BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Driving Assistance coding

12-03-2023, 06:42 PM   #67
Alexete
Rep
Drives: BMW 530d G30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNine90 View Post
check in SAS for handsoff, it should be one of the parameters
one of the parameters is C_STA_ALC_MaxDauerFolgefahrtSpurueberbrueckung: 25s . I have tried changing it to FF (255s) but it doesn't work. There must be some other hidden switch.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2023, 04:35 AM   #68
Twintortuga
Rep
Drives: Bmw 520DA

5al active protectión and 5av active guard

hello. My bmw g30 comes equipped with 5AL active protection. I have noticed other orders of another vehicle it comes equipped with 5AV active guard. the latter requires some extra sensor or just coding in the fa would be enough or I simply don't need it. My vin B050573. I look forward to hearing from you. Best regards.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2023, 03:58 PM   #69
TourStageFan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '12 535iX M-Sport, CaymanS, %E

I coded my car using BimmerCode for very simple things such as rear fog light activation, emergency braking taillight activation, changing chime sounds to Rolls Royce tones, etc.

The Level 2 Drivers Assistance functions were not working properly, so I took it into the dealer yest. My car is still under warranty, but the dealer said that the coding was interfering with the Drivers Assistance functions/spitting out fault codes. So, they charged me $400 (1.5 hrs. of labor) to flash the ECU/reset the car to factory default settings.

Has anyone experienced this?
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2023, 11:48 AM   #70
TheNine90
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twintortuga View Post
hello. My bmw g30 comes equipped with 5AL active protection. I have noticed other orders of another vehicle it comes equipped with 5AV active guard. the latter requires some extra sensor or just coding in the fa would be enough or I simply don't need it. My vin B050573. I look forward to hearing from you. Best regards.
You can try coding it but G30 mostly comes with 5AL
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2023, 10:45 AM   #71
Twintortuga
Rep

There are bmw g30 that come only 5AV and my g30 5AL. What difference is there from one code to the other?
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2023, 02:17 PM   #72
WretchedRefuse
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TourStageFan View Post
I coded my car using BimmerCode for very simple things such as rear fog light activation, emergency braking taillight activation, changing chime sounds to Rolls Royce tones, etc.

The Level 2 Drivers Assistance functions were not working properly, so I took it into the dealer yest. My car is still under warranty, but the dealer said that the coding was interfering with the Drivers Assistance functions/spitting out fault codes. So, they charged me $400 (1.5 hrs. of labor) to flash the ECU/reset the car to factory default settings.

Has anyone experienced this?
Assuming it's a G30, what year is your car? Were Drivers Assistance functions working properly before you coded it? Did you try an iDrive reset before taking the car in? Did re-flashing the ECU fix the problem with Drivers Assistance? If your answers are "yes" to all three questions, this is the first that I've heard of this happening from basic coding. Assuming you didn't use BimmerCode Expert Mode and make some sort of mistake, I can only guess that BimmerCode may not have had the correct mapping for your previous iDrive software version. Now that you've updated your iDrive software, chances are good that the coding will work now, but try it at your own risk. Be sure to keep backups, test immediately after coding, and revert any changes that cause problems.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2023, 02:00 AM   #73
TheNine90
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twintortuga View Post
There are bmw g30 that come only 5AV and my g30 5AL. What difference is there from one code to the other?
5AL Active Protection(DYNAMIC SAFETY)
5AV Active Guard
There G30 that come with both these option enabled. They are different systems.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2024, 04:31 AM   #74
BMW_E_F_G
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i COMPETITION G30 2017

Exclamation HOD (HANDS OFF THE WHEEL) Manipulating and not coding off!

Hi guys,

It is for sure codeable (deactivation) but, I have found a way around to change the deactivation interval in seconds. This way this feature will stay on and will be safer than without.

I am working on it right now. I'll post later on today the parameters that needs to be changed. Coding will be available for pre-lci & lci models

Greets,
Taylyan
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2024, 02:17 AM   #75
BMW_E_F_G
Netherlands
Rep

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_E_F_G View Post
Hi guys,

It is for sure codeable (deactivation) but, I have found a way around to change the deactivation interval in seconds. This way this feature will stay on and will be safer than without.

I am working on it right now. I'll post later on today the parameters that needs to be changed. Coding will be available for pre-lci & lci models

Greets,
Taylyan
Hi guys,

A little update of the process going on in the background.

I did the coding and it did work BUT, I really DO NOT RECOMMEND you doing this. The car is simply not made for it and I doesn't keep the car in a straight line so well after coding it. It literally wanders too much!

This didn't happen before coding the car. The car felt much more stabilized and secure. You just have to tap the steering wheel or put a very light pressure with your thigh to the steering wheel while allowing it to rotate freely.

I have reverted the coding on my own car. Do this at your own risk!

Because of the fact that this coding will possibly leave you in a risk, I will not post the coding steps here to prevent everyone coding it and regarding it afterwards because of an accident!

The members who however consider to try it out, send me a private message please.

PS: I have a pre-lci G30. It would maybe function better on lci models. I didn't tested it yet on lci models

Greets,
Taylyan
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2024, 03:03 AM   #76
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

The lane assist is definitely improved on the LCI
The improvements that I saw are :-

Keeps to the middle of the lane , pre LCI tended to bias towards the left (rhd drive car)

Does not take the exit lane when in lane 1. Pre LCI would choose exist lane on a number of occasions

Seems a bit smoother generally
Appreciate 1
      01-11-2024, 03:23 AM   #77
BMW_E_F_G
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
The lane assist is definitely improved on the LCI
The improvements that I saw are :-

Keeps to the middle of the lane , pre LCI tended to bias towards the left (rhd drive car)

Does not take the exit lane when in lane 1. Pre LCI would choose exist lane on a number of occasions

Seems a bit smoother generally
Sounds great. PM me if you want to code it than.

Greets,
Taylyan
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2024, 04:32 AM   #78
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Thanks but I’ll pass on that
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2024, 09:34 AM   #79
chrisd2020
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW G30

BMW_E_F_G PM'd you about testing it out
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2024, 12:01 PM   #80
Twintortuga
Rep

Hi send me the lines to code it. I imagine it works with the Kafas camera
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2024, 05:39 AM   #81
patriquez
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 530e 2020 Pre LCI

Hi there! Any update on this coding and how it works? The shut off time is too short, just a bit more will help a lot. But if it makes the system unstable... not worth it. Hope to hear!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2024, 02:00 PM   #82
BMW_E_F_G
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriquez View Post
Hi there! Any update on this coding and how it works? The shut off time is too short, just a bit more will help a lot. But if it makes the system unstable... not worth it. Hope to hear!
Hi,

I've done the testing and coding but, I would really NOT do it. The coding works but, the cars wanders too much. Much much more than when this option is still activated properly. So I actually reverted this to it's original parameters. If you would like to test it out. PM me please.

Greets,

Taylyan
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2024, 03:29 PM   #83
eldyf93
Extraordinaire
Rep
Drives: F93

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_E_F_G View Post
Hi,

I've done the testing and coding but, I would really NOT do it. The coding works but, the cars wanders too much. Much much more than when this option is still activated properly. So I actually reverted this to it's original parameters. If you would like to test it out. PM me please.

Greets,

Taylyan
Hi I sent a PM that might have been buried. I would like to try it out on my LCI '21 M550i and report back. I also just picked up a '24 M8 signed up for bimmerpost.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2024, 11:13 PM   #84
britchris1
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M550

This was being talked about in another thread, hardware option vs coding

https://bimmer8.com/products/bmw-hod-emulator
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2024, 05:00 AM   #85
Seamen
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW530e G30

Mirror blind sector indication not working

Hi Guys,

After service repeairs my mirror blind sector indication doesn't work. With bimmerlink i found this error:
Rear radar sensor near range right
1 error
020808: Coding: Control unit is not coded
Can anyone help to rectify it.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2024, 10:51 AM   #86
mimoon
Private
Rep
Drives: G31

If my car has 5AT, 4T8, 508 PDC, 5AC, 8TF, it is enough for it to stop itself when parking in reverse ?
Appreciate 0