BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion BMW just released version 10.0 of the Connected App for iPhone

12-06-2018, 06:28 PM   #1
mjchernis
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

BMW just released version 10.0 of the Connected App for iPhone

Today, BMW released version 10.0 of the Connected App for the iPhone. I got all excited, thinking it might have a firmware update with it for my G05 or just some new features for the app.

The funny part is that the previous version was 9.2.1 so the version numbering suggests a significant software update by going to 10.0. Unfortunately, this update only offered "minor bug fixes".

It makes a statement about BMW's thinking/expertise with software for them to go from 9.2.1 to 10.0 for a minor bug fix. I thought the comment on the version was just wrong but the apps seems the same as it was.

Clearly, not a big deal but I'm a bit worked up about the buggy mess that the new iDrive is.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2018, 11:34 AM   #2
IAmATeaf
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F30 335i

Garage List
2015 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Just checked and no update available for the app in the uk yet.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2018, 02:16 PM   #3
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjchernis View Post
Today, BMW released version 10.0 of the Connected App for the iPhone. I got all excited, thinking it might have a firmware update with it for my G05 or just some new features for the app.

The funny part is that the previous version was 9.2.1 so the version numbering suggests a significant software update by going to 10.0. Unfortunately, this update only offered "minor bug fixes".

It makes a statement about BMW's thinking/expertise with software for them to go from 9.2.1 to 10.0 for a minor bug fix. I thought the comment on the version was just wrong but the apps seems the same as it was.

Clearly, not a big deal but I'm a bit worked up about the buggy mess that the new iDrive is.
An update to the app will have nothing to do with an idrive firmware update. If your idrive is buggy you should take it to the dealer. I think firmware update is one of their first troubleshoots.
Appreciate 0