BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications 540i x drive, remapped 440 /608nm

01-01-2019, 03:48 PM   #1
Martin30x
Private
Rep
Drives: 540i xdrive

540i x drive, remapped 440 /608nm

Hi guys.

After checking dte, racechips etc tuning boxes (they offered free test).

But all of them was flat.. feels flat and a bit unstable at high rpm.

Ive decied to sacrifice warranty. I am glad I did it.

The cat is amazing now with all stock apart from k&n filter. Which sounds nice (you can hear turbo spool).. cold air is important...
(Dont understand people with xxx air intake and open housing to let hot air come thruu filter all that heat from engine.. which is stupid.. makes car goes worse...)

Ive tested car with ron 95, 98 (crap) 99 or 102 octane. The car fly on german autobhan.
(I loved 102 bp ultimate). No matther how I stress car heavy with load. Was fine.

This was recommended by tuning company not to use lower than 98 (i agree to that).

The 440 bhp and 608nm on 4x4 dyno does the job.

The proper remap is the proper remap done with measured temperatures in/out and exhaust temp. Proper timings, pressure corrected.

So the car pulls nice and stable to max rpm. Vs tuning box where I noticed wird loss of power at high rpms.

So if you are thinking of getting remap stage 1, of your 540i i strongly recommend to do it.

Its day and night when compare to tuning box. But ask for gearbox limiter to be adjusted.

Do yourself a favor and change blue coolant (season only) to red stuff and add water wetter or mecool to lower temp .

I am awaiting armytrix exhaust... will dyno again car to see how it goes ,
Attached Images

Last edited by Martin30x; 01-10-2019 at 06:01 PM..
Appreciate 1
clee1982796.00
      01-02-2019, 12:44 PM   #2
Davg31
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: G23

Hello,
am I interested in your opinion or are you reprogramming?

Amytrix Exhaust? How much did you pay and or order in Europe?

No problem with the fuel particle filter?

Thank you for your answers

David
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2019, 05:20 AM   #3
Martin30x
Private
Rep

Particle filter ? I have petrol 540i version. I have cat. I didnt decat car.

I havent got any problems what so far. Will take photo from dyno at lower resolution as the one ive got exceed max size for uploading.

I am still waiting for exhaust, over 60 days.. its joke. Did order it from armytrix uk and paid there website price online.

There is a whole shi.. store behind armytrixuk. (Tux auto) they dont answear phones or if they did (someone will call you back) or phone call (free fitting but in 1 -2 month time) i asked to be delivered without fitting.

considering them to take to court.

BEAWARE WITH ARMYTRIXUK (TUX AUTO) THEY ARE RUBBISH.

If you decide to remap car, make sure you find garage with 4x4 byno and car to be tested in 4x4 mode!.

Often wank.. are turn off front or back axle to gain better figures .

1. Main figures from 4x4
2. Ask to test front and rear axle too. To make sure all stay withing the limits.

They also programmed flap to be open permanently, the exhaust one.
They can program to whatever you want. Remove cold start, flap open in sport or sport+.
Recalibrated sport displays etc.

In similar price of tuning box, you will get much more and the car will be refined in much better way.

But remember you will loose bmw warranty unless you find someone with icom to reflash ecu back to stock and correct checksum thru obd. Very important. Someone people says dealer pass it.. but I havent try it. . Who knows...
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 12:16 PM   #4
Martin30x
Private
Rep

***** exhaust received and fitted****

Armytrix for g30 540i isnt to loud, I would say a bit to quiet. With valves closed its almost like stock. (almost).

You have to open the windows down, to hear burbling, my mate drove car for me when I was outside, from outside its nice and burbling noise.

Ive decided to try out catless downpipe. I think is to quiet.

Few thing I dont like for that price... are clamps ( are non stainless stell... 4x clamps.. in that price, stainless stell should be supplied instead standard metal...)

With supportive bracket in middle section. The exhaust can make a noise as it can touch it! There is about 20mm gap only, very tight. Only on crap road when drive to fast.. (not alwayes).

Next thing is APP... I have android mobile phone.. it takes about 1-2min for that dongle to boot up. So the app can connect... ( time counted from start of ignition).

You can use FOB, to set flaps open, closed or auto. APP is nice when you have dedicated mobile phone for it . Otherwise you have to choose.. app or car Bluetooth.

~~~~~ When I live fob inside of my car~~~~ trigger the car key forgotten alarm

If I stop and walk out from car in 10s, stop the car. Leave and close car... with remote with armytrix fob anywhere inside... the alarm goes on for an X reason. I think beacuse car detect that something is connected to OBD and its ON.

I have to keep fob in my pocket . However there is a way around. Stop the car, stop the engine, turn off igniotion, walk out from car, close door and WAIT at least 30s and arm alarm with remote. Will work just fine.

In the first place I thought someone wants to nick my 540i .

To be honest, the armytrix for g30 540i is overpriced. I think.

Installation instruction is ok, but its silly at some point, when it shows you how to fit cable in the cabin. Next to server, so tight. There are much better easier hassle free points where you can feed in cable.
The rubber pipe should be a little but longer.

Also I fitted 550i diffusor, the reason for this was, that gap was about 5-10mm at max only around the original diffusor, I had it.

Entire back box is slightly lower than original exhaust.

Next week will get DP, will see how it goes. How loud will it be. Will dyno care too. So see any potential gains in hp.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 04:34 PM   #5
timmahh
ghey
United_States
Rep
Drives: Viertürigen Fahrzeugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin30x View Post
Hi guys.

After checking dte, racechips etc tuning boxes (they offered free test).

But all of them was flat.. feels flat and a bit unstable at high rpm.

Ive decied to sacrifice warranty. I am glad I did it.

The cat is amazing now with all stock apart from k&n filter. Which sounds nice (you can hear turbo spool).. cold air is important...
(Dont understand people with xxx air intake and open housing to let hot air come thruu filter all that heat from engine.. which is stupid.. makes car goes worse...)
The ambient air inside the engine bay is not as hot as the intake air will be when it passes through the turbo. This has a bit more logic on a vehicle where the air within the intake system isn't going to be heated or cooled anywhere else before being mixed with fuel. On our cars, we bring it in, heat it up, cool it down and then send it to mix.

Is there an actual K&N CAI for the vehicle? I've only see drop in filters. I'd go CAI (or resonator delete perhaps) for the sake of hearing tttuuurrrbboooooooo.
      01-10-2019, 03:25 AM   #6
Martin30x
Private
Rep

bms air intake. With open top. ....

The top of air filter is closed for a reason and intake of cold air coming from the front, thru channel.

The rule is simple, more hot air in intake = car loosing bhp, drive slower become more sluggish.

Thats why a car manufactures uses channel for intake from outside instead of inside engine bay...

Venturi and it carbon intakes are full made from front. Keep cold insulated as much as possible from engine, have dyno tested and proved.

Better bhp, better response.

K&N got drop in filters. (Direct replacment) its cheap.

Car is more responsive with it. Yes, you can turbo and its fraction of the stupid price of bms filter.

There is a reason why people are fitting far away filters like bms from engine. In current setup the filter sit on top of turbo. The mose hot place in entire engine bay....

I have seen many people complaning about "wird behaive" after driving for xx in x40i. With BMS

Beacuse hot air that car uses are getting to hot.

Beacuse of its location. Driving in summer will bring even more problems.

Like I said there is a reason why car manufactures takes cold air from.outside, why proper air intakes coming with proper piping to take that cold air from outside. Not inside engine bay... just like bms...did.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 05:28 PM   #7
timmahh
ghey
United_States
Rep

Quote:
bms air intake. With open top. ....

The top of air filter is closed for a reason and intake of cold air coming from the front, thru channel.

The rule is simple, more hot air in intake = car loosing bhp, drive slower become more sluggish.

Thats why a car manufactures uses channel for intake from outside instead of inside engine bay...

Venturi and it carbon intakes are full made from front. Keep cold insulated as much as possible from engine, have dyno tested and proved.

Better bhp, better response.

K&N got drop in filters. (Direct replacment) its cheap.

Car is more responsive with it. Yes, you can turbo and its fraction of the stupid price of bms filter.

There is a reason why people are fitting far away filters like bms from engine. In current setup the filter sit on top of turbo. The mose hot place in entire engine bay....

I have seen many people complaning about "wird behaive" after driving for xx in x40i. With BMS

Beacuse hot air that car uses are getting to hot.

Beacuse of its location. Driving in summer will bring even more problems.

Like I said there is a reason why car manufactures takes cold air from.outside, why proper air intakes coming with proper piping to take that cold air from outside. Not inside engine bay... just like bms...did.
I understand the premise of it.. but if you're pulling in air from outside the car or air from within the engine bay, it will still be compressed and passed through the [very] hot turbo itself. This will be hotter than the outside or ambient air temperature. Either way you're going to the intercooler before mixing with fuel. I suppose one could argue that cooler outside air won't heat up as much as it traverses through the intake plumbing and turbo, but I am assuming the outside air temperature would have to be incredibly lower than the ambient temperature in the engine bay. I guess my point is.. since we have an intercooler, how much cooler is your outside air vs. ambient air when it enters the intercooler? I suspect it's not significant under normal operation.
      01-12-2019, 03:37 AM   #8
Martin30x
Private
Rep

Please watch it in full

Non profit test for fun. The cold air is important.

During summer time with higher temps the car will act wird with intakes like billet.

The bhp will be decreased.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 04:22 PM   #9
timmahh
ghey
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Please watch it in full

Non profit test for fun. The cold air is important.

During summer time with higher temps the car will act wird with intakes like billet.

The bhp will be decreased.
Lol. BARELY dude, and only with a janky setup. The only way they got a FEW hp is by running it two feet away from the engine at front of the car with a fan blowing at it. If you want to run a dryer duct out the front of your headlight for a couple horsepower, by all means do it, but prior to that what they said is exactly my point. Open air, factory, or an *actual* aftermarket CAI (ie, still hidden behind the bumper), the intercooler is doing its job — the air temp is the same when it exits. Makes no difference. I’m not arguing that cold air isn’t important, it is, but you have a friggin intercooler... the turbo is what, several hundred degrees? And you think 5 degree (f’) difference on intake temp before it hits a burning hot turbo makes a massive difference. It doesn’t.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 12:46 PM   #10
Martin30x
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmahh View Post
Lol. BARELY dude, and only with a janky setup. The only way they got a FEW hp is by running it two feet away from the engine at front of the car with a fan blowing at it. If you want to run a dryer duct out the front of your headlight for a couple horsepower, by all means do it, but prior to that what they said is exactly my point. Open air, factory, or an *actual* aftermarket CAI (ie, still hidden behind the bumper), the intercooler is doing its job — the air temp is the same when it exits. Makes no difference. I’m not arguing that cold air isn’t important, it is, but you have a friggin intercooler... the turbo is what, several hundred degrees? And you think 5 degree (f’) difference on intake temp before it hits a burning hot turbo makes a massive difference. It doesn’t.

The point is, to place that intake behind grill in front bumper and you didnt get a point at all... anyway.....

.."Ok you are the best, and all car manufacturers, tuners etc are wrong. I understand you know better"...

No point to hijack my thread. Have nice day. Bye
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 01:22 PM   #11
timmahh
ghey
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The point is, to place that intake behind grill in front bumper and you didnt get a point at all... anyway.....
Ok, so you are agreeing with me now then? The intake behind the grill in the bumper is going to end up with the same results, especially since you'll be next to cooling systems that toss out heat.

Quote:
.."Ok you are the best, and all car manufacturers, tuners etc are wrong. I understand you know better"...
My car is tuned.

Quote:
No point to hijack my thread. Have nice day. Bye
Thank god.
      09-14-2019, 03:58 PM   #12
tomjoml
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmahh View Post
I run a decat stage 2 on my 540 and fitted a BMS filter. Removed it within 2 days - loss of torque and throttle response was noticeable, particularly on the hotter of the 2 days I ran it for. I run a wrench/hc.p remap so it’s far from ‘janky’.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2023, 01:15 AM   #13
Rattlesnake86
Enlisted Member
Romania
Rep
Drives: 2018 G30 530i M Sports

News after 4years? Have you had any issues?
Appreciate 0