BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding BMW Advanced Eye 2 - Dash cam now available in the UK

12-07-2018, 07:09 AM   #23
mijoed
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F15 40e MSport

Does anyone know why this Advance car eye 2.0 cannot be installed with a climate comfort windscreen option already in the car. BMW parts advisors just say it is prohibited.
To my knowedge, the screen has no electrical elements and I can only assume it is to do with adhering something to the glass, possibly affecting a laminate or coating?
If that is the case then no web cam could be used

Last edited by mijoed; 12-07-2018 at 10:03 AM.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2018, 11:19 AM   #24
mijoed
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F15 40e MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijoed View Post
Does anyone know why this Advance car eye 2.0 cannot be installed with a climate comfort windscreen option already in the car. BMW parts advisors just say it is prohibited.
To my knowedge, the screen has no electrical elements and I can only assume it is to do with adhering something to the glass, possibly affecting a laminate or coating?
Amazingly quick response from BMW.
Apparently the issue is that the camera will not function in park mode when the climate comfort screen option is installed in the car. However, it is supposed to function normally in driving mode.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2018, 09:46 AM   #25
kitster
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 M Sport

Quote:
Quote:
Amazingly quick response from BMW.
Apparently the issue is that the camera will not function in park mode when the climate comfort screen option is installed in the car. However, it is supposed to function normally in driving mode.
Sounds like a load of BS. Any decent dash cam will just monitor and work of a "always on" and "ignition on" fuse, so it knows when to switch modes.

BMW needs to stick to making cars.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2018, 05:31 PM   #26
BudgieUK
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d M-Sport Touring

The spec. claims that in parking mode, the camera uses radar to detect movement nearby.
I wonder if the other windscreen treatment interferes with the parking mode radar function?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 01:59 AM   #27
saporitj
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540I M Sport

Quote:
What is the climate comfort windscreen option? Is this a UK thing?
Appreciate 0