BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery new member - ordered 540i

04-30-2019, 06:50 PM   #45
Mittalfdk
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by niju321 View Post
Thank you! Congratulations on your new car. I was torn between Bluestone and Imperial Blue--Bluestone is going to look awesome on your car!

Thanks! Will do! I was so excited in the showroom I didn't take all that many pics...will take more this week when the sun comes out

Glad to hear you like it! This is my first car in a dark color--I suppose I'll get to know my friendly car wash staff well

Thank you!

Thank you! Attached some pics below, though once the sun comes out will try to get some better ones.

First impressions (in my first BMW)
-I have barely dipped into the throttle but the car is incredibly responsive. I haven't noticed any turbo lag.
-Steering feel is great, especially in Sport mode.
-I got the Pirelli run flats. They are OK, but seem to be pretty loud. I'll try them for a while longer, but suspect I'll end up switching to go-flats in the next few months--I did get the spare tire kit.
-Interior looks great to my eye. I wasn't sure if I would like the Cognac interior, but decided to try it since it seemed to be such a unique color. I'm glad I did--exactly the shade I was hoping for.
-I suspect it is going to take me a while to learn about all of the electronic features. So far, the night vision and HUD are my favorites.
Looks GORGEOUS!
Appreciate 1
niju32183.50
      05-01-2019, 08:25 AM   #46
niju321
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 540i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeMo87 View Post
Congrats again

The upholstery looks really good with the trim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mittalfdk View Post
Looks GORGEOUS!
Thank you both so much! It's hard to resist driving this thing--even sitting in it at night with the ambient lighting is wonderful
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2019, 10:23 AM   #47
CLABRO
THUNDER UP!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M Sport G30

Garage List
Quote:
Thank you both so much! It's hard to resist driving this thing--even sitting in it at night with the ambient lighting is wonderful

I agree. I just picked up mine last Friday and feel the same way. I'll go out to the garage and just open up the door to admire the ambient lighting and gorgeous interior.

Enjoy yours in good health!

G30 l Alpine White l M Sport Package l Executive Tier l Icon Adaptive Full LED Headlights l Mocha Nappa Leather l Multi-Contour Seats l Drivers Assistance Package l Drivers Assistance Plus Package l Dynamic Handling Package l Parking Assistance Package l Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound System l M Sport Brakes l Apple Carplay
Appreciate 2
niju32183.50
530iDriver1707.50
      05-01-2019, 11:36 AM   #48
lago1974
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i xDrive

Garage List
2023 X5 M50i  [8.50]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyrider01 View Post
Congratulations!
If the M550 came in imperial blue, that's the color I would have gotten. I went with the Bluestone and just found out that it should be at the dealership on Friday.
Thank you! Congratulations on your new car. I was torn between Bluestone and Imperial Blue--Bluestone is going to look awesome on your car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lago1974 View Post
Congrats man, so excited for you. Make sure you get some interior shots before it gets dirty (I forgot that myself when I was in the showroom)
Thanks! Will do! I was so excited in the showroom I didn't take all that many pics...will take more this week when the sun comes out

Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post
I love my imperial blue, carbon black was the closest thing in the "M" side
Glad to hear you like it! This is my first car in a dark color--I suppose I'll get to know my friendly car wash staff well

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedBimmer View Post
Awesome man, congrats!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeMo87 View Post
Congrats!! That color looks amazing.
Can't wait to see it after the detail
Thank you! Attached some pics below, though once the sun comes out will try to get some better ones.

First impressions (in my first BMW)
-I have barely dipped into the throttle but the car is incredibly responsive. I haven't noticed any turbo lag.
-Steering feel is great, especially in Sport mode.
-I got the Pirelli run flats. They are OK, but seem to be pretty loud. I'll try them for a while longer, but suspect I'll end up switching to go-flats in the next few months--I did get the spare tire kit.
-Interior looks great to my eye. I wasn't sure if I would like the Cognac interior, but decided to try it since it seemed to be such a unique color. I'm glad I did--exactly the shade I was hoping for.
-I suspect it is going to take me a while to learn about all of the electronic features. So far, the night vision and HUD are my favorites.
Oh wow look at that car!! How nice and elegant... and fast!! Congrats again and I hope it serves you well.
Appreciate 1
niju32183.50
      05-01-2019, 06:05 PM   #49
niju321
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 540i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLABRO View Post
I agree. I just picked up mine last Friday and feel the same way. I'll go out to the garage and just open up the door to admire the ambient lighting and gorgeous interior.

Enjoy yours in good health!
Thanks! You as well--will have to see some pics of your car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lago1974 View Post
Oh wow look at that car!! How nice and elegant... and fast!! Congrats again and I hope it serves you well.
Thank you! Hope yours is serving you well too
Appreciate 0