BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications 530i - a chip from BMW?

03-27-2018, 07:34 AM   #1
bpma
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M5C Stage 2

530i - a chip from BMW?

The 540i has the MPPSK, and while there are third party companies making chips for the 530i as well, there's nothing out there from BMW sadly.

And that sucks - I'm leasing, and plan to give the car back to the dealer once my lease ends, so I'm pretty much blocked from using any third party mods, as apparently BMW can spot whether any chiptuning has been performed, even if I remove the chip before giving the car back.

That brings me to my question - does anyone know if BMW has anything like that planned for the 530i? It would make a lot of sense in certain European markets, when the 3-litre 540i is taxed so much more than the 530i.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2018, 08:05 AM   #2
csm7djs
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 3.0d M-Sport

sorry not a direct answer to your question, but what about a JB+?

I'm not entirely sure BMW could see that this had been attached. There won't be any error codes. Yes it will be over boosting, but does it actually store boost values? I don't know...
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2018, 09:23 AM   #3
bpma
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M5C Stage 2

As far as I know they’re able to detect anything.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2018, 03:13 PM   #4
timmahh
ghey
United_States
Rep
Drives: Viertürigen Fahrzeugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpma View Post
The 540i has the MPPSK, and while there are third party companies making chips for the 530i as well, there's nothing out there from BMW sadly.

And that sucks - I'm leasing, and plan to give the car back to the dealer once my lease ends, so I'm pretty much blocked from using any third party mods, as apparently BMW can spot whether any chiptuning has been performed, even if I remove the chip before giving the car back.

That brings me to my question - does anyone know if BMW has anything like that planned for the 530i? It would make a lot of sense in certain European markets, when the 3-litre 540i is taxed so much more than the 530i.
Is Dinan not an option? It's the only thing out there that maintains the factory warranty [matches], so I would assume they have no problem with it. Hell they could probably sell it for more once you turn the lease in.