BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Anyone have any idea how to install OEM sportline doorsill part

09-17-2019, 06:39 PM   #1
Nh5651
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW f30 320i Xdrive

Anyone have any idea how to install OEM sportline doorsill part

Can't figure out how to install this part, it is illuminated and has a wire comming from it with a connector in the other side. my car was missing it on delivery so I just got it from the dealer now. Is there anyone who knows how to install this, I have seen the f30 videos but those have another wire that goes to the front fuse box, I don't have that wire so was wondering is there another way thanks...
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 04:53 PM   #2
DBO
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: G30 540i SDrive (MPPSK+Mods)

What you need is the BMW Einbau Anleitung (EBA)

I was going to point you at https://bmweba.com/tag/g30/ but it looks like the EBA website has been pulled down. Anyone know what's happened? (I'm guessing some kind of legal issue, because their Facebook page is permanently closed as well).

There is this.. I've never tried it though - and it may not even have the G30.
https://apkpure.com/bmw-eba-online/com.bmweba.online
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 08:11 AM   #3
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

You can try searching the TIS website...enter last 7 digits of your VIN...then type doorsill in the search box: www.newtis.info.

Or you could contact your local BMW dealership's parts department (do NOT ask the service department for ASAP instructions..99% of the time you'll probably get the "WHA?" look ).

Give the parts counter clerk the 11 digit BMW part nbr you have and see if there are installation instructions they can download in BMW's ASAP (after sales assistance portal).

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2019, 07:55 PM   #4
Nh5651
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW f30 320i Xdrive

Thanks ended up taking it to the dealer, it's a lease so didn't want to mess too much, it did take them one hour to complete, had to remove weather stripping etc
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 02:43 AM   #5
kiasha
Registered
Rep
Drives: kiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nh5651 View Post
Can't figure out how to install this part, it is illuminated and has a wire comming from it with a connector in the other side. my car was missing it on delivery so I just got it from the dealer now. Is there anyone who knows how to install this, I have seen the f30 videos but those have another wire that goes to the front fuse box, I don't have that wire so was wondering is there another way thanks...
ad mine installed by an audio shop. But I had to replace one illuminated sill due to the rubber around the edges of metal breaking off. As I can recall after taking off the sill and trim at base of door the wiring went under the sill trim and was spliced into the wire right there that goes to inside lights when you open door. For more details and helps pinoy updates helps you for more details I did not take pictures and I wish I did but If I ever have to replace another one I will definitely take a picture or two. Hope this helps a little. This may also helps you alot to figure out this problemhttps://pinoytvchannel.ru
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2022, 09:37 PM   #6
G30VKS
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G30

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiasha View Post
ad mine installed by an audio shop. But I had to replace one illuminated sill due to the rubber around the edges of metal breaking off. As I can recall after taking off the sill and trim at base of door the wiring went under the sill trim and was spliced into the wire right there that goes to inside lights when you open door. For more details and helps pinoy updates helps you for more details I did not take pictures and I wish I did but If I ever have to replace another one I will definitely take a picture or two. Hope this helps a little. This may also helps you alot to figure out this problemhttps://pinoytvchannel.ru
Hi could you please Help my I have a full new set off illuminated kick plates/door sills but my car did not have them as standard so how do I go about doing this

Please. Help lol
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2022, 08:42 AM   #7
mkizzo
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G31 LCI, F87 Comp

I've also just found this out and looking on how to retrofit the illuminated model. Appears it was removed on the LCI models?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2023, 02:43 AM   #8
ChristianHof
Registered
Rep
Drives: honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiasha View Post
ad mine installed by an audio shop. But I had to replace one illuminated sill due to the rubber around the edges of metal breaking off. As I can recall after taking off the sill and trim at base of door the wiring went under the sill trim and was spliced into the wire right there that goes to inside lights when you open door. For more details and helps pinoy updates helps you for more details I did not take pictures and I wish I did but If I ever have to replace another one I will definitely take a picture or two. Hope this helps a little. This may also helps you alot to figure out this problem. Getmodnow is a reputable website for mobile game and application lovers. Provides free downloads for many popular apps and games, including McDonald's Training App. If you're looking to experience the McDonald's Training App without paying, Getmodnow is the place to go.
Taking photos for future reference is a great idea
Appreciate 0