BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions AC again: demisting

09-06-2017, 05:21 AM   #1
Notechy
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 530d xDrive SE

AC again: demisting

I could have posted in the main air conditioning thread, here and/or Bimmerfest but don't want to muddy the water. For cooling purposes my AC seems ok, if less than wonderful.

Recent weather here has gone cooler and more rainy. I am finding that to demist the windscreen I have to take AC out of auto put on max demist button. Leaving it in auto and turning up intensity does not work. Taking it out of auto by directing only to screen and turning fan up does not work adequately. I have to admit that my previous F31 was much the same. But should not auto cope? What is the G30 experience of others on cooler/damper regions?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2017, 02:36 PM   #2
ThreethirtyDee
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 530d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notechy View Post
I could have posted in the main air conditioning thread, here and/or Bimmerfest but don't want to muddy the water. For cooling purposes my AC seems ok, if less than wonderful.

Recent weather here has gone cooler and more rainy. I am finding that to demist the windscreen I have to take AC out of auto put on max demist button. Leaving it in auto and turning up intensity does not work. Taking it out of auto by directing only to screen and turning fan up does not work adequately. I have to admit that my previous F31 was much the same. But should not auto cope? What is the G30 experience of others on cooler/damper regions?
I've had mine since April. I only ever make minor adjusts to the temp, 20-22 deg or the vent temperature. Never suffered a misty window yet. Sounds like you have something damp in the car?

Last edited by ThreethirtyDee; 09-06-2017 at 02:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2017, 02:42 PM   #3
Notechy
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 530d xDrive SE

We did have a couple of just slightly damp umbrellas a few days ago, but that's a few days and over 300 miles ago. Don't think it is the issue.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0