BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Advice please

04-13-2018, 12:54 PM   #1
haleemb11
haleemb11
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 320D XDRIVE M SPORT

Advice please

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hi guys,
Ordered a G30 520d M Sport in October for delivery on 1/3/18. Collection day came and I headed down to dealer to collect. Car was supposed to be Alpine White with Cognac leather. The car arrived with black leather!!! Dealer didn't even bother to check before I made the 120 mile journey! Was offered cash to keep the black leather but I refused as I really want tan.
Dealer agreed to put new order in and agreed to £500 cash and a service plan whilst they build another. New car has arrived in UK today and pick up is next week. Spoke to dealer about the compensation we agreed on and they have no recollection, complete amnesia over the whole conversation I had with the manager! Not sure where I stand now as I did'nt get anything in writing.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2018, 12:59 PM   #2
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

You've got the car you wanted now so one option is to just leave it as it is and walk away.

Unless you were financially out of pocket I'd leave as is and just put down to being life.

Just my opinion
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2018, 01:02 PM   #3
ztx84
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Competition Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by haleemb11 View Post
Hi guys,
Ordered a G30 520d M Sport in October for delivery on 1/3/18. Collection day came and I headed down to dealer to collect. Car was supposed to be Alpine White with Cognac leather. The car arrived with black leather!!! Dealer didn't even bother to check before I made the 120 mile journey! Was offered cash to keep the black leather but I refused as I really want tan.
Dealer agreed to put new order in and agreed to £500 cash and a service plan whilst they build another. New car has arrived in UK today and pick up is next week. Spoke to dealer about the compensation we agreed on and they have no recollection, complete amnesia over the whole conversation I had with the manager! Not sure where I stand now as I did'nt get anything in writing.
Hi there - sorry to hear about this, must be a real nightmare... Do you have any email communications from the dealership about anything to do with the replacement order? If not I'd get in front of the manager and ask them straight out about it - if they lie to your face that is very poor indeed... I'm not sure if you'd get anywhere by threatening to reject the new car or not, it might make them sit up and take notice, but then again you might want to be careful there...
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2018, 01:10 PM   #4
haleemb11
haleemb11
United Kingdom
Rep

Thank you.. really considering cancelling the whole deal and asking for my deposit back.. 6 months to get a new car its not funny anymore. Awaiting call back from manager tomorrow.. maybe they will keep their word!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2018, 02:00 PM   #5
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Thank you.. really considering cancelling the whole deal and asking for my deposit back.. 6 months to get a new car its not funny anymore. Awaiting call back from manager tomorrow.. maybe they will keep their word!
I would back out. Do you have another dealership within reach you can work with? I wouldn't want to ever deal with this dealership again if they make these kind of mistakes and then lie to you about your deal.
Appreciate 1
TopgearLA119.50
      04-13-2018, 02:46 PM   #6
Chuckyarla
Captain
Ireland
Rep
Drives: G11 730d M-Sport 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
Quote:
I would back out. Do you have another dealership within reach you can work with? I wouldn't want to ever deal with this dealership again if they make these kind of mistakes and then lie to you about your deal.
I'd tell them to go f**k themselves. First they mess up your order and have you wasting your time driving down to them for a car you didn't order. Then they offer you some compensation and then deny they ever offered it. It's not acceptable. This isn't a pair of trousers, it's a major investment. They don't deserve your business.
Appreciate 1
TopgearLA119.50
      04-13-2018, 03:00 PM   #7
ZigmundUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: I20 IX M60 Oxide Grey

Garage List
Keep at them. You are certainly out of pocket for the additional travel and time it has taken for the order. Also let us know which dealership it is so if they don't honour their agreement we all know to give them a wide berth...
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2018, 04:27 PM   #8
doctornige
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 xDrive SE; Honda Fireblade

If anyone is ever in a situation like this, please, please contact report the conversation by email and ask for a response. This is basic project management.
Appreciate 1
TopgearLA119.50
      04-13-2018, 04:28 PM   #9
doctornige
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 xDrive SE; Honda Fireblade

Quote:
Hi guys,
Which county was the dealer located in?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2018, 01:57 PM   #10
MNC8395
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 318i SE LCI

Once you were offered the extra money in order to re order that offer became a term of your new agreement. Ok it was not in writing but common sense says no one woukd accept the delay and inconvenience without compensation. Threaten to reject the car and sue for breach of contract. Twice. Once for supply of wrong car. Second for breach on the offer for second car. If there’s finance involved it’s a breach with them not the dealer (who acts merely as agent). Get the finance guys involved.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2018, 06:30 PM   #11
morellomax
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440i xDrive convertible

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...01803104430500

White 520d MSport with cognac, 17 plate, £5k less than the best price I could get on a new one.

Lots of other nearly new 520d's out there. So you have choices
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2018, 03:33 AM   #12
TopgearLA
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Med Blue 530e M Sport

i'd be livid especially if you special ordered the car. I ordered it specific for this reason. Cognac is hard to come by and it is certainly better than the black. I have no idea why people love black leather so much, at that point I'd rather get sensatec. Also try contacting BMW Customer Relations... they may offer you more incentive towards a new order than the dealer... there is far more incentive for BMW than some shitty dealer... they dont care what you do... BMW however realizes that opinions carry weight and so does expereince. They may help you a lot... trust me.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2018, 11:32 AM   #13
haleemb11
haleemb11
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks for your all your input guys. I have sent email to team leader and dealer principal on friday, awaiting response.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 11:33 PM   #14
TopgearLA
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Med Blue 530e M Sport

Quote:
Thanks for your all your input guys. I have sent email to team leader and dealer principal on friday, awaiting response.
Seriously still contact your national BMW customer care. You might be surprised what they’d do on top of what the dealer can. BMW wants you for life and those you convince. They may do something more meaningful on top of whatever the dealer does. In the end it can’t hurt to ask.
Appreciate 0