BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion The Mueller Testimony - Thoughts and a survey

View Poll Results: What was the result of the testimony of Mr. Mueller?
Meh...nothing new. SSDD. 24 38.10%
Damning for the democrats. 21 33.33%
Damning for the republicans. 2 3.17%
Damning for Mr. Trump 7 11.11%
Dumpster Fire for the entire republic. 20 31.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

07-24-2019, 01:47 PM   #1
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
The Mueller Testimony - Thoughts and a survey

Many of us watched the testimony today and while we may disagree politically, I hope we can all agree that the ability to hold hearings in public view is a strength of our republic. That said, what are your feelings on the hearing, the testimony of Mr. Mueller, the questioning from both sides and the management of the hearing by Mr. Nadler?

Don't hold back!! (Like I need to ask that of THIS group!! )

Edit: In the spirit of many in government, you can vote for more than one answer!!

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 4
      07-24-2019, 01:51 PM   #2
City Pig
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK

I agree that it is a strength of Western Democracies to have somewhat open government.

I won't comment on the hearing yet as I haven't scene it. I'll play catch up and in the meantime enjoy the friendly debate on this thread.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer18389.00

07-24-2019, 01:54 PM   #3
2000cs
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Watched part of it, listened to part of it, and missed part of it (both hearings).

I didn’t learn anything new, just saw the back and forth posturing by the questioners/parties and Mueller in between like the net at a tennis match.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer18389.00

07-24-2019, 02:00 PM   #4
The Chaddening
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT

Nothing burger is back on the menu boys!

Psalm 23:1
Appreciate 1
MKSixer18389.00

07-24-2019, 02:14 PM   #5
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
I went with "Meh...nothing new. SSDD." because, let's all be honest, it is what we all knew going in anyway.
Haywood1977.00
NickyC5572.50
arkie6353.00

07-24-2019, 02:20 PM   #6
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
I went with "Meh...nothing new. SSDD." because, let's all be honest, it is what we all knew going in anyway.
I still think it was a net loss for the Democrats because this paragon of a man, Mr. Mueller, seemed like nothing more than a tired old man being made to entertain pedantic children rather than the avenging figure.

In my estimation, he is a figure of pity and the Democrats leave this one with a net loss. They would have done better to leave it alone. The infamy of their embarrassment will be repeated to and through the Sunday shows and into the next week. Terrible!!

How have you been, my friend?

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 1
Run Silent12787.50

07-24-2019, 02:26 PM   #7
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldPump View Post
Nothing burger is back on the menu boys!
Nothing burgers have strange ingredients.
Attached Images

07-24-2019, 02:30 PM   #8
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
I still think it was a net loss for the Democrats because this paragon of a man, Mr. Mueller, seemed like nothing more than a tired old man being made to entertain pedantic children rather than the avenging figure.
Whilst I agree with you with respect to those who follow Washington with gusto, for the average Joe Public, he will only see summaries, of which will be heavily summarized to fit a particular narrative. As such, I don't think it is impactful for ether side by any significant margin. This is just my humble opinion, though.

Quote:
In my estimation, he is a figure of pity and the Democrats leave this one with a net loss. They would have done better to leave it alone. The infamy of their embarrassment will be repeated to and through the Sunday shows and into the next week. Terrible!!
Once again, I agree completely, but once again, I refer to my comments in the other thread, in that those who tune in to the nightly news shows will see whatever bias/spin aligns with the news sources they prescribe to. As such, opinions will probably not be changed.

Quote:
How have you been, my friend?
All in all not too shabby. Heat finally broke, so my run today at lunch wasn't like running in a sauna. Otherwise, we lost a staff member, so my work has increased exponentially, hence my lack of commentary on here as of late.

Hope all is well with you and the parents down on the gulf, dear sir.
City Pig6130.00
2000cs1142.50

07-24-2019, 02:31 PM   #9
The Chaddening
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
Nothing burgers have strange ingredients.
Maybe dems need to *ketchup* with reality!!

Psalm 23:1
Appreciate 1
Zugzwang1194.00

07-24-2019, 02:33 PM   #10
Eriphill
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i

Now what are the next milestones? Declass? IG report? Durham?
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 02:37 PM   #11
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Whilst I agree with you with respect to those who follow Washington with gusto, for the average Joe Public, he will only see summaries, of which will be heavily summarized to fit a particular narrative. As such, I don't think it is impactful for ether side by any significant margin. This is just my humble opinion, though.

Once again, I agree completely, but once again, I refer to my comments in the other thread, in that those who tune in to the nightly news shows will see whatever bias/spin aligns with the news sources they prescribe to. As such, opinions will probably not be changed.

All in all not too shabby. Heat finally broke, so my run today at lunch wasn't like running in a sauna. Otherwise, we lost a staff member, so my work has increased exponentially, hence my lack of commentary on here as of late.

Hope all is well with you and the parents down on the gulf, dear sir.
Thanks...all is well!

Sorry about losing the staffer and I hope you can pop your head up a bit to enjoy the great weather you're experiencing! Our heat broke last night, as well and it looks like Sunny San Diego here. I'm loving it!

Cheers-mk

Appreciate 1
Run Silent12787.50

07-24-2019, 02:47 PM   #12
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Those that were on the fence just jumped off, imo.

Nice job, Schiff and Nadler. He didn't want to come in, so you subpoenaed. Now look at what they did to him. He was haggard and seriously out of tune.

Tools...and I'm no fan of Mueller.
      07-24-2019, 02:48 PM   #13
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

this whole thing was for the people who either didnt read or were too dumb to understand the mueller report, and dems said basically as much. They wanted this to be a way for them to get the american people to understand what is in the report.

Unfortunately, both sides only highlighted the parts that they wanted to, so the partisan hacks of the country will only listen to those parts. It would almost be better if everyone listened on the radio, as i had to, so that you didnt always know if a dem or rep was questioning.

Overall though, nothing new came of this and it was just a way for these politicians to score brownie points. I listened to both Fox News and CNNs recaps of the 1st round, and its almost comical how completely opposite they are in terms of who did better and how well the questioning went.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 3
MKSixer18389.00
scostu1173.50
cmyx6go3194.50

07-24-2019, 04:02 PM   #14
F32Fleet
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

It was unfortunate that Mueller wasn't able to comment on some questions because of existing DOJ investigations. IMO at times Mueller wasn't clear in conveying a easily digestible response to those questions.

I also thought it was telling how House members specified having a moral issue with regards to "hostile" foreign powers influencing our elections rather than ANY foreign powers in general.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 04:19 PM   #15
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
It was unfortunate that Mueller wasn't able to comment on some questions because of existing DOJ investigations. IMO at times Mueller wasn't clear in conveying a easily digestible response to those questions.

I also thought it was telling how House members specified having a moral issue with regards to "hostile" foreign powers influencing our elections rather than ANY foreign powers in general.
Well they have to make that designation so they dont get themselves in trouble.

If they said ANY foreign powers, that Steele dossier would be against their "morals"

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 04:23 PM   #16
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Right.
Brits, Talians and Stralians must be kept in sight.

6 months, max, the lid gets blown off.
      07-24-2019, 04:53 PM   #17
charlieb
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i Manual

Republicans purposely asking Mueller questions he was instructed to not answer by the DOJ, only to grill him for it. Looks desperate to me.

Meanwhile, Republican Ken Buck asked Mueller about charging Trump with obstruction of justice..
Citing the OLC opinion, Mueller stated "they do not make that calculation."

Buck then asked Mueller, "Could you charge the president with a crime after he left office?" To which Mueller replied, "Yes."

Only to have the democrats follow up with the same Obstruction of Justice questions with the same answer from Mueller.

Spin it, boys.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 04:57 PM   #18
CigarPundit
On the road to serfdom
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 DCT, 2019 Raptor

Garage List
2018 F80 M3 DCT  [0.00]
Quote:
Many of us watched the testimony today and while we may disagree politically, I hope we can all agree that the ability to hold hearings in public view is a strength of our republic. That said, what are your feelings on the hearing, the testimony of Mr. Mueller, the questioning from both sides and the management of the hearing by Mr. Nadler?

Don't hold back!! (Like I need to ask that of THIS group!! )

Edit: In the spirit of many in government, you can vote for more than one answer!!
I went with “Meh” but I agree with you that this was a net loss for the Dems. I didn’t pick that on because I thought “damning” was too strong. Only those who are news junkies or really engaged watched it. And it didn’t add much to the mix for everyone else, which is the vast majority. It didn’t produce any tidy and compelling sound bites, and overall was basically a nothing burger, as expected. Since most people moved on a long time ago, I think it was pretty much a nonevent.
MKSixer18389.00

07-24-2019, 05:02 PM   #19
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieb View Post
Republicans purposely asking Mueller questions he was instructed to not answer by the DOJ, only to grill him for it. Looks desperate to me.

Meanwhile, Republican Ken Buck asked Mueller about charging Trump with obstruction of justice..

Buck then asked Mueller, "Could you charge the president with a crime after he left office?" To which Mueller replied, "Yes."

Only to have the democrats follow up with the same Obstruction of Justice questions with the same answer from Mueller.

Spin it, boys.
Look up his after testimony clarification.
No spin. Sorry.
Poiseuille3875.50

07-24-2019, 05:05 PM   #20
F32Fleet
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieb View Post

Buck then asked Mueller, "Could you charge a president with a crime after he left office?" To which Mueller replied, "Yes."

Spin it, boys.
The glaring deficiency with regards to the Mueller report is with regards to the OLC and obstruction. The report should've explicitly said either they found evidence of obstruction but elected not to recommend prosecution because of the OLC OR it should've said that because of the OLC the charge of obstruction was not investigated or determined. Something to that effect.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 3
MKSixer18389.00
SakhirM49887.50

07-24-2019, 05:17 PM   #21
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
The glaring deficiency with regards to the Mueller report is with regards to the OLC and obstruction. The report should've explicitly said either they found evidence of obstruction but elected not to recommend prosecution because of the OLC OR it should've said that because of the OLC the charge of obstruction was not investigated or determined. Something to that effect.
you mean like when he said they did not come to a determination of a crime due to the OLC?

Which he is correct. What he can do is recommend further investigation and/or impeachment, which he did not.

That is what the Dems were hoping for. Something like what Ken Star did for Clinton when he recommended impeachment.

Appreciate 1
MKSixer18389.00

07-24-2019, 05:24 PM   #22
TXSTYLE
BIGMARCUS
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Lightbulb

What did I take from it? Nothing Earth Shattering if you already read or got a summary of the Report.
If you had a opinion prior to today's testimony, you probably still have your same opinion now.

But it is VERY clear that Trump and his inner circle Obstructed justice and the investigation, period.
And Trump and his inner circle absolutely welcomes help, assistance, and involvement from Russia, Period.
And Trumps claim or lie that the Mueller Report clears him of any wrongdoing is completely false and laughable.

Appreciate 2
MKSixer18389.00