BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Wireless Charge Tray Size (Note 8 question)

09-15-2017, 07:03 PM   #1
FadyDizzle
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: -

Wireless Charge Tray Size (Note 8 question)

Hi all,

I currently have a Samsung Note 5 and a G30 5 series with the wireless charging tray which I love. I was wondering if anyone knows the official dimensions of the tray so I can compare them to the Note 8 which is about .4 inches taller than my Note 5. It's hard to get in there with a tape measure and get an accurate reading and I feel it'll be close/tight, any idea of official size of that tray? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2017, 09:34 AM   #2
spatel19
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadyDizzle View Post
Hi all,

I currently have a Samsung Note 5 and a G30 5 series with the wireless charging tray which I love. I was wondering if anyone knows the official dimensions of the tray so I can compare them to the Note 8 which is about .4 inches taller than my Note 5. It's hard to get in there with a tape measure and get an accurate reading and I feel it'll be close/tight, any idea of official size of that tray? Thanks!
I don't know the exact size of the tray, but I know the Note 8 won't fit. I was able to measure with a tape measure and it is about 6.20 inches wide. I am having IND look at mine to see if they and make it wider for me so that I can fit my Note 8.
2018 Carbon Black/Ivory White 540xi M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2017, 11:35 AM   #3
FadyDizzle
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by spatel19 View Post
I don't know the exact size of the tray, but I know the Note 8 won't fit. I was able to measure with a tape measure and it is about 6.20 inches wide. I am having IND look at mine to see if they and make it wider for me so that I can fit my Note 8.
Thanks, definitely a problem if it's about a quarter inch short. Good job Samsung :-/
Appreciate 0