BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum DIY Discussions / Guides / Instructions Gentleman switch

11-22-2022, 11:41 PM   #23
Supacat
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 540i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
SUCCESS!!! I'm not sure how I feel about the silver buttons, but at least they're easier to see in my dark interior.
so just a heads up and hopefully to help others. I dont think your original switch was bad. Let me explain why, when I hooked mine up (same part#) it acted the same as your first one. It was completely dead and not even basic funtions worked. I tried my old switch and it lit up right away. I said eff it and plugged new switch in again (it was dead) and locked the car. Let the car sleep for like 30 min and when I came back, all was working including gent switch! Happy camper I be :-)
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2022, 11:31 PM   #24
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supacat View Post
So, exactly same thing happened to me. Purchased 61316826716 and it is completely dead. Won't even light up when plugged in. When you got the replacement that worked, was it the same part # 61316826716 that worked? Was it just a dud part on the original one you received? Thanks!
I honestly have no idea and don't remember. I got it out of Lithuania.

Quote:
so just a heads up and hopefully to help others. I dont think your original switch was bad. Let me explain why, when I hooked mine up (same part#) it acted the same as your first one. It was completely dead and not even basic funtions worked. I tried my old switch and it lit up right away. I said eff it and plugged new switch in again (it was dead) and locked the car. Let the car sleep for like 30 min and when I came back, all was working including gent switch! Happy camper I be :-)
Interesting... It worked out for me as the replacement switch was cheaper than the original.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2022, 02:30 PM   #25
wzg30
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 530I

Did the retrofit, p/n 61316826716, also it second as your passages seat memory

Attached Images

Last edited by wzg30; 12-08-2022 at 02:41 PM..
Appreciate 1
      12-08-2022, 06:43 PM   #26
juliusedward
Private
India
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 2018

Garage List
2018 G30 520D  [8.00]
Quote:
So the passenger seat need not have memory function for the gentleman switch to work? My car does not have memory but I'm very interested in this mod
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2022, 06:55 PM   #27
wzg30
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliusedward View Post
So the passenger seat need not have memory function for the gentleman switch to work? My car does not have memory but I'm very interested in this mod
You don’t need to have it, but for it to work, you do need to have seat heating, which it will have module for you to able to code it, just connect bimmercode or esys and too see how many seat modules you have
Appreciate 1
      12-10-2022, 08:41 AM   #28
juliusedward
Private
India
Rep

Garage List
2018 G30 520D  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wzg30 View Post
You don’t need to have it, but for it to work, you do need to have seat heating, which it will have module for you to able to code it, just connect bimmercode or esys and too see how many seat modules you have
I don't have heated seats. But bimmercode shows Seat module driver. No module for passenger seat. Is it mandatory to have passenger seat module for this to work?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2022, 08:56 AM   #29
wzg30
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliusedward View Post
I don't have heated seats. But bimmercode shows Seat module driver. No module for passenger seat. Is it mandatory to have passenger seat module for this to work?
Yeah, it kinda rely on passenger seat modules, but do you have electric control for your passenger seat or all manual, but I do know it rely on passenger coding, so if you don’t habe module, idk how to get it to work
Appreciate 1
      12-10-2022, 08:12 PM   #30
juliusedward
Private
India
Rep

Garage List
2018 G30 520D  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wzg30 View Post
Yeah, it kinda rely on passenger seat modules, but do you have electric control for your passenger seat or all manual, but I do know it rely on passenger coding, so if you don’t habe module, idk how to get it to work
The passenger seat is electric control just like the driver seat. But no module. It's a no go for me then. Thanks though
Appreciate 0