BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Creaking sound

09-12-2019, 04:14 PM   #1
jsf721
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i X M Sport

Creaking sound

It’s a 2017 G30 530ix

Moved my wife’s car today just to move it out from behind mine.

Backing out of driveway slowly I hear a creaking, same with pulling in slowly. I am not sure if it’s suspension or steering rack.

Car will be going in for the 2nd time to address the phantom seatbelt chime when nobody is in front passenger seat.

Any ideas on the creak ?

Also while it’s there what was the fix for the cracking sound when the car was hot and the AC was put on.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 05:18 AM   #2
steve090619
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw 540xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsf721 View Post
It’s a 2017 G30 530ix

Moved my wife’s car today just to move it out from behind mine.

Backing out of driveway slowly I hear a creaking, same with pulling in slowly. I am not sure if it’s suspension or steering rack.

Car will be going in for the 2nd time to address the phantom seatbelt chime when nobody is in front passenger seat.

Any ideas on the creak ?

Also while it’s there what was the fix for the cracking sound when the car was hot and the AC was put on.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsf721 View Post
It's a 2017 G30 530ix

Moved my wife's car today just to move it out from behind mine.

Backing out of driveway slowly I hear a creaking, same with pulling in slowly. I am not sure if it's suspension or steering rack.

Any ideas on the creak ?

Also while it's there what was the fix for the cracking sound when the car was hot and the AC was put on.

Thanks
Change speaker grill for crackling.

Phantom warning, secure wires better under passenger seat.
Appreciate 1
jsf7211095.50
      09-13-2019, 06:44 AM   #3
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

I've heard the creaking when I drive up a particular ramp and assume it to be a very slight twist of the body, sound comes from back but difficult to pinpoint exactly where.
My first thought was that it was the door seals as this is an issue I had seen on both by previous e39 and f10 and in both of those cases , applying gummiphledge (spelling might a bit off there!) that issue disappeared. I did the same with the g30. It the noise is still there. I only hear on this particular ramp as I suspect it's because of its shape as it not flat and higher slightly in one side to the other hence my suspicion it's down to a twisting force on the car. As it's a quite garage I can hear it. I've never heard the creak at any other time.
Appreciate 1
jsf7211095.50