BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions 530e Sports Seat

09-08-2017, 12:18 PM   #1
pgrtag
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 530e

I’ve had the car for two weeks moved up from a 328d. I have the sports seats and I?m wondering if anyone has any suggestion for finding the sweet spot for comfort. Anyone else having a hard time adjusting the seat for comfort
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2017, 01:16 PM   #2
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

I think its the same with any new seat. I have the comfort seat and it took me a couple of weeks to get it set up correctly (or my back adjusted to the seat!)
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2017, 02:45 PM   #3
mobilejo
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G06 X6 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
I think its the same with any new seat. I have the comfort seat and it took me a couple of weeks to get it set up correctly (or my back adjusted to the seat!)
Have to agree - every new car has a break in period for comfort with me, as I get older it takes longer too!

I usually start at an extreme - seat all the way back and all the way down (i'm 6'7 so that seems like the place to start) and gradually bring it forward/up over time as I feel its required/if possible.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2017, 12:32 AM   #4
Nivarox
Quadrex
Rep
Drives: W212 Mercedes=Benz E Class

I think Multi Contour Comfort Seats feature thousands of settings (exaggerating lol ) and it must be the cause of the problem.My car came with the Multi Contour Comfort Seats as well.I have played with the seats buttons to find the best position which I find the most useful to my tastes and comfort . I still like to play with those buttons to find if I can further make it better .
Mine is :Bolsters are off ,seat tag (extension part of the bottom of the seats ) are folded in not extended ,headrest is touching back of my head , upper back section of the seat is slightly inclined .
Hmmm, the more settings the seats are packed in the more time to spend to find the sweet spot or Goldilocks zone
      09-09-2017, 06:40 PM   #5
pgrtag
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 530e

I stopped into an EV show today and one of the BMW dealers was there. He told me he?d work with me to trade my 2week old car for one with contour seats with no more money out of pocket. I have almost 1100 miles. I don?t believe he can work a desk without me coming in with cash.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2017, 12:42 AM   #6
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Sounds too good to be true but no harm in finding out. Be on guard in case it a case of manipulating figures
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2017, 01:25 PM   #7
morellomax
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440i xDrive convertible

2 possible reasons why sports seats could be less comfortable than comfort seats for a given body:
- bolsters in the seat base pressing in against the hips;
- backrest shape not suited to your back and not curable by lumbar support (assuming you even have that).

I can't offer a cure for the second, but the first can be improved by adding a thin bit of foam mat or other cushioning to the flat part of the seat base. Try that and if it helps, you can then think about a more permanent way of achieving the same thing, maybe custom making something that locks in place, or getting an upholsterer to unpick the seat and either pad out the flat bit of the base or try to splay the bolsters out a bit ?

I did this with my sports seats, having had comfort seats in my previous F10. Now I find the G30 sports seats very comfortable - just did 350 miles in one go, through awful weather and traffic, and had no complaints at all afterwards.
Appreciate 0