BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding NAV wont load after Bimmercode coding, FSC codes cancelled

11-09-2020, 07:11 AM   #1
smint1
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

NAV wont load after Bimmercode coding, FSC codes cancelled

Hi

I have a 2017 G30 with NBT EVO iDrive 6

I tried to make a couple of changes using Bimmercode including Video in motion and Video vis USB and it failed.

I restored the config but now my Navigation just stays on loading.

I tried a factory reset and then a software update from Connected Drive but no joy.

I had recently installed a map update which I downloaded from BMW connected drive so I tried inserting this USB again to reinstall map but it says tells me to insert a USB drive with the correct activation code. Tried downloading a new one but same thing

I then looked on the FSC page in Bimmercode and the following four items that used to be green and said accepted are now in red and say cancelled...

NBT Navi Application Harman
EVO ID5 European Map
Speesh NLU
Speech TTS

Dont know if its relevant but on this page the code under "EVO ID5 European Map" says ends in 4C but on the map update I got from BMW there is a .FSC file that ends in 5E.

I have a connected drive subscription if that helps

Can anyone please help ?

Thanks
Attached Images

Last edited by smint1; 11-09-2020 at 07:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2020, 01:37 PM   #2
mrgicm
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M

Try flashing your HU, if it doesnt load the FSC back, you need either an FSC repair set or patch the HU to accept the FSC.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 02:13 AM   #3
Bimmerguy17
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by smint1 View Post
Hi

I have a 2017 G30 with NBT EVO iDrive 6

I tried to make a couple of changes using Bimmercode including Video in motion and Video vis USB and it failed.

I restored the config but now my Navigation just stays on loading.

I tried a factory reset and then a software update from Connected Drive but no joy.

I had recently installed a map update which I downloaded from BMW connected drive so I tried inserting this USB again to reinstall map but it says tells me to insert a USB drive with the correct activation code. Tried downloading a new one but same thing

I then looked on the FSC page in Bimmercode and the following four items that used to be green and said accepted are now in red and say cancelled...

NBT Navi Application Harman
EVO ID5 European Map
Speesh NLU
Speech TTS

Dont know if its relevant but on this page the code under "EVO ID5 European Map" says ends in 4C but on the map update I got from BMW there is a .FSC file that ends in 5E.

I have a connected drive subscription if that helps

Can anyone please help ?

Thanks

I have the exact same issue. Did you ever get this sorted?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 03:48 AM   #4
GaSelle
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ´23 iX3 M Sport Charged

I had the same issue the other night, where the coding failed and the iDrive screen failed to start after that. I restored the coding from backup, and then the screen was back on. Navigation said the very same thing, "loading" and to insert an USB stick with the right codes. I tried the one with the most recent maps on it, and that worked. It installed the maps, and has been working fine since.
      11-24-2020, 04:13 AM   #5
Bimmerguy17
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaSelle View Post
I had the same issue the other night, where the coding failed and the iDrive screen failed to start after that. I restored the coding from backup, and then the screen was back on. Navigation said the very same thing, "loading" and to insert an USB stick with the right codes. I tried the one with the most recent maps on it, and that worked. It installed the maps, and has been working fine since.
I've downloaded the most recent maps from bmw with the fsc code and yet still no joy. "connect USB with the correct activation code" is the message that I keep getting. Absolutely driving me insane
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2021, 02:29 AM   #6
robinio
Slovenia
Rep
Drives: G30 540i Carbon Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerguy17 View Post
I've downloaded the most recent maps from bmw with the fsc code and yet still no joy. "connect USB with the correct activation code" is the message that I keep getting. Absolutely driving me insane
Did you solve this? I had the same problem and had to buy new FSC code from “the internet”.

Last edited by robinio; 01-02-2021 at 02:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2021, 03:28 PM   #7
kubax86
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinio View Post
Did you solve this? I had the same problem and had to buy new FSC code from “the internet”.
Actually there is no need to buy new codes. You can put FSC codes from repair pack (OEM).
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2021, 01:34 AM   #8
OneSon
Rep
Drives: BMW 520 Xdrive

I am having exactly the same issue on my 2017 G30. Additionally voice control is not working and when I long press it is telling me that there is another Bluetooth in progress.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2021, 07:10 AM   #9
renmar
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '17 G30 xDrive 520d

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubax86 View Post
Actually there is no need to buy new codes. You can put FSC codes from repair pack (OEM).
where this OEM pack can be found?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2022, 10:31 AM   #10
dy63
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
hi where can i get this? i have same issue when coding with bimmercode. HU went black and when restored i have lost my maps and car is telling me to insert usb with activation code
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2022, 02:42 PM   #11
kubax86
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dy63 View Post
hi where can i get this? i have same issue when coding with bimmercode. HU went black and when restored i have lost my maps and car is telling me to insert usb with activation code
PM sent
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2023, 04:00 AM   #12
quicksilvr
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M550d G31

Quote:
PM sent
I have the same problem with my G31, after HU coding, and restoring to factory, I lost my Nav. Could you please share the fix? Thank you very much.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2023, 12:19 PM   #13
kranga
Rep
Drives: BMW G30

Hi guys, I have a similar problem and I would appreciate if someone could help me out. I got a recall regarding EGR and I took the car where they told that they need to recode the car first and informed me that I will lost all custom coding like CarPlay, Speed Limit Detection, Start/Stop memmory and etc.

But when I took the car they told that I lost the navigation. I've asked for a document what I've lost and they gave me this info:

BMW Apps
M Laptimer
Apple Carplay

Also I saw a notification about : Programming Deactivates the functions controlled by sweeping technology (SWT). Reactivations via ISTA is not possible. During programming all activation codes are deactivated for the following units:

HU-H - Headunit High

It is recommended to cancel the measures plan (software update)

Now I see the Loading sign on the Navigation box and my MAP and NAV buttons are not working. The car was bought with Navigation System Professional.

Not sure if it's connected but I have aftermarket Front and Back camera, and now the Back camera is not working, while the front is still working as intended.

Can someone help? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2023, 01:34 PM   #14
TheNine90
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw

Its possible to patch the unit and activate the missing FSC
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2023, 01:29 PM   #15
kranga
Rep
Drives: BMW G30

I was able to get most of the issues fixed. When I reinstalled Carplay the native navigation also started working and I’ve reqctivated SLI and Start/Stop memory.

I still have the problem with my reverse camera that’s not working. I tried switching the reverse camera with the front and I saw that the reverse started working when putting the car in Drive which tells me that the cables are not broken and the camera is working.

I wonder if the software update made something that wouldn’t send power to the back camera when in reverse , does anyone has some ideas?
Appreciate 0