BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications Best tune for 2019 530e

11-05-2023, 04:00 PM   #1
NarcoCow
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 530e, 2000 Corvette

Best tune for 2019 530e

Hey y'all,

I own a 2000 C5 Corvette, so I'm new to the aftermarket world of BMWs. My dad owns a 2019 530e, and for his birthday, I was thinking of getting a tune as, with my light research, they can offer 30-40 hp!
The reason I'm hitting the forums is because I still don't know what brand to choose. I've seen some claiming 50+ (Even 90+ on 93!!) with just the tune that I'm just doubtful of. Even if those actually added 90+ I doubt they'd do it reliably, so I thought I'd reach out and figure out what I should go with. I'd prefer something that would maintain reliability and not be outrageously priced.

I appreciate any and all feedback!!

Also, how come there are 3 different BMW forums? I won't name drop them in case thats against the rules or something, but I'm used to just hitting up Corvetteforum and calling it a day.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2023, 08:47 AM   #2
RTPenland
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Many BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcoCow View Post
Hey y'all,

I own a 2000 C5 Corvette, so I'm new to the aftermarket world of BMWs. My dad owns a 2019 530e, and for his birthday, I was thinking of getting a tune as, with my light research, they can offer 30-40 hp!
The reason I'm hitting the forums is because I still don't know what brand to choose. I've seen some claiming 50+ (Even 90+ on 93!!) with just the tune that I'm just doubtful of. Even if those actually added 90+ I doubt they'd do it reliably, so I thought I'd reach out and figure out what I should go with. I'd prefer something that would maintain reliability and not be outrageously priced.

I appreciate any and all feedback!!

Also, how come there are 3 different BMW forums? I won't name drop them in case thats against the rules or something, but I'm used to just hitting up Corvetteforum and calling it a day.
I would suggest mission tuning right up the street from you in the woodlands. One stop shop for you in that with their MLink you can unlock your DME at home. And there "E" program is pretty advanced gave me great performance but with an oem like driving experience. They also offer a range extender software which I ran too, while it doesn't give an performance gains i was getting about 35% more distance on electric only

BM3 MHD are the other front runners but I think when it comes to the "E" cars mission has a very compelling offering
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2024, 10:46 AM   #3
ph1nh
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e iPerformance

How was your experience with the 530e Tune from Mission? I’m looking into it and the numbers sound very promising, especially the MP-93 optimization one. Have you had any problems regarding reliability? Are you running the tune on stock components or would you recommend getting stuff like an aluminum chargepipe, DP, or cold air intake?
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2024, 03:03 PM   #4
RTPenland
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Many BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph1nh View Post
How was your experience with the 530e Tune from Mission? I’m looking into it and the numbers sound very promising, especially the MP-93 optimization one. Have you had any problems regarding reliability? Are you running the tune on stock components or would you recommend getting stuff like an aluminum chargepipe, DP, or cold air intake?
Nothing but great things to say the fact they can provide not only gas engine performance but combine that with electric range extension is very cool and the handoff between gas and electric is even more refined. I ran on all stock components which is what mission caters too zero issues just smiles. They have quietly started to make their new app available which has both engine tuning and range extension all on one platform. Buddy just did a bundle deal with them where they provided the app and the mlink unlock tool at a very aggressive price - do it you won't regret
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2024, 11:45 AM   #5
Mihali
Rep
Drives: Bmw g30 530e

Hi,

I own a 530e 2018 and was thinking of a tune. You mentioned it can also extend the electric range. Will that do harm to the batteries and how much more range does it offer? Also, how much horsepower will it add in the specific one you mentioned?
Appreciate 0