BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery Has anybody ordered the 530e I performance model?

09-14-2017, 07:16 PM   #45
venom21
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW IX50 Tesla MYP Prev: 530e

Car finally arriving next week after a painfully long wait. #excited.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2017, 10:12 AM   #46
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnaukkar View Post
Yeah I've only driven 330e but it definitely feels a way lot quicker than 320i. Also the throttle response feels more like you are driving a diesel than petrol, because of the torque.

Basically when you have the car in auto, everytime you accelerate the electricity kicks in and gives it the extra horse power push. But theres also more torque than you would have with 30i and a faster throttle response, since you dont need to gear shift or rev out. Electric horses are instant.
I have a 330e and I am planning on swapping it out for a 530e. Both are or would be fully loaded.

I have had some battery cooling issues so I have had the car in the shop a number of times and my dealership has tried to give me good loaners. My last two were an X5 3.5 and a 2016 530i. I was amazed at how much quicker my 330 felt because of the instant torque from the electric engine. Even the 530i seemed slow compared to it.

The other thing I found is that the shifts are almost entirely imperceptible on my 330e and very evident on the loaners. I think that the electric motor, which replaces the torque converter, must do a much better job.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2017, 11:16 PM   #47
lnaukkar
Private First Class
Finland
Rep
Drives: G30 530e, F40 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
I have had some battery cooling issues so I have had the car in the shop a number of times and my dealership has tried to give me good loaners. My last two were an X5 3.5 and a 2016 530i. I was amazed at how much quicker my 330 felt because of the instant torque from the electric engine. Even the 530i seemed slow compared to it.
Also the weight and size does a lot. 330e feels way more aggressive compared to 530e. The 5-series has many other benefits though.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2017, 11:26 PM   #48
Jeff661
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX x50 Stormbay Metalic

Garage List
2023 BMW iX x50  [0.00]
Just picked up my 530e on Friday. I think the order was placed the first week of July. My production happened really fast but i'm in California so shipping took around 6 weeks. I got it with lots of toys, all the driver assistance options, dynamic suspension, luxury seating - basically everything except the M package. With about 200 miles logged, the check-engine light came on so now I'm driving a loaner 430i for a day.

I drove an Audi A6 diesel before. I really love the torque of the diesel. It was about 100ft/lb more than the 530e and still delivered excellent gas mileage. But alas no more VW diesels. So, i'm pretty happy with the 530e in the first few days. Hopefully engine light is a quick fix and i'm back with my new baby tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 08:36 AM   #49
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff661 View Post
Just picked up my 530e on Friday. I think the order was placed the first week of July. My production happened really fast but i'm in California so shipping took around 6 weeks. I got it with lots of toys, all the driver assistance options, dynamic suspension, luxury seating - basically everything except the M package. With about 200 miles logged, the check-engine light came on so now I'm driving a loaner 430i for a day.

I drove an Audi A6 diesel before. I really love the torque of the diesel. It was about 100ft/lb more than the 530e and still delivered excellent gas mileage. But alas no more VW diesels. So, i'm pretty happy with the 530e in the first few days. Hopefully engine light is a quick fix and i'm back with my new baby tomorrow.
Please let us know what happened with the check engine light. Thanks.
Appreciate 0