BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Additional options after purchase?

12-09-2018, 08:43 AM   #1
Ricardohhhhh
Registered
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Additional options after purchase?

Hello, I'm new here guys.

I just bought a 2018 530e xDrive this Friday and I love it. When I bought the car I was aware about some options that were not on the car and was wondering if they can be added on if the car had the capabilities? I saw keyless entry was not on the car? Any recommendations of if I can put that on there somehow?? I also saw gesture control.

Also, is there any videos recommending video of features that may be available to show me a few things I haven't already found out? I work 7-7pm and am kinda exhausted to play with it even tho I do try to on my way to/from work. Are there any links or manuals to help me use the car to it's full capabilities? I don't have my vin at the moment to share what exact features I have.

One last question.... is there a list of standard features that every bmw has? Some videos I seen I didn't have. Just wondering. Thanks guys.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 10:41 AM   #2
MXNSITH
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5C, 2019 i3 REX, 2010 Z4

I would start by downloading the digital manual. Depending on what device you have it's called the drivers guide.

Look here for OEM aftermarket options. If they don't have what you want, reach out. They add more stuff periodically. https://www.bimmer-tech.net/shop/bmw...es-g30-g31-f90
Appreciate 1
      12-09-2018, 11:14 AM   #3
Bimmertrashjr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardohhhhh View Post
Hello, I'm new here guys.

I just bought a 2018 530e xDrive this Friday and I love it. When I bought the car I was aware about some options that were not on the car and was wondering if they can be added on if the car had the capabilities? I saw keyless entry was not on the car? Any recommendations of if I can put that on there somehow?? I also saw gesture control.

Also, is there any videos recommending video of features that may be available to show me a few things I haven't already found out? I work 7-7pm and am kinda exhausted to play with it even tho I do try to on my way to/from work. Are there any links or manuals to help me use the car to it's full capabilities? I don't have my vin at the moment to share what exact features I have.

One last question.... is there a list of standard features that every bmw has? Some videos I seen I didn't have. Just wondering. Thanks guys.
If you are in USA go to BMWUSA and you can find standard equipment for each and every model
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 01:11 PM   #4
530iDriver
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

You can probably add certain missing options to the car after the fact. But remember it will be much more expensive and do you really want your dealer "techs" to be tearing apart your brand new car?

My humble suggestion... Pick your battles wisely. I don't have gesture control and certainly do not miss it.

This is why it is so important to pick/order a car with the options that are important to you from the get go.

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 12:46 PM   #5
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 530iDriver View Post
You can probably add certain missing options to the car after the fact. But remember it will be much more expensive and do you really want your dealer "techs" to be tearing apart your brand new car?

My humble suggestion... Pick your battles wisely. I don't have gesture control and certainly do not miss it.

This is why it is so important to pick/order a car with the options that are important to you from the get go.
I agree 100% with this. There are numerous threads here about installing some option after delivery of the car. In most cases, it is uneconomic. As noted, it also can mean disassembling major components, and thus violating the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" rule. The exceptions are things that can be coded in the software and do not involve hardware installations. If you want a car that has the exact options you want and does not have options you don't want, you either need to expand your search to multiple dealers* or forgo getting a car right away in favor of factory ordering.

*a good dealer can do this for you, searching my options, colors etc. This is how I got one of my prior F10s; it was sitting at a dealer in New Jersey that I never would have considered but my dealer was able to get it for me.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 01:34 PM   #6
tomwac
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 545i/520d/320d/S1000R/E24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardohhhhh View Post
I just bought a 2018 530e xDrive this Friday and I love it.
I didn't know a 530e xDrive is available in the US. Cool! Here, we only can get sDrive with a 530e...
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 03:07 PM   #7
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlteBMW View Post
I agree 100% with this. There are numerous threads here about installing some option after delivery of the car. In most cases, it is uneconomic. As noted, it also can mean disassembling major components, and thus violating the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" rule. The exceptions are things that can be coded in the software and do not involve hardware installations. If you want a car that has the exact options you want and does not have options you don't want, you either need to expand your search to multiple dealers* or forgo getting a car right away in favor of factory ordering.

*a good dealer can do this for you, searching my options, colors etc. This is how I got one of my prior F10s; it was sitting at a dealer in New Jersey that I never would have considered but my dealer was able to get it for me.
Very true. I was about to take 97% of what I wanted in a car from a dealership a thousand miles away (my dealership would have purchased the car and had it trucked in). But the original dealership sold it and I ended up ordering exactly what I wanted.

If you can afford to wait, ordering the way to go.
Appreciate 0