despite new front / rear bumpers she hasn't noticed a thingwho says love's blind..

On the boot lid side of things providing the high kick spoiler looks OK(and I'm still a little nervous re buying it from Taiwan-though quite a few on here havesaid the stuffs bloody good)I'll await the package before passing sentence.

Wheels well there's another story.. colourwise they'll be grey for sure might have a spash of black in there too for that something different look. A few things running through my head at the moment mind re what sort to get.
Hehe, that's brilliant Steve! Same here to be honest, if she hadn't seen my wheels arrive in four huge crates which were left in our porch, I don't think she would have noticed the change!

Very intrigued about the wheels... And looking forward to seeing you/your car at the meet soon, if you're still coming.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 02:20 PM   #120
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hehe, that's brilliant Steve! Same here to be honest, if she hadn't seen my wheels arrive in four huge crates which were left in our porch, I don't think she would have noticed the change!

Very intrigued about the wheels... And looking forward to seeing you/your car at the meet soon, if you're still coming.
Wheelwise nothing to special ots what you do with them that'll make the difference, hence the thoughts running through my head. I think on the wheel style I'm pritty settled its the colour thing that's going around in my head at the moment, but visually if it turns out how I'm imagining it will then should look quite good
      04-06-2015, 03:17 PM   #121
Calluhan
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 640D Gran Coupe

First time I've seen this thread Steve. Just had a read through - loving the bodywork mods and intrigued as to what look you're going for with the wheels
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 04:39 AM   #122
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep

Looking good Steve.

I'm not keen on the Arkym rear version as its a little too straight on the top edge for my liking. Doesn't quite go with the rest of the lines.
      04-07-2015, 02:42 PM   #123
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajB View Post
Looking good Steve.

I'm not keen on the Arkym rear version as its a little too straight on the top edge for my liking. Doesn't quite go with the rest of the lines.
I'd like to see one in the flash Raj TBH I like the "different look" its a tad more aggressive than the "normal CSL look" which I do like but as said its a wait'n'see exercise.

For now I've ordered my high kick spoiler once ita rrives I'll chek the colour match, if I don't like it it'll be re painted if its good it'll go on
      04-10-2015, 01:26 PM   #124
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

For now we have this

for £87 the quality is superb. Downside colours not quite the same as the car, which I thougt might be the case so it gets re painted..... mind you might not paint the whole spoiler Space Grey
      04-12-2015, 03:44 AM   #125
Greg330
Major
Rep
Drives: E91 335i

Looks bloody brilliant, I knew you would do it right. Attention to detail is to be applauded, proper photo shoot required!!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2015, 05:22 AM   #126
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg330 View Post
Looks bloody brilliant, I knew you would do it right. Attention to detail is to be applauded, proper photo shoot required!!
Ta.. Re the detail thing really sits uncomfortable with me if something doesn't look right as to me it's got to look like it came with the car from day one subtle yet different is the word....

Re the spoilers it's gone off to be painted a shade or two darker to match the car, shame really as the paint work on the spoiler was bloody good and as has been mentioned actually better than the boot lid it sits on as it had no orange peel whatsoever.

But once mounted(it'll be bonded no 3M'd I'll do something re some photo's) all being well might be able to at least have it on in time for the 19th IKEA meet.
      04-24-2015, 04:03 PM   #127
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Well we're on to shock/springs and all that next as you may have discoverd from the odd reply to Ess's(Seb's suspension thread).... my hand was slightly forced by a discovery and then as if by magic I had a interesting result ... stay tuned for this as I'll be doing something next month re the thorny subject of suspension...and it should make an interesting read(and no its not air suspension)

Re the boot spoiler its all painted just tieing up a time I can leave the car for sometime to allow the spoiler to be bonded and left to cure
      05-12-2015, 01:21 PM   #128
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Progres is slow very slow as I'm too busy really to really get stuck in. But the rear spoilers all painted just needs to be left withthe bodyshop ideally over night post bonding to allow it to fully harden. Its just the time but ti will happen soon

Anyway on to a bit of good housekeeping, when I purchased the car they'd had the off side front seat refurbished, but in no time it started to look a bit sorry for itself I've lived with it but as you can see not exactly good looking

you can of course clearly see whats gone on re where its been refurbished. So time to sort it out

Seat was thoroughly cleaned then sanded back

the sealed and a flexi covering with a grain was applied to allow the seat some give and purchase plus present the grained finish expected for Dakota leather all for the finished article to cling on to.

and once done

got a nice matt finish with texture as well to match the OEM finish downside if any due to refurbishment the stitching has been rubbed away. Could of done the refurbishment myself as I've got a bit of stuff from the Furneture Clinic but as this was a friend in the trade doing it for me decided to keep the bottle sealed.

Next is the spoiler then something that for some will seem fairly routine but will make a good read. Roll on June 11th/12th

Last edited by old grey steve; 05-13-2015 at 06:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 01:20 PM   #129
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Finally today managed to get my M3 arm's all fitted up. Once tracked and driven noticed first impression I picked up on was that the steering feels more urgent and over bumps seem more controlled if that's the right thing to say.

Camber using these arms though is I suspect going to be a possible issue, still feel that a tweak or two may be required. But overall first impression feels a bit different but as you know with a standard SPort spec set up thre is only so much you can do.

Be interested to hear others opinions re fitting these arms and what they've picked up on post fitting?
      05-18-2015, 03:17 PM   #130
Ess
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Very impressed by your leather repair Steve! I don't heave leather (yet) so I haven't had that problem

Interesting about the M3 arms, would you consider it a good value for money mod?

Also when are we going to see these wheels??!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2015, 12:49 AM   #131
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Very impressed by your leather repair Steve! I don't heave leather (yet) so I haven't had that problem

Interesting about the M3 arms, would you consider it a good value for money mod?

Also when are we going to see these wheels??!
Re M3 arms we'll lower tension struts both had play so they'd of need replacing soon anyway so together with the other required arm I'd say the fit in terms of money as I bought them beans new from another member was very good VFM Seb. Now regarding the drive as stated picked up on the tightness straightaway however until everything at the front end is all sorted difficult to say with tracking done at work it feels different down partly to the camber limitations. But that's for a future read.

Leather wise yep done a good job overall better way better than the seat was originally.

As for wheels well for the moment they've had to go on the back burner partly down to the wonders of domesticity and partly down to something going on Mod June
      05-19-2015, 04:59 AM   #132
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep

Nice one on the arms Steve. The camber is acceptable tbh and nothing to worry about. It helps with turn in and handling so all good. They're an excellent mod.