BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Tesla Cybertruck is a technological marvel

01-01-2024, 09:26 AM   #89
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
I just watched most of Leno's video on the Cybertruck. It was even better than Cammisa's. Leno has the lead designer and the lead engineer who were responsible for developing the Cybertruck. The Leno video is even more enlightening on the technology in the Cybertruck. It has a water fording mode. The mode lifts the suspension to the max of 17 inches and pressurizes the HVB to keep water from entering the battery case. My takeaway from Leno's video is "how great it would be to be an engineer at a Musk company".

We can all say Musk is crazy or brash or whatever, but the man creates companies that launch its own near earth satellite internet constellation, which outperform the existing sat internet offerings, builds rocket sections that land for reuse, and a company that is the leader in EV engineering. He is genius at using human capital to its utmost capability. It's pretty damned impressive from a business perspective.

People thought Henry Ford was crazy too. Others wanted Ford to run for President.

I may come over to the dark side (but I will bring my Surefire P2X with me).
A lot of what you’re quoting about Musk isn’t even true - the guy is a PR face for what are essentially government programs/R&D. A lot of this stuff is literally not even a real thing (Looking at you Starlink - which is just radio/5G towers, which is where the impossible lower latency comes from)

He builds rockets to nowhere, with concepts that don’t even make sense (a reusable rocket where half the file payload is used to land?)

It’s kinda of like Facebook and Lifelink that was imagined by DARPA. Instead the electric car push appears to be organic when you put a fake technocrat as the face of it.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2024, 10:08 AM   #90
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
A lot of what you’re quoting about Musk isn’t even true - the guy is a PR face for what are essentially government programs/R&D. A lot of this stuff is literally not even a real thing (Looking at you Starlink - which is just radio/5G towers, which is where the impossible lower latency comes from)

He builds rockets to nowhere, with concepts that don’t even make sense (a reusable rocket where half the file payload is used to land?)

It’s kinda of like Facebook and Lifelink that was imagined by DARPA. Instead the electric car push appears to be organic when you put a fake technocrat as the face of it.
LOL. What in the heck are you talking about? Starlink is just a bunch of 5G cell sites? I think you've misread the internet.

SpaceX launched Iridium's Gen 2 satellite constellation (after the Russian commercial launch plan fell through); I was a stakeholder in that operation. Not to mention SpaceX has launched and orbited 5,500 satellites so far. So, SpaceX actually did have rockets that went somewhere.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2024, 12:26 PM   #91
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
LOL. What in the heck are you talking about? Starlink is just a bunch of 5G cell sites? I think you've misread the internet.

SpaceX launched Iridium's Gen 2 satellite constellation (after the Russian commercial launch plan fell through); I was a stakeholder in that operation. Not to mention SpaceX has launched and orbited 5,500 satellites so far. So, SpaceX actually did have rockets that went somewhere.
My guy, I know that’s what they told you, but it isn’t true. Starlink doesn’t give them the ability to break physics and provide signal and speeds with zero latency. They will even tell you that the signal comes from cell towers (where it’s claimed it originates from actual satellites. Sure)

The rockets don’t go anywhere, and that’s a direct quote from Trump himself. Elon is a advanced Government propaganda tool to make their agenda more palpable.
Just like Facebook was to data collection for DARPA and the CIA.

Don’t take my world for it, look it up.
      01-01-2024, 12:49 PM   #92
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Damn in that case they should make him the face of other government shit like the DMV. I could only wish most government programs worked as well as my fake Tesla.

Quote:
My guy, I know that’s what they told you, but it isn’t true. Starlink doesn’t give them the ability to break physics and provide signal and speeds with zero latency. They will even tell you that the signal comes from cell towers (where it’s claimed it originates from actual satellites. Sure)

The rockets don’t go anywhere, and that’s a direct quote from Trump himself. Elon is a advanced Government propaganda tool to make their agenda more palpable.

Don’t take my world for it, look it up.
Well my guy, as long as people can get internet in the middle of fucking nowhere (you know like where there are no towers) then I hope the illuminati keep doing what they do.
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh17309.00
      01-01-2024, 01:08 PM   #93
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Don’t take my word for it, look it up.
Comeonman. Seriously, my program had a payload on the Gen 2 Iridium satellite constellation. I attended monthly program meetings with the VP of Iridium engineering where we reviewed detailed satellite positioning schedules. I literally have 1st hand knowledge of this. I have the data of the payload testing performed by our program engineers. The delay of the originally planned Iridium launch using Russian launch services delayed our program start by 18 months. Please stop telling people who made a living off of SpaceX launch services that he was lied to. I don't need to take your word for it, I effing lived it. LOL

I was signed up to convert to Starlink as my internet service, but I do not have a sufficient view of the sky at this point given the quantity of sats currently flying in the Starlink constellation. I do have a few friends who are using Starlink and trust me I know the difference between a 5G cellular antenna and a satellite antenna.

LOL.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 1
gblansten1976.50
      01-01-2024, 01:09 PM   #94
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Damn in that case they should make him the face of other government shit like the DMV. I could only wish most government programs worked as well as my fake Tesla.

Well my guy, as long as people can get internet in the middle of fucking nowhere* (you know like where there are no towers) then I hope the illuminati keep doing what they do.
*as long as there are no big trees...
Appreciate 1
      01-01-2024, 01:41 PM   #95
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack

The major electrical utility I work for moved to Starlink as their fall back plan for disaster mobilization caused by regional power outages because cellular towers go offline after a day or two of being without power. Tested and verified by my crews, that shit works when 5g goes offline. The only downside is the latency, which is easily measured and confirmed with a ping test. Saying starlink has no latency is like saying water isn’t wet.
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh17309.00
      01-01-2024, 02:07 PM   #96
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad86tsi View Post
The major electrical utility I work for moved to Starlink as their fall back plan for disaster mobilization caused by regional power outages because cellular towers go offline after a day or two of being without power. Tested and verified by my crews, that shit works when 5g goes offline. The only downside is the latency, which is easily measured and confirmed with a ping test. Saying starlink has no latency is like saying water isn’t wet.
Fall back from FirstNet?
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2024, 02:38 PM   #97
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post

Well my guy, as long as people can get internet in the middle of fucking nowhere (you know like where there are no towers) then I hope the illuminati keep doing what they do.
How do you think AM/ radio works in the middle of nowhere? What about all the blackout areas where you can’t get Starlink, despite it literally being (claimed) to be above you.

I love the arrogance of people who believe in the propaganda and act like you’re the idiot for not taking things at face value.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2024, 02:43 PM   #98
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Comeonman. Seriously, my program had a payload on the Gen 2 Iridium satellite constellation. I attended monthly program meetings with the VP of Iridium engineering where we reviewed detailed satellite positioning schedules. I literally have 1st hand knowledge of this. I have the data of the payload testing performed by our program engineers. The delay of the originally planned Iridium launch using Russian launch services delayed our program start by 18 months. Please stop telling people who made a living off of SpaceX launch services that he was lied to. I don't need to take your word for it, I effing lived it. LOL

I was signed up to convert to Starlink as my internet service, but I do not have a sufficient view of the sky at this point given the quantity of sats currently flying in the Starlink constellation. I do have a few friends who are using Starlink and trust me I know the difference between a 5G cellular antenna and a satellite antenna.

LOL.

5G is short range, they wouldn’t be using that for something like Starlink - a LTE Tower would be better suited

SpaceX is entirely private, and almost all of the budget was from the US government.
You guys live in a modern day Manhattan project where you do even know what you’re working on and what the use is - and you’re told one thing and it’s completely something else.

Starlink Satellites launch and are visible at night with lights on (I’ve seen the video) and suddenly can’t be seen by any plane or telescope ever again. Everything you see about this is CGI - there is no real time footage of their existence. And despite them being “above us” they have black out area where they can’t service.

Totally seems legit my guy. And that STILL doesn’t counter what I said about them using towers to spread their signal or how their low latency works.

Last edited by AmuroRay; 01-01-2024 at 03:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2024, 03:27 PM   #99
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
*as long as there are no big trees...
Awww damn I forgot about that. Those commies love disguising cell towers as trees also!!!
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh17309.00
      01-01-2024, 03:29 PM   #100
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:

+1

I bet you Efthreeoh believes the Earth is a “sphere” too. LOL. Some people are sheep.
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh17309.00
      01-01-2024, 03:51 PM   #101
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
+1

I bet you Efthreeoh believes the Earth is a “sphere” too. LOL. Some people are sheep.
Sarcasm noted. Enjoy your propaganda machines.
      01-01-2024, 04:09 PM   #102
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
+1

I can see us arguing over spheres versus oblate spheroids before it’s over.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2024, 06:19 PM   #103
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Fall back from FirstNet?
We have that too, let’s just say for data it has been “problematic when we deployed it last fire season. I won’t say more than that due to some very unhappy executives wanting answers that may get ugly. Works fine for cellular though.
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh17309.00
      01-01-2024, 06:20 PM   #104
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep

Quote:
How do you think AM/ radio works in the middle of nowhere?.
The ionosphere, long wavelengths and very high power, look it up.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2024, 06:26 AM   #105
Tejas1836
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5MC Workmaster 75

Question

I click on this thread about the Cybertruck and find out that the Falcon and Dragon aren't real, the string of pearls I watch go over my house are holograms and 5G is available where I can't even get 4G, 10 miles from any towers.
This thread needs to be labeled Epic
      01-02-2024, 07:19 AM   #106
KRS_SN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: IX,G07

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
Elon the darling of the liberals saving the planet with EV once he'd conned them then reinvented as defender of free speech with twitter and appeals to the non liberals.
once he's done he controls transportation and twitter and Internet and then if you write any criticism he throws a tantrum and cancels/blocks your car social media and Internet..
I admire people's ability with their confirmation biases(me included).
Appreciate 1
AmuroRay2282.50
      01-02-2024, 07:44 AM   #107
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Appreciate 0
      01-02-2024, 07:54 AM   #108
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas1836 View Post
I click on this thread about the Cybertruck and find out that the Falcon and Dragon aren't real, the string of pearls I watch go over my house are holograms and 5G is available where I can't even get 4G, 10 miles from any towers.
Just life on our oblate spheroid.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2024, 08:10 AM   #109
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS_SN View Post
Elon the darling of the liberals saving the planet with EV once he'd conned them then reinvented as defender of free speech with twitter and appeals to the non liberals.
once he's done he controls transportation and twitter and Internet and then if you write any criticism he throws a tantrum and cancels/blocks your car social media and Internet..
I admire people's ability with their confirmation biases(me included).
Living under an Elon control dystopia is not very likely. It's not on my list of things to fear. In fact, I think now is the best time to live and there are so many cool things with which to look forward.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2024, 09:20 AM   #110
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas1836 View Post
Don't even get me started with the Beren'stain' Bears...
Appreciate 0