BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition Need help to lose weight (any advice)

10-26-2023, 08:24 AM   #111
TNTMYM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW e90 M3

Some good info here for sure! I am also back on the weight loss cycle and am simply increasing my gym activity related to my metabolism and decreasing calories 500 below base metabolic rate. Seems my body has changed over the years and my bmr dropped to below 2000 cal per day so I am staying within 1500 - 1700 cal while increasing metabolism using high intensity training principles. Some very helpful info here in this thread and I wish you the best of discipline on your journey. Some useful strategies I learned over the years below:

Early morning cup of black coffee followed by 15 minutes of cardio boosts metabolism all day.
Starchy carbs after workouts, complex carbs before workouts, fibrous carbs (grains or greens) at night
Alcohol issooooo bad
10 Almonds, 1 slice avocado, 1 teaspoon natty peanut butter, fish oils are all good fats to include

Oh yea, Ozempic works so far 15lb dropped in 6 weeks no cravings or side effects on low .25mg dose.

Good luck man!
Appreciate 1
chassis6552.50
      10-28-2023, 02:38 PM   #112
domacuratl
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Cool Insightful information!!!

I am always digging down the rabbit on nutrition and today I came across a video on youtube this morning before going to the gym. I figured I would share it with you all guys since it was a very eye opening and insightful video. After seeing it, it now has me going even deeper down the rabbit hole on nutrition. I am currently in the quest of finding information on foods that are soluble and insoluble fibers. I will tell you there is so much misinformation out there; It is really ridiculous! I like to call it red pill and blue pill information that has to be navigated through. Along with the video being uploaded; I will also be post a chart I came across covering soluble and insoluble foods. Hopefully this information can help you all guys.

Youtube video:
Attached Images
File Type: pdf NOWF-Fiber-Content-of-Foods.pdf (261.8 KB, 319 views)
Appreciate 0