BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding BMW 530e Model Year 2020 features and iDrive 7 related questions.

11-29-2020, 09:43 PM   #1
mike1110
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e iPerformance

BMW 530e Model Year 2020 features and iDrive 7 related questions.

Hi Guys,
I desperately need your help. I'm planing to buy a 530e M Sport (Model year 2020) with the 12kWh battery and iDrive 7.

I hope anyone who has this model to help me because I have a few questions to be clarified.

1.Does the iDrive 7 on the MY 2020 have support for extended voice commands such as
A) opening the windows through voice commands and
B) changing the temperature of the climate control,etc.... (Like the LCI)

2. How is the iDrive updated ? Is it through OTA or dealership.

3. Is there any other miscellaneous features that are missing from this iDrive compared to the LCI.

I hope to get a reply as soon as possible and thank you very much for your cooperation.

Last edited by mike1110; 11-29-2020 at 10:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2020, 11:14 AM   #2
Xbhp
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 530 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelsenraj View Post
Hi Guys,
I desperately need your help. I'm planing to buy a 530e M Sport (Model year 2020) with the 12kWh battery and iDrive 7.

I hope anyone who has this model to help me because I have a few questions to be clarified.

1.Does the iDrive 7 on the MY 2020 have support for extended voice commands such as
A) opening the windows through voice commands and
B) changing the temperature of the climate control,etc.... (Like the LCI)

2. How is the iDrive updated ? Is it through OTA or dealership.

3. Is there any other miscellaneous features that are missing from this iDrive compared to the LCI.

I hope to get a reply as soon as possible and thank you very much for your cooperation.
1. A) and B) are not possible on MY2020 as ID7 Lite does not have this functionality. I think manually changing temperature & opening windows is fast & efficient way as some times voice commands may not work.

2. ID 7 Lite is updated at dealership

3. Remote software upgrade is biggest one missing and remaining one's are not that significant.
Appreciate 0